IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

No agenda there, sir ;)

Bayman killed her father and Christie killed her mother. Woe is her.

She's had a tough tournament life. Being bottom tier in her debut game, being low tier in DOA3, finally hitting top tier status but in games no one gives a shit about.

UnD34D

Looking back at this now, "I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S." was a good catchphrase.
Jack Schitt actually stole that catch phrase from US Navy Aviatian Ordanancemen. They have IYAOYAS (the O being ordanance) plastered all over their work shops on carriers.

DrDogg

Unholdable stuns are always good. Cb being harder to get, but easy for just Bayman sounds a bit too much.

No one said it was "just Bayman". Bayman was one example.

The exact quote from the article is, "Some characters, such as Bayman, can still get to a Critical Burst stun in three hits, but this seems to be the exception, not the rule." Meaning there's more than one character who can do it, but it's not the standard.

So Dr.Dogg have DOA 5 reached the minimum requirements yet for the competitive scene?

I need a more final build before I can really say.

daman077c

Can't wait for Monday, as my main gets broken down and I get to take some notes to prepare for San Mateo. I like that her 64P (or is it 61P?) now leads to an unholdable stun, and even better, it doesn't require it to be on counter hit (if it's kept the same as it was in DOA 4). Lei's looking very sitdown stun and hold heavy.

Arnell Long

"You’ll be able to choose any number of characters and stages, and the random select option will be limited to only the characters and stages selected." <=== Always wanted that in a fighter, definitely Dead Or Alive, very impressive.

The choice of a particular sidestep option is sure to please the masses, myself included.

Evey single time I read "unholdable" stun, I get a weird smirk on my face. I'm also itching to see that faint stun.

Slow-escapes time now has some strictness to it?
Critical Bursts no longer a walk in the park "easy"?

Word yo! Impressive.

DrDogg

Can't wait for Monday, as my main gets broken down and I get to take some notes to prepare for San Mateo. I like that her 64P (or is it 61P?) now leads to an unholdable stun, and even better, it doesn't require it to be on counter hit (if it's kept the same as it was in DOA 4). Lei's looking very sitdown stun and hold heavy.

It's 64P and it's only a faint stun on CH and HCH. Also, she only has two sit-down stuns, one of which is from BT.

matsu

I can't wait to see jann lee and lei fang's breakdown.It's nice to begin with Rig though.Too bad this old Gen Fu is still sleeping...I go back to train my one inch punch wat wat wat wataaaaaaaa!!!!!

I just hope jann lee 's 66 p+g will be fixed.The magic stance swap is reaaaaally ugly.

daman077c

It's 64P and it's only a faint stun on CH and HCH. Also, she only has two sit-down stuns, one of which is from BT.

I retract my statement about her being sitdown stun heavy, but will keep the hold heavy end of it. I know her 3K is one, but what's the back turned one? I know she's also got a limbo stun from BT, but it's off of the second hit of her 4KKK.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

Yo DrDogg. I think that same faint stun can be seen after Sarah's from flamingo just frame P2KKK ... its the same stun as leifangs 64P.. check it out

DrDogg

I retract my statement about her being sitdown stun heavy, but will keep the hold heavy end of it. I know her 3K is one, but what's the back turned one? I know she's also got a limbo stun from BT, but it's off of the second hit of her 4KKK.

Her 3K is not a sit-down stun, but I'd like to hold off on the Leifang questions/answers until Monday when her article goes live. No reason to spoil things. ;)

Yo DrDogg. I think that same faint stun can be seen after Sarah's from flamingo just frame P2KKK ... its the same stun as leifangs 64P.. check it out

I will check, but I don't know how useful it may be from that string. I'll need to do some additional testing.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Her 3K is not a sit-down stun, but I'd like to hold off on the Leifang questions/answers until Monday when her article goes live. No reason to spoil things. ;)

I will check, but I don't know how useful it may be from that string. I'll need to do some additional testing.

If its gonna be a just frame like VF .. chances are it might actually be a 3-in-1 ... ie... VERY USEFUL. because it also guarantees a follow up 1KK which causes a minor re-launch into 6KK (I'm talking DOA Sarah now not VF)

DrDogg

If its gonna be a just frame like VF .. chances are it might actually be a 3-in-1 ... ie... VERY USEFUL. because it also guarantees a follow up 1KK which causes a minor re-launch into 6KK (I'm talking DOA Sarah now not VF)

Wait, you're talking about what was shown in the balance test footage? That's not the same animation, but it may have a similar property. Christie has a new animation sit-down stun, but it does the same thing as a normal sit-down stun.

Also, even if the attack is a 3-in-1, it can still be countered if it connects as a HCH.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Won't really know until the game comes out really. The key, and I really do mean to stress this, the key to having a successful scene (not just offline) is to make sure players come offline to support their game and their other players.

Seriously, it is the one metric that is used to judge a game's life. If players keep the game in the spotlight, show that they are willing to support their game regardless of what others think, and help teach new players the skillset required to play the game, the game will succeed. If the game succeeds then Koei-Tecmo can put more money behind the game, the series, and the fan community. It's literally up to everyone to show their support as they can. The chances of us getting into this first year of Evo are incredibly slim due to the community's past, the game's past, and the fact we only have 3 months maximum to show that people will pay to fly out to Vegas and rep their game and community. That's not a lot of time to show that things have changed.

Seriously, regardless of the final mechanics, if you enjoy playing Dead or Alive 5 and want to see a Dead or Alive 6, show up to offline events, form a local community, and prove by numbers that this game means something.

[/soapbox]

Just want to comment that Team NINJA responded to this:

Thank you Matt for this post. I don't usually comment, but I had to jump in on this topic.

Team NINJA and I are totally committed to bringing DOA back to the fighting scene. And we want to make sure this comeback trail takes us all the way to the promised land... So, take heed of Matt's advice and stand behind our game & represent your community with dignity. Settle your differences on the matches, but please keep the negativity off the airwaves. In doing so, you will... HELP US HELP YOU.

Thanks for the love fellas! The Fight begins in September. Let's rock this thing!

UnD34D

Thank you Matt for this post. I don't usually comment, but I had to jump in on this topic.

Team NINJA and I are totally committed to bringing DOA back to the fighting scene. And we want to make sure this comeback trail takes us all the way to the promised land... So, take heed of Matt's advice and stand behind our game & represent your community with dignity. Settle your differences on the matches, but please keep the negativity off the airwaves. In doing so, you will... HELP US HELP YOU.

Thanks for the love fellas! The Fight begins in September. Let's rock this thing!​
:
I gotta say, this is the first thing Team NINJA has done that has actually made me feel like supporting this game, if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD