Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

The team ninja account on twitter posted this ( translated to English ) -

"
Designer's Challenge 2017 Costume application deadline has ended! I would like to express my gratitude and gratitude from all the staff for receiving a lot of powerful work from all over the world this year too! We will be selecting from now, please wait for the presentation around autumn this year!"

I guess Autumn is like September type time.

Princeofhalcyon

Since the deadlines here, thought id finally post some ideas i had, hopefully i didn't inadvertently copy anyone elses. This isnt all the ones i made though.
Also didn't spend a ton of time making the pictures themselves great since it seems like all they care about is the design. (I had to shrink em so they're pixely)
costumes.png

Jadeinchains

Your designs are nice, @Princeofhalcyon. :)

Also since it's summer ( that word means nothing where I live ) maybe they'll show something but who knows.

Lol I was looking at the casual thread like page 500 back in Feb 2014 ( before I'd joined the forum :eek: ) and it was a conversation about Helena dying her hair pink. :D I remember those conversations!

Princeofhalcyon

Your designs are nice, @Princeofhalcyon. :)

Also since it's summer ( that word means nothing where I live ) maybe they'll show something but who knows.

Lol I was looking at the casual thread like page 500 back in Feb 2014 ( before I'd joined the forum :eek: ) and it was a conversation about Helena dying her hair pink. :D I remember those conversations!
Thanks! :) Even if nothing in this thread is picked, i'll still look forward to them anyway since the halloween costumes are always better than what TN makes themselves lol

ShinobiOfTheWind

Since the deadlines here, thought id finally post some ideas i had, hopefully i didn't inadvertently copy anyone elses. This isnt all the ones i made though.
Also didn't spend a ton of time making the pictures themselves great since it seems like all they care about is the design. (I had to shrink em so they're pixely)View attachment 23263

ANYWAY, I do love the Nyotengu and Naotora one ! You did a great job with all of them !

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I never posted my new entry for the contest in here:

34526742040_f943249b8e_o.jpg

(I submitted a slightly different version of this sheet. It had also a back view of the dress. But I like this version with the bigger depiction of the comb better.)

I always wanted to give Helena a Lorelei costume and I was surprised that in all that time no one beside me ever got the idea. The legend isn't that unknown, right? I am also pretty sure Helena, when she debuted in DOA3, was actually directly inspired by the siren of that legend.
For everyone who doesn't know the legend:
In old ages a beautiful siren named Lorelei (originally Loreley in German) sat on a steep cliff above a river bend of the Rhine (Germany's and France's contested border river). She was unimaginably beautiful, had flowing, golden hair, was bejeweled from head to toe and had the most beautiful singing voice. While she sat there combing her hair and singing in her loneliness, bewitched fishermen would row nearer and nearer, be caught by the treacherous currents of the river bend and be smashed against the cliff.
Thousands of boats and ship did in fact sink on that very spot of the Rhine until the river was developed and straightened in the 19th century.

Here's an old painting:

0_f448a_d1db9181_XL.jpg

And this is what the Lorelei rock looks like today:

1200px-St.Goarshausen_Loreley_Burg_Katz_2016-03-27-17-13-57.jpg

This view looks familiar, right? This is what inspired the Lorelei stage.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There are no winners, TN will choose themselves. They probably won't show anything regarding costumes until they show two in a teaser match a month or two before October and they'll tease the costumes in October like usual

Princeofhalcyon

There are no winners, TN will choose themselves. They probably won't show anything regarding costumes until they show two in a teaser match a month or two before October and they'll tease the costumes in October like usual
Yup, cause why make a traditional competition where people make it clear who won and who lost :p

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yup, cause why make a traditional competition where people make it clear who won and who lost :p
I think it's more from the very first costume design contest, they used Facebook to vote and instead of picking designs based on that alone, it became lopsided and alot of people picked based on who had the best drawing skills, plus a Rachel outfit was rigged

I rather TN pick because if we had to vote that way again, me and several other people wouldn't have a chance at all, and it would be once again a vain vote over a true one. I know when I voted back then I chose the most revealing outfits I was curious about and those said outfits actually made it in the game too

Argentus

I think it's more from the very first costume design contest, they used Facebook to vote and instead of picking designs based on that alone, it became lopsided and alot of people picked based on who had the best drawing skills, plus a Rachel outfit was rigged

I rather TN pick because if we had to vote that way again, me and several other people wouldn't have a chance at all, and it would be once again a vain vote over a true one. I know when I voted back then I chose the most revealing outfits I was curious about and those said outfits actually made it in the game too

That and the following year yhe western fans were vry VOCAL on how we arent a fan of just the bikini designs being picked and TN took ttook that as an insult to japanese fans (who primarily design the cutesy/sexy stuff) and so from then on they stopped even showing galleries of what was submitted

Princeofhalcyon

Oh yeah ive been in art contests on deviantart, its always whatever looks flashiest wins, so digital artists almost always steamroll traditional artists like me, so id rather not have the users vote either, especially how petty people are and how easily people jump on board with eachother to do something dumb. But a little recognition like a ''we recieved your design, thankyou'' woulda been nice so i at least know they looked at em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD