DOA5LR More evidence of PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachincko

DLC was mentioned to be transferable regardless of platform. So there's a chance that that may apply to PC as well.

You mean 5U(console) initial version + full-price and full-part DLC(console) for PC version?

So I'm not going to mention those new comers, just in our thread, who else already got 5 and 5U will get these DLCs again while which can not be translated from console platforms?

Maybe Core Fighter version guys?

Squizzo

Call me a cynic, but I'm very sceptical about this. Surely TN would have said something about a PC version by now, especially considering that a lot of people may have already pre ordered for consoles.

d3v

Except this is an ESRB listing. You don't just have an ESRB listing (which I assume also costs some money) if you're not planning to release something.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
You mean 5U(console) initial version + full-price and full-part DLC(console) for PC version?

So I'm not going to mention those new comers, just in our thread, who else already got 5 and 5U will get these DLCs again while which can not be translated from console platforms?

Maybe Core Fighter version guys?
Don't forget that you can sign into steam with PSN, and Windows can easily link the save datas via cloud from Xbox.
Not too sure on how DLC transfers will be for PC. It might all come free, as PC has never gotten an entry of DOA before, and could potentially cost a little bit more.

Core Fighters could also be a thing, but I don't want it to be the ONLY version of LR on PC.

Squizzo

Except this is an ESRB listing. You don't just have an ESRB listing (which I assume also costs some money) if you're not planning to release something.
Yeah getting an ESRB rating does cost money, but that doesn't mean that either the ratings board accidentally listed it for pc or TN accidentally applied for a pc rating. I'm still going to remain sceptical until we get some more concrete evidence.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
lol @ you guys saying that you don't have PC's that are powerful enough to run this game. Remember, when DOA5 was released in 2012 it was on consoles with 512MB of memory AND they were pushing ~6 years old. You can build a PC that can wipe its ass with a PS4/XBONE for about $600-$800, especially if you go with Intel. If you bought/built your PC within the last 3-5 years then you'll be fine.

lotr9690

lol @ you guys saying that you don't have PC's that are powerful enough to run this game. Remember, when DOA5 was released in 2012 it was on consoles with 512MB of memory AND they were pushing ~6 years old. You can build a PC that can wipe its ass with a PS4/XBONE for about $600-$800, especially if you go with Intel. If you bought/built your PC within the last 3-5 years then you'll be fine.
I agree. Even if you don't have one right now, you can in the future. PC games are relevant for a much longer time than console games. Don't make any snap decisions just yet. A year or two from now you might be able to play it. And it will probably be around for like... five years. I'll still be on it in five years if they don't release another PC edition. Also, let's not forget that we can now actually customize our games which is amazing. I can't wait to modify the breasts to only take up 15% of her torso haha. But this is not about the mods. I'm just really excited about this. I can't wait to get it. It will definitely tie us over until DOA6 or something.

Xhominid The Demon Within

That'd be possible...if I had a job...which I don't.

chocogerman777

Here's a video of Ryse running on FOUR-year-old mid-range hardware that probably didn't even cost more than $600 back then.
Nowadays you could get a rig like that for $300 or less.
The whole "you gotta upgrade your PC every year" is just some misinformation spread by console fanboys.
PC is also backward compatible and capable of emulation if you ever have the itch to play your old PS1,2,DC,GC,Wii games.

I don't know why anyone would think that releasing on PC is bad idea nowadays.
If it truly was a bad idea then you're basically saying that all the publishers/developers who release games on PC are stupid.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/11/12/va...ll-expectations-to-reach-number-one-on-steam/
A japanese RPG that wasn't even very popular on PS3 became a top-seller on PC. Who would have thought?..

Even Arc System Works took notice when old-as-hell Blazblue:Calamity Trigger became a top-seller on Steam.
https://twitter.com/arcsystemworksu/status/434839551581102080
Looks like they're planning to bring even more of their stuff to PC.
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/533433409667076097

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't really believe in a PC version yet, I would also probably not buy one (I never was a PC gamer), but I wondered, if my Vaio laptop could handle any of these modern games... Can someone, who has knowledge about this tell me?

System stats:
Intel Core i5, 2.50GHz, 8,00GB Ram, 64 bit system, Windows 8

Baal bal

I don't really believe in a PC version yet, I would also probably not buy one
Come-on Tyaren ! I'm surprised you don't go all hype in thinking you can finally get a very high rez eliot to play with hehe. All those low rez meshes in his neck that will suddenly evolve into HD... Don't that make you at least a bit enthusiastic ? ^^

chocogerman777

but I wondered, if my Vaio laptop could handle any of these modern games... Can someone, who has knowledge about this tell me?

System stats:
What model is it? Does it have an Nvidia or AMD GPU?

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Come-on Tyaren ! I'm surprised you don't go all hype in thinking you can finally get a very high rez eliot to play with hehe. All those low rez meshes in his neck that will suddenly evolve into HD... Don't that make you at least a bit enthusiastic ? ^^

Well, I still don't know, if it would run on my laptop. My PC is already too old for that, I guess. So no hype there yet. XD

What model is it? Does it have an Nvidia or AMD GPU?
It's a Sony Vaio SV E1512W1EB
It has AMD Radeon HD, 1GB.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Well, I still don't know, if it would run on my laptop. My PC is already too old for that, I guess. So no hype there yet. XD

It's a Sony Vaio SV E1512W1EB
It has AMD Radeon HD, 1GB.
It should run on it, but are there any numbers on your GPU? Like mine is Radeon HD 6670, which can run games pretty good.

I just need a new processor, cuz I've got an AMD A6 processor, and it is slowing me down. Getting an A10 tomorrow.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It should run on it, but are there any numbers on your GPU? Like mine is Radeon HD 6670, which can run games pretty good.

I just need a new processor, cuz I've got an AMD A6 processor, and it is slowing me down. Getting an A10 tomorrow.

System stats:
Intel Core i5, 2.50GHz, 8,00GB Ram, 64 bit system, Windows 8, Radeon HD 7650M

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't really believe in a PC version yet, I would also probably not buy one (I never was a PC gamer), but I wondered, if my Vaio laptop could handle any of these modern games... Can someone, who has knowledge about this tell me?

System stats:

I'd expect it should be able to at least crank most "modern games" at the low to mid spec. Depends on the game though, and that's running them at 1280x720 full screen.

However, as a laptop I would say it's probably going to get really hot while running at the top of its personal performance. So be sure to get a cooling fan stand or something though I don't think it would work.

Personally speaking, PC gaming shouldn't be done on a laptop in my opinion (hence the "Personally speaking, " at the front of this sentence).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'd expect it should be able to at least crank most "modern games" at the low to mid spec. Depends on the game though, and that's running them at 1280x720 full screen.

However, as a laptop I would say it's probably going to get really hot while running at the top of its personal performance. So be sure to get a cooling fan stand or something though I don't think it would work.

Personally speaking, PC gaming shouldn't be done on a laptop in my opinion (hence the "Personally speaking, " at the front of this sentence).

Thanks for the answer! :) Okay, I guess, I'll stick with the PS4. I do have three months to save a little more money for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD