Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What does the shark ninpo do?
Well it does a small bit of damage when you summon him but it covers your weapon in Water, which Nue is weak to, and blends your Ki and Health together to one bar. You can't die while it's active and as long as you don't get hit it stays up for a while (obviously). You have to use different elements for different bosses unless you want to play the long game of hit and retreat all day.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
finally managed to beat the first boss. took all my health, both yokai talismans, and my fire dog but oh man did that feel good summoning after all that time.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
finally managed to beat the first boss. took all my health, both yokai talismans, and my fire dog but oh man did that feel good summoning after all that time.
The game grows on you the more it clicks. When I finally saw the second level and all of its dark, rainy awesomeness (and much higher difficulty, though you'll also have much better equipment) I was pretty much in love with the game. I have feedback that I'm passing along but there is a really solid framework here. I do think it needs some form of reference. Tutorials would be nice but don't really fit this style of game. You learn by trying and failing.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
The game grows on you the more it clicks. When I finally saw the second level and all of its dark, rainy awesomeness (and much higher difficulty, though you'll also have much better equipment) I was pretty much in love with the game. I have feedback that I'm passing along but there is a really solid framework here. I do think it needs some form of reference. Tutorials would be nice but don't really fit this style of game. You learn by trying and failing.

yeah that area blew me away though it kinda sucks the first thing that came to my mind was "yo Ninja Gaiden 4 is going to look awesome as hell"

i just can't get very excited for this game in its current state. im just so tired of Souls style anything let alone seeing my favorite developer who makes a new IP once in a blue moon and look its a souls game.

if this actually has a story with characters then i can get happy cause it would be the first time since DOA5 vanilla they made someone without fanservice in mind and that alone will be interesting to see.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
After playing Level 2 the game becomes a lot easier haha. All them mini bosses and orcs.

Yeah when you farm for the equips and killing the boss on that level, you can do a stamina run on that boss and can take Nue's health completely in one go with Sloth or with a visitor.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It helps that killing Nue gives you Raikiri, which I'm guessing is the ultimate weapon for the Alpha. Haven't found anything better just murdering things and looking for better drops.

Anyone find any other special Revenants besides Shibusawa-san, Kasumi, and Raidou? Tetsuo the Sloth counts as one I guess but he doesn't seem to link outside the game like the other three.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
It helps that killing Nue gives you Raikiri, which I'm guessing is the ultimate weapon for the Alpha. Haven't found anything better just murdering things and looking for better drops.

Anyone find any other special Revenants besides Shibusawa-san, Kasumi, and Raidou? Tetsuo the Sloth counts as one I guess but he doesn't seem to link outside the game like the other three.

whoa, there is a Kasumi revenant?? Where is she located?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
whoa, there is a Kasumi revenant?? Where is she located?
She's on top of the bigger building near where you get the East Gate Key in the second level. You need to kill a non-respawning Yokai and then climb up a tree. There's an item up there, a chest with the rarer thrown explosive, a ninja that ambushes you, and you can jump off of that roof onto one below for another item (a one of a kind Spear I think). Don't get too excited, though. Unlike the Raidou one this one doesn't look anything like her. It's a dude, actually, but it only uses low stance and strikes quickly. I think it's like ninken_KASUMI in-game. I replayed the level to confirm it wasn't just a player sword mound.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I didn't know there was a Kasumi one either. I did see Raidou and Kou, though I haven't been really paying attention to the revenants because I always assumed it was a dead player soul in the ground. The one I always see to notice was the player "I_DIED_HERE".

Speaking of the game, isn't it rather odd to see a William portrait to appear when selecting a mission? I take it there will be more usable characters? doubtful maybe.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Just killed that one. Thought it was a player. I found a couple in the first level but they are just names. Something the Something, I forget what they were called but the one I can think of is right at the ambush point with the first miniboss in the first level.

Still failing at killing Nue though... discovered you can keep him in Phase One by not attacking him when his Stamina is depleted.

NinjaRayMan

Finally found a Ninja gaiden revenant! It was in the first stage by the third shrine right before you fight the second yokai in the burning village. Sword marker is named samurai_gaiden(name is in red,) You fight a samurai in a ninja mask. Unfortunately, he does not drop the dragon sword.
On my second playthrough, don't know if that makes a difference of it showing up or not.

And there is a revenant named (in red) IreneisMyHero up on one of the lookouts, right before you go through the fence to go to the ship/first boss. Not a female though

Last edited:

NinjaRayMan

As far as katana's go, besides Raikiri, the best rare one I have found is the Osafune Kanemitsu. Has a higher attack at 263, +14% yokai close combat damage, +19 earth buff and a -17% low attack ki usage. Causes some kind of extra purple damage too

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
As far as katana's go, besides Raikiri, the best rare one I have found is the Osafune Kanemitsu. Has a higher attack at 263, +14% yokai close combat damage, +19 earth buff and a -17% low attack ki usage. Causes some kind of extra purple damage too

purple represents earth this game, for some reason

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Use the edit function. Don't double post.

The Raikiri is the best weapon in the game but because of scaling you can level yourself up and make some of the loot drop ones stronger just by existing. I don't think the areas in the Alpha are really meant for players over level 30 or so, so you can get some pretty dumb drops for the level of difficulty on subsequent runs.

Just killed that one. Thought it was a player. I found a couple in the first level but they are just names. Something the Something, I forget what they were called but the one I can think of is right at the ambush point with the first miniboss in the first level.

Still failing at killing Nue though... discovered you can keep him in Phase One by not attacking him when his Stamina is depleted.

Nue actually doesn't have a second phase, really. Not in the same way as the first boss. Still attacks in much the same way. Prepare some Water Talismans or just turn on easy mode with the shark Living Weapon and mash normal attack until it dies.

On an unrelated, but cool, note, you can really fuck up an enemy if you stack status effects on them. I stacked fire and lightning on a Stone Sentinel towards the end of the second level and he got a purple aura and got an almost yin yang-like status symbol above his life bar. I think it only happens when you put more than one effect on an enemy. Going to experiment with this later.

NeverGiveUp

Man the chase down is real in this game. I tried to haul ass earlier when i was fighting 3 on 1 then a few seconds later they were right up on me then killed me lol

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This is the coop visitor build from someone else where you can kill Nue in a single swoop. Did not make this.

Also someone posted the stats on Twitch comments from another video with Nue's weakness:

Vs. Break = (0%)
Vs. Fire = (0%)
Vs. Water = (0%)
Vs. Wind = (+10%)
Vs. Lightning = (+30%)
Vs. Earth = (-20%)
Vs. Poison = (+10%)
Vs. Paralysis = (+80%)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD