IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hell yeah. Training mode looks incredible. Best training mode ever. This should be standard for fighting games from now on.

Batcommander

Frame data is in?

GOOD SHIT TECMO.

I am still shocked TTT2, with all it's bells and whistles, does not include this very crucial function! It has made playing VF5 so much better for me, all fighting games need this.

RikWeaN

Now if we could get an online Training mode, the game would get close to perfect in the features department.

DrDogg

Now if we could get an online Training mode, the game would get close to perfect in the features department.

While I'm not against an online training mode, I've never really seen the appeal of it. I'd prefer the ability to have infinite health with maybe a 3 minute timer and the previous winner continues on after the 3 minutes.

Either that or you can only enter online training mode in a 2-person room, but I think that would displease some people who like to train in groups.

RikWeaN

Well, I think it would be a cool feature to people who live far away from each other and still wanna train together. Infinite Health would be nice, but being able to get a proper online Training with all features from the offline one would be best. I'll take what we get though... the game is shaping up quite nicely anyway.

Another cool feature that was in KoFXIII I think, was the ability to play Training mode while waiting for people to join your online room. It's probably a long shot, but that would be a very cool thing to have in DOA5 too.

Doug Nguyen

Online training sounds useful for helping new players. Thats what im planning on doing with my friend since i convinced him to get this.

DrDogg

Well, I think it would be a cool feature to people who live far away from each other and still wanna train together. Infinite Health would be nice, but being able to get a proper online Training with all features from the offline one would be best. I'll take what we get though... the game is shaping up quite nicely anyway.

Another cool feature that was in KoFXIII I think, was the ability to play Training mode while waiting for people to join your online room. It's probably a long shot, but that would be a very cool thing to have in DOA5 too.

What about lag? I just feel that it would hamper the main purpose of a training mode to introduce lag.

Again, I'm not against including it, I just don't think it will be as beneficial as people think it will be.

RikWeaN

Oh but you're quite right and I definitely concur :
This is all based upon the game having a solid netcode, of course.
I mean, if the game actually lags in a 1v1 room, then there would be no point in having such a feature since the game would be unplayable online anyway (hello there, MK9).

Rubedood

One thing that was said that bothered me: they're taking feedback from the Japanese players. Why? Isn't the majority of the community here in the US? If so shouldn't they be listening to you guys? That makes no sense to me. It's like what happened with SC5. They used the Japan player's feedback on that game, and a patch came out a month after release date that fucked the game over. I would not like to see a repeat of that.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
One thing that was said that bothered me: they're taking feedback from the Japanese players. Why? Isn't the majority of the community here in the US? If so shouldn't they be listening to you guys? That makes no sense to me. It's like what happened with SC5. They used the Japan player's feedback on that game, and a patch came out a month after release date that fucked the game over. I would not like to see a repeat of that.

Team NINJA is taking feedback from everyone. It's their game, so whichever way they decide to take some things will be their decision in the end, regardless of who provided said feedback.

Xion

She can do it vanilla, or lead into it from a combo now like Drdogg said. If you can imagine her DOA4 stance, but being forced to follow it up immediately. There's no option to just stay in it and wait. I guess that is the main difference between this and a "stance".

Doug Nguyen

She can do it vanilla, or lead into it from a combo now like Drdogg said. If you can imagine her DOA4 stance, but being forced to follow it up immediately. There's no option to just stay in it and wait. I guess that is the main difference between this and a "stance".
Oh ok so theres like a time limit i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD