Nioh General Discussion

DyByHands

Yo, that trailer looks killer. When you grab the enemies blade with your bare hands,.. and then kill the dude with it... OT for the win! :eek:...:cool:

I am all in for this demo.

Kensei25

Super hyped for this! Was not expecting a demo so soon!

They are calling it an "Alpha" demo but I have to think that it is likely a near Beta version. I can't see Team Ninja putting something out to the public that would be overly rough.... Hoping this points to maybe a late summer release!

UpSideDownGRUNT

Super hyped for this! Was not expecting a demo so soon!

They are calling it an "Alpha" demo but I have to think that it is likely a near Beta version. I can't see Team Ninja putting something out to the public that would be overly rough.... Hoping this points to maybe a late summer release!
It depends, DOA5 had an alpha demo in March 2012 and was released the following September

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They often call even as good as finished versions of games an alpha or pre-beta to not have to deal with people complaining about every stupid little thing. The game might even be finished already with just some minor tweaking after player reactions left...or it is really just an alpha. XD

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm considering it a race, mostly against myself, to finish the demo as quickly as possible. I have to allow myself a little room since I have a full-time job but I'm excited to crush it. There's no way it can be hard enough to pose a real challenge to me but I'm excited to learn the new combat system. I want to see how much the stances matter or if they're really just moveset modifiers.

Kensei25

I am hoping they implement some degree of dismemberment in the combat. Anyone seen footage to confirm? It is kind of hard to tell at this point. Does not have to be Ninja Gaiden levels of gore, but some dismemberment really adds to the visceral quality of gameplay.

EDIT: YES!!! Team Ninja confirms there will be dismemberment in the Western version of the game! See in the comments section here:

Alucard33626 days ago
Dismemberment please!

Team NINJA Studio
21 hours ago
+Alucard3362 it will have it for the west.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
thats an odd way to phrase that. it either means it'll be censored in Japan or they're not going to censor it for the west which may not imply it will have anymore gore, but rather just assuring the decapitations will get to the west.

ShinobiGuy

Read that the demo is out already in the EU store and coming tomorrow (or later today I guess) in the US store. Of course the EU store is undergoing maintenance right now, so I can't check it. Looking forwards to trying it out and going for that exclusive DLC.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Completely forgot about that! :D Great, will download later. :)

Edit:
Or not. You need PS+ to access the demo (in EU?), which I haven't at the moment. :/

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So I had time to play it for 2 hours

You have 3 + 1? stance
High
Mid
Low
Seath? Just puts your sword away lol

I like to call them that.

High - Very damaging,takes a ton of stamina and is slow
Mid - Normal speed, normal damage, normal stamina depletion
Low - fast, low damage, low stamina depletion

If you run out of stamina, you are vulnerable for a few seconds.

Enemies have a stamina meter as well

There is a skill tree for move unlocks

You die in 1-3 hits

You lose all stamina depending on the type of attack you block. A Heavy attack block drains all your stamina

Dodging/dashing requires stamina

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, this game is visually unappealing! O: Art direction, modelling, texturing, lighting, animation, image quality. Each of these look pretty poor. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are absolute beauties in comparison.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD