Horizon Zero Dawn

ShinobiGuy

I'm finally playing! Just started, but man, them graphics :-O

Ok, passed the initial start. It looks right up my alley. Great story so far, the locations start off stunning and just the way they start you off is really well done.

Last edited:

Argentus

So what even IS this game? Literally all i've heard about it is "It's free roam!"

...aaaaaand? Sure its pretty but graphics aren't enough to sell a game anymore unless its like a CC2 game or something.

I've heard it compared to Witcher and the Tomb Raider reboots as well, but that's about it.

Chapstick

So what even IS this game? Literally all i've heard about it is "It's free roam!
Then you haven't been listening plus there's plenty of vids here in this thread

@Tyaren I barely post pics because it's annoying doing the plug in usb, select a few important pics out of a bunch, copy, plug into my slow ass laptop, put them through imgur, copy and paste urls here thing but I'll stick some on here later tonight

Argentus

Then you haven't been listening plus there's plenty of vids here in this thread

@Tyaren I barely post pics because it's annoying doing the plug in usb, select a few important pics out of a bunch, copy, plug into my slow ass laptop, put them through imgur, copy and paste urls here thing but I'll stick some on here later tonight

yeah i haven't searched through the thread yet was hoping for a quick answer. Debating if I was gonna get this or Nioh but propably just gonna save up for MEA.

ShinobiGuy

This game has a lot of the same mechanics as the new tomb raider, but in a much larger open world that is absolutely stunning.

Nioh is amazing also, fantastic gameplay.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Just wanted to drop by and say, holy shit this game is absolutely gorgeous!

3079321-horizonzerodawn_e32016_aloy_vista_1465873612.jpg

Love the feel to the world too and the underlying storyline and lore discovered so far. Can't wait to see how things are further in!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Then you haven't been listening plus there's plenty of vids here in this thread.

Good answer. ;) When I saw Argentus' post I thought: I hope no one takes his time to answer him, when he didn't even take time to read the first post of this thread.
Come on, seriously? It's almost insulting for the work that I did collecting information and news in this thread, often basically holding a monologue with myself.

Literally all i've heard about it is "It's free roam!"

Wherever did you get that shitty description from?

Last edited:

Argentus

Good answer. ;) When I saw Argentus' post I thought: I hope no one takes his time to answer him, when he didn't even take time to read the first post of this thread.
Come on, seriously? It's almost insulting for the work that I did collecting information and news in this thread, often basically holding a monologue with myself.

Wherever did you get that shitty description from?

from all the advertisements and everyone i've asked. Every description about this game has been SUPER vague.

Literally you mentioning zelda like dungeon puzzles in the op is the first time I've heard anything specific about the game.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
from all the advertisements and everyone i've asked. Every description about this game has been SUPER vague.

Literally you mentioning zelda like dungeon puzzles in the op is the first time I've heard anything specific about the game.

It's an open world 3rd-person action adventure game.

Argentus

It's an open world 3rd-person action adventure game.

yeah so...how is it different, I guess, is what I'm asking? Because we have that type of game up the yinyang nowadays.

i mean like can you basically ride/control the giant robot animals or something? Because an open world Kameo style game sounds awesome.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
yeah so...how is it different, I guess, is what I'm asking? Because we have that type of game up the yinyang nowadays.

i mean like can you basically ride/control the giant robot animals or something? Because an open world Kameo style game sounds awesome.

Look at the fucking videos of the game and decide for your self lol. Or better yet, actually try the game. The machines are your enemies, but Aloy has procured herself some interesting machine tech that allows her to scan nearby areas for details giving a bit of a futuristic feel. Seriously dude, just check out the game. It's not really like anything out there, including Tomb Raider.

Argentus

Look at the fucking videos of the game and decide for your self lol. Or better yet, actually try the game. The machines are your enemies, but Aloy has procured herself some interesting machine tech that allows her to scan nearby areas for details giving a bit of a futuristic feel. Seriously dude, just check out the game. It's not really like anything out there, including Tomb Raider.

ah okay i'll just pass for now and wait for a flash sale then. Wasn't catching my interest anyways just curious about what all the hubbub was about.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Great pics! :D @Chapstick I see you playing the game for hours without end on PSN. I'm glad you enjoy it. Sadly you couldn't get into The Witcher 3, but Horizon imo has far better main story pacing. It propels you along from the start and you just have to know what happens next.

Speaking of the Witcher...CD Projekt Red, the developers of the Witcher, just posted the cutest congratulatory pic to Guerilla Games on Twitter:

C56AGGkWcAAskuz.jpg

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/837316575925514241

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Transferring this in here from the other thread to not get off-topic there:

I wouldn't know tho since I know very little about Horizon Dawn but it must be good considering everyone I know who's mentioned getting the game seem to be busy with it

It's actually very good. It received lots of 10/10s and 9/10s. Many reviewers calling it the best PS4 exclusive and a must have for the system.
For me it's the most polished open world game that I have played so far. It's sort of a RPG light with many action adventure elements. It's basically a The Legend of Zelda meets The Witcher 3 meets Tomb Raider. I don't know if games like this interest you.
The game excels in especially three aspects:
1) The combat with the robot creatures. It's fun, intense, challenging and deep. And the creatures are just so awe-inspiring.
2) The story and its pacing is really well done. It's more similar to how a JRPG is told instead of a Western RPG. It's more focused, emotional and the story is of bigger overall importance in the game.
3) Horizon's world, its cultures and lore. They invented a unique, beautiful and intriguing sci-fi/fantasy world here that just works and is really immersive.

Last edited:

Chapstick

New page I hope. God I have such a boner for these graphics

cexwCP8.png

lI6W36S.png

WBsFGXU.png

^this is my pet dog Mr Bitey unfortunately I had to take him to the vet to get put down shortly after taking this pic

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD