IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I gotta say, this is the first thing Team NINJA has done that has actually made me feel like supporting this game, if this is true.

It's true. We have very good communication going, and I'm glad they took the time to chime in publicly.

Very hyped at this moment and looking forward to all of the events coming up.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, so far everything is looking good. Game is going to have plenty of content, most characters are good and the dev team are listening.

Chances are your game might live longer than SCV, which will be good.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, so far everything is looking good. Game is going to have plenty of content, most characters are good and the dev team are listening.

Chances are you guys might live longer than SCV, which will be good.

If I have my way it will grow over time rather than shrink.

A rare thing in competitive gaming but not impossible, and DOA has unique circumstances that help it.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's an accessible games and Americans are lazy.

The women are more attractive, too.

I've known quite a few attractive english women in my youth and, alas, by the time they all turned 21 they began to resemble cave trolls of some sort. Not certain if this is genetic thing or just bad luck on my part.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's an accessible games and Americans are lazy.
Accessible, my foot!

I'll have you know it took 3 months each - exactly 3 friggin' months each - just for me to learn how to use each face button properly. It was torture, I tell ya, but that was before realizing I'm a masochist. Christie showed me this undeniable truth... I was far from lazy. Learning She Quan is hard work, dad-gummit!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Accessible, my foot!

I'll have you know it took 3 months each - exactly 3 friggin' months each - just for me to learn how to use each face button properly. It was torture, I tell ya, but that was before realizing I'm a masochist. Christie showed me this undeniable truth... I was far from lazy. Learning She Quan is hard work, dad-gummit!

You did it the easy way.

Justownin and I used to play each other in DOA2U using our feet to control the pad. Shit was infinitely more difficult.

UnD34D

It's true. We have very good communication going, and I'm glad they took the time to chime in publicly.

Very hyped at this moment and looking forward to all of the events coming up.
I gotta say, and I'll start with saying most of you know how pessimistic I've been about this game since I came back to the site, I'm getting pretty fucking psyched. I'm actually excited to get my hands on it at TGS. If Team NINJA stays legit and actually holds true this time (if you remember we were promised a lot for DOA4 and it fell through pretty hard), I will push this game as hard as I can. I still consider myself a Tekken player over a DOA player (where as back in the day I was hardcore about DOA, despite how much of the FGC made me feel like a dumbass), but I'm pretty hype.

daman077c

Her 3K is not a sit-down stun, but I'd like to hold off on the Leifang questions/answers until Monday when her article goes live. No reason to spoil things. ;)

I miss-typed that (I think), it's 6K (Full string 6KP). IIRC, there's been a few times where the incredible awfulness that is the 360 pad has allowed me to input 3K and it's came out the same. :confused:

UnD34D

I miss-typed that (I think), it's 6K (Full string 6KP). IIRC, there's been a few times where the incredible awfulness that is the 360 pad has allowed me to input 3K and it's came out the same. :confused:
No, you meant 3k, 6k she does a high kick. 3k she does a straight kick the hits mid and leads to a :P: follow up where she hits you with her back.

daman077c

No, you meant 3k, 6k she does a high kick. 3k she does a straight kick the hits mid and leads to a :P: follow up where she hits you with her back.

Ok, I was right then, on counter-hit her 3K does sitdown stun, at least in DOA 4 it did.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've known quite a few attractive english women in my youth and, alas, by the time they all turned 21 they began to resemble cave trolls of some sort. Not certain if this is genetic thing or just bad luck on my part.

Still doesn't change the fact that Americans are lazy.

and no, you probably haven't been to Essex.

X-Savior

Won't really know until the game comes out really. The key, and I really do mean to stress this, the key to having a successful scene (not just offline) is to make sure players come offline to support their game and their other players.

Seriously, it is the one metric that is used to judge a game's life. If players keep the game in the spotlight, show that they are willing to support their game regardless of what others think, and help teach new players the skillset required to play the game, the game will succeed. If the game succeeds then Koei-Tecmo can put more money behind the game, the series, and the fan community. It's literally up to everyone to show their support as they can. The chances of us getting into this first year of Evo are incredibly slim due to the community's past, the game's past, and the fact we only have 3 months maximum to show that people will pay to fly out to Vegas and rep their game and community. That's not a lot of time to show that things have changed.

Seriously, regardless of the final mechanics, if you enjoy playing Dead or Alive 5 and want to see a Dead or Alive 6, show up to offline events, form a local community, and prove by numbers that this game means something.

[/soapbox]
I couldn't agree more!
A lot of people looked very interested in DOA5 at xanadu! So now we have to start offering up our sticks and teach. ;)

matsu

ok so Rig is a mixup monster ,nice:).He seems to be a good teammate for Sarah.I can't wait to try him and see what they can do .He clearly his oriented like Sarah in VF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD