Nioh General Discussion

Xhominid The Demon Within

I messed around with the Odachi and it will most likely be my new main weapon...

The damn thing is literally too good if you space correctly and know the Yokai's positioning before attacking and quite a few of it's techniques is versatile as hell.
The only weakness I would say is if you are fighting speedy enemies, but that's what Dual Katanas are mainly for.

I believe I'm in the fourth region now after fighting the Ogress in the actual game(got curbstomped the first time due to getting thrown into the first few seconds followed by failing a dodge through her mega jump because I screwed up and had tried to dodge at Mid Stance(didn't work out so well).

I'm not sure how much Glory I racked up so I'll check the Teahouse but the main female units I'll grab is Okatsu and Fuku(I heard Ginchiyo has a skin available but I'm not sure if that's true but if it is, she'll be above Fuku in the next one I get).

I honestly forgot how much fun this game is after almost a month hiatus due to other games taking priority.

just_me

Standard Donor
Finally got the Great Halberd of Hihiragi Smithing Text… seems it only drops in the new Twilight Mission. Hours wasted farming Shigezane… and I don't even use Spears XD

Anyway I think those are all Smithing Texts from the DLC:
Sets
He Who Never Retreats

• Usami Nagamitsu(Date Shigezane in “Yokai Country”/“A Cursed Doppelganger”)
  • Unrivalled Warrior’s Armor(Date Shigezane in “Yokai Country”/“A Cursed Doppelganger”)
True Date Family Loyalist
  • Tatewari Axe(Katakura Shigenaga in “The One-Eyed Dragon’s Castle”)
  • Kojuro’s Armor(Katakura Shigenaga in “The One-Eyed Dragon’s Castle”)
One-Eyed Dragon’s Ambition
  • Shokudaikiri Mitsutada & Shinogito Shiro(Date Masamune in “The One-Eyed Dragon’s Castle”)
  • One-Eyed Dragon’s Armor(Date Masamune in “The One-Eyed Dragon’s Castle”)
Exemplary Eye for Elegance
  • Daihannya Magamitsu & Kannagiri (from Dual Sword Revenant in “Bovine Demon”)
  • Swallowtail Armor (complete “Hands of the Dragon” on Way of the Demon)
Weapons
  • Sujingiri Kanemitsu (clear “Wandering Child” on Way of the Demon)
  • Kamui (from Odachi Revenant in “Disturbances in the North”)
  • Great Halberd of Hihiragi (from Date Shigezane in “The Murky Demon Realm” Twilight Mission)
  • Narakumi(from Kusa-Revenant in “A Gilded Deception” - only spawns Way of the Strong/Demon)
Kawari-Kabuto
  • Red Kappa Kabuto (clear first 6 regions on Way the Demon)
  • Ai-ji Maedate Kabuto (clear “Wandering Child” on Way of the Demon)
they also added a few Odachi and new Tools (Whetstone, Nikawa Glue and Himorogi Branch)

For some reason completion is capped at 90%… got a few texts since I reached 90 and nothing changed.

EDIT: corrected auto-correct

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I've been curious with the weapon traits that has stars on them. I've looked around Reddit posts and other sites but I haven't seen a rough explanation about them (or I could of overlooked or scrambled sites with point searching), but what does the star actually mean? I've seen it with traits such as Soul Matching reduction costs, but I've seen it on others such as Change to Attack Stamina or even status effects such as Paralysis, Poison etc.

Is it random drops only for more than just soul matching reduction? do you have to get lucky on the forging? can it be transferred like the fixed locked traits?

just_me

Standard Donor
Apparently stats with the star icon can only appear on item generation (drop, or forge) and you cannot get them through reforging. As far as I know no one found an inheritable star stat so far, so I think it's not possible.

The stats can exceed the normal cap for the roll (e.g. CTA({stat}) AA instead of A+, +500 life on a chest, +35 Attack & Defense(using {Weapon|Spirit} instead of 17(?)), or are totally unique (all the CCD({Skill} and reduce Soul Match cost)

The only outlier is the Odachi with the fixed Poison stat… since you could roll Poison in the same range… I think…

I have a bunch but usually on the wrong pieces, like that Spear with 24% Sign of the Cross Damage.

With that TN basically made it impossible to have a “perfect” piece of gear… well if you want more than one stat that could have a star version.
I'm actually surprised that they didn't turn the CCD 20% into on of those XD

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm going to bump this question.

Does anyone know what the "Destroyer of Demons" trophy requires?

Do I have to complete all story missions, all of the DLC region's missions, all normal missions, or all missions + side quests + twilight missions?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm going to bump this question.

I recently finished all the story missions+DLC story mission only on Way of the Demon but I am missing sidequests and didn't get the trophy. Assuming it has to be all sidequests too from the looks of it.

The downloaded free update missions might be optional but I can't say for sure since I haven't done them all either on Way of the Demon.

just_me

Standard Donor
If anyone wants to know, if it's worth grinding for starred CTA A rolls on weapons, here is the difference between a rollable CTA(Dex) A+ and CTA(Dex) AA- at 99 Dexterity (I respecced for this)
Nioh_20170513011403.png

6 Attack Points at Level 200…
Some stats increase a bit with higher (+x)-Level, so the difference might grow slightly. Weapon base dmg will increase a lot more though, making those additional attack points even less important.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If anyone wants to know, if it's worth grinding for starred CTA A rolls on weapons, here is the difference between a rollable CTA(Dex) A+ and CTA(Dex) AA- at 99 Dexterity (I respecced for this)
View attachment 23265

6 Attack Points at Level 200…
Some stats increase a bit with higher (+x)-Level, so the difference might grow slightly. Weapon base dmg will increase a lot more though, making those additional attack points even less important.

Wait, so you can transfer traits with the stars to a fixed locked trait? I never knew that. Is it the same thing as Soul Matching? how exactly did you transfer it? if I max familiar a weapon with the locked trait and having a star under that one, won't it transfer the locked trait first over the star?

just_me

Standard Donor
I didn't transfer anything, this is from the equipment screen with 2 Odachi.
Here is the full screen
Nioh_20170513011403.png

I just happened to have a Rai Kuniyuki Odachi with ☆ CTA(Dex) A, then crafted another one and transferred a standard, rollable CTA(Dex) A-. Finally raised them both to max Familiarity to compare.

Just wanted to show that the Attack gain is insignificant and not worth the effort… unless you are obsessed with min-maxing, in that case though, the game will probably break you before you get what you want XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I didn't transfer anything, this is from the equipment screen with 2 Odachi.
Here is the full screen
View attachment 23266

I just happened to have a Rai Kuniyuki Odachi with ☆ CTA(Dex) A, then crafted another one and transferred a standard, rollable CTA(Dex) A-. Finally raised them both to max Familiarity to compare.

Just wanted to show that the Attack gain is insignificant and not worth the effort… unless you are obsessed with min-maxing, in that case though, the game will probably break you before you get what you want XD

Ah whoops, apologies. I thought that was the soul matching screen due to the cut out image ahaha. Oh nah not to worried about it, was really curious. Unsure if I'll actually even get those since the game isn't really demanding to get specific stats to improve runs. If not no biggie lol.

Sotherius

I really wish the game didn't have so many modifiers and all that diablo loot stuff...

I would be happier with the way weapons work in dark souls/bloodborne to be honest, if we're going for rpg i mean.

just_me

Standard Donor
Seems I was right about about revenant sharing in Way of the Strong, gear is not randomized though there are 2 caveats:
  • your grave won't show up in Way of the Strong if you have ANY gear from WotD equipped (basically anything Lvl 161 and above), which makes sense
  • gear acquired pre patch won't have the right rolls, they are not random, but not correct either (probably an issue with old fingerprints an new fingerprint parsing to account for new stats)
Revenants are capped at Lvl 230, but that's not all that important… I guess the community can move on an complain about something else now :p

Also here's a comparison between no bonus scaling B-,A+ and AA- scaling (at 99 in the respective attribute)
  • B- adds 101 attack
  • A+ adds 138
  • AA- adds 144
4od0gZ0.jpg

so having a CTA stat (for one of your primary attributes) is not a bad idea, but going for the highest modifier is not really necessary imo

ShinobiGuy

Google translate of the top section

【Adjustment】

◆ Implement countermeasures against fraudulent acts in conflicts and power warfare

◆ Reduced the lottery probability of special effect "Damage given to ○○ (specific enemy type)"

◆ Benefit of title can be skipped

◆ Fixed so that the title of the militant 'Unbelievable Destiny' can be acquired even if equipped with accessories

◆ Supplementary explanation added to acquisition condition of part of the title of the fighter

◆ Adjust coordination coordinates of "Kappa" in the Tohoku Hen mission "Castle of a monster dragon"

Sotherius

Question, let's say a weapon, Raikiri, you get it in one mission in the game, but also, you can forge later, is there a way for me to get an end game version of that weapon? like a divine variant or something? The other question is, how do i make weapons and equipment go +1 and so on...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD