Horizon Zero Dawn

Jadeinchains

Guess who just got this game!
Screenshot_116.png

It's downloading just now! I decided to get it and I can't wait. :D I might stay away from pictures people are taking just to avoid anything but once I'm further in the game I'll look at them. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Guess who just got this game!
Screenshot_116.png

It's downloading just now! I decided to get it and I can't wait. :D I might stay away from pictures people are taking just to avoid anything but once I'm further in the game I'll look at them. :)

Awesome. :D I don't think you are going to regret it. You liked The Witcher 3, you will surely like Horizon too. Especially since the setting and game world is even more unique and beautiful, storytelling is generally better and more focused and the combat with the mechanic creatures is way more fun and rewarding than the Witcher 3 combat, which is imo the weakest part of that game.

By the way, I took down my first Thunderjaw earlier today! :D

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-001.jpg

I felt so badass afterwards. What a fight... I had been carefully avoiding them (for 55 hours of playtime), because they look absolutely terrifying, are armed to their teeth, super fast and strong. When I finally had to obtain a Thunderjaw heart to save a little girl I had no other choice though.
Quickly after that I defeated a corrupted one for another sidequest, lol, which are even more terrifying and damage sponges. The fight was super intense and lasted for a good 20 minutes. But I did it! :D

Jadeinchains

Thanks! So far its been amazing, I haven't seen any of the Thunderjaws yet, though I did see a tallneck! This game is so beautiful.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was going to say it's normal to not see any thunderjaws for a while, but then I was reminded of your pace going through a game. XD Come on, don't do this game in 20 hours. :( Make it an epic journey, not a weekend trip. XD

Chapstick

It's hard to fully grasp how large a thunderjaw is until it's right on top of you. There are times I think I'm close enough to shoot them and it turns out I'm still too far away but appear closer because they're so huge.

I'm 52 or so hours in with about 80% completion. And easily 250+ screenshots lol

Jadeinchains

I was going to say it's normal to not see any thunderjaws for a while, but then I was reminded of your pace going through a game. XD Come on, don't do this game in 20 hours. :( Make it an epic journey, not a weekend trip. XD

Lol no don't worry I'm definitely taking my time! XD I'm focusing more on errands and sidequests right now. This isn't going to be something that I complete quickly!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol no don't worry I'm definitely taking my time! XD I'm focusing more on errands and sidequests right now. This isn't going to be something that I complete quickly!

Good. :)
I am already dreading, finishing this game. :( Guerilla Games hasn't said anything regarding DLC. Which is on one hand a good thing, because you can see they were clearly focused on this game, that it's a complete, well-rounded package and nothing was cut out to make extra money...but if a game is this good I so wished there were expansions similar to The Witcher 3. :(

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah I was actually wondering if there was a season pass since lots of games have them, its nice in a way to see a game without one. Maybe they'll announce one later with expansions?

Chapstick

This is pretty cool! :D Horizon Zero Dawn's director Mathijs de Jonge released on Twitter following info that they gathered from the game:
Hunting/kill stats for week 1:
>152M Watchers
>1.4M Thunderjaws
>20M Turkeys

https://twitter.com/dejongemathijs/status/840195289432653827

I contributed 2 thunderjaws. :D (No clue how many watchers and turkeys I killed from the top of my head.)
What about you @Chapstick?
I think I've killed maybeeee 7-10

Is there some way to know how many you killed of each in the game?

just_me

Standard Donor
Is there some way to know how many you killed of each in the game?

Yes there is: Notebook -> Statistics -> Machines Killed
… I'm at 23, since I think those are easiest/fastest large Machine kills, so I killed a bunch for decent modification drops.

Chapstick

Finally got on to look and I've killed

209 watchers
23 redeye watchers
111 grazers
18 chargers
62 striders
11 tramplers
59 glinthawks
21 lancehorns
33 broadheads
27 longlegs
21 snapmaws
3 behemoths
18 shellwalkers
16 sawteeth
18 ravagers
13 fire bellowbacks
8 freeze bellowbacks
14 stalkers
4 rockbreakers
3 stormbirds
7 thunderjaws
7 corrupters
2 deathbringers

So 708 total machines

512 humans

48 boars
22 rats
48 rabbits
13 raccoons
1 goose just one
46 foxes
12 salmon
34 turkeys
13 trout

And 31 machine overrides

Y'all should post yours too

Tyaren

Standard Donor
lflc6tA.gif

Behemoths are so badass! O:

By the way, I hope you guys all have the HUD set to dynamic. It then vanishes when not used. You can't play a this gorgeous looking game with the complete screen littered with icons and text.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Okay that's me stopped playing for today. ( I'm addicted o_o ) I've already got pretty near to 18 hours into the game lol. I haven't entered Meridian yet by the way ive just been doing side things. Also here's my stats.

84 watchers
6 redeye watchers
26 grazers
13 chargers
23 striders
0 tramplers
10 glinthawks
1 lancehorns
0 broadheads
3 longlegs
5 snapmaws
0 behemoths
0 shellwalkers
5 sawteeth
3 ravagers
1 fire bellowbacks
0 freeze bellowbacks
1 stalkers
0 rockbreakers
0 stormbirds
0 thunderjaws
2 corrupters
0 deathbringers

225 humans

14 boars
2 rats
6 rabbits
2 raccoons
1 goose just one ( same lol )
9 foxes
4 salmon
4 turkeys
4 trout

And 3 machine overrides

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay that's me stopped playing for today. ( I'm addicted o_o ) I've already got pretty near to 18 hours into the game lol. I haven't entered Meridian yet by the way ive just been doing side things. Also here's my stats.

84 watchers
6 redeye watchers
26 grazers
13 chargers
23 striders
0 tramplers
10 glinthawks
1 lancehorns
0 broadheads
3 longlegs
5 snapmaws
0 behemoths
0 shellwalkers
5 sawteeth
3 ravagers
1 fire bellowbacks
0 freeze bellowbacks
1 stalkers
0 rockbreakers
0 stormbirds
0 thunderjaws
2 corrupters
0 deathbringers

225 humans

14 boars
2 rats
6 rabbits
2 raccoons
1 goose just one ( same lol )
9 foxes
4 salmon
4 turkeys
4 trout

And 3 machine overrides

Approach and enter Meridian only by day! It's imo so much more impressive then, especially the walk up to its gates.

Jadeinchains

Approach and enter Meridian only by day! It's imo so much more impressive then, especially the walk up to its gates.

Okay! I'll make sure its day time, I've taken a couple of pictures so far so I'll try to take some of Meridian. And yeah I've been making sure to to not rush through it so I deliberately did sidequests instead of going to meridian. I think I'll go tomorrow though.

What type of mark did you both go to Meridian at?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What type of mark did you both go to Meridian at?

Go to Meridian once you feel like it. :) (I don't know at what point I reached it.) I did one main quest, then a couple side quests, then a main quest again and so on... Do it like it feels right for you and your good.
I think I'm going to finish the story tonight, at least I was warned by the game that I'm at a point of no return. I'm over 60 hours playtime now and I have done all the important side quests. I have no clue how the game handles its post end game. I hope I can keep on playing and maybe a couple more side quests unlock. Let's see. :)

Jadeinchains

Thanks yeah I'm doing it in kind of a way like that with a few side quests in between main quests though once I reached the Carja area I did a lot of side quests and collectable stuff. ( I'm loving the collectables a lot! )
The Carja area is so beautiful looking, I love how they are more advanced.

And its good they tell you once you are at the point where there's no return, I liked that Witches 3 did that so I didn't go ahead if I wanted to stay back and do more things. Anyway have fun if you finish the story of it! :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD