DOA5LR PC Minimum Specs and Other Info Released

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round page has gone live on Steam. You can actually save 10% off the final cost by pre-ordering your digital copy at this time. Some other information was released if you read the page over.

Additionally, at this time, it looks like the game only has the attribute of Single Player. I am not sure if this is due to the site just going live or not, but my money is on that. I cannot honestly expect they'd release it for PC for only a single player experience. Also, there's a note on the page saying, "Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release." which as written gives the impression it will be offline only. It should also be noted that in a previous interview, Team NINJA mentioned support for the game (no specific platform specified) will be done post-release including the potential for new online modes.

There is also a pre-purchase reward system on Steam. You can get 10% off the purchase price and the NINJA 2015 Kasumi outfit if you pre-purchase the game. If enough people pre-purchase the game then free Costume DLC will be given to those who pre-purchase:
  • First level reward is the new Ninja 2015 outfits for Hayabusa, Hayate, and Ayane
  • Second level reward is the new Aloha costumes for Kasumi, Hitomi, Ayane and Mila
  • Third level reward is the nwe Beach Party costumes for Momiji, Rachel, Leifang and Kokoro
Lastly, I have created a Steam Group for those players who are interested

System Requirements
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Additional Notes: Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release.

Last edited:
I hope it does well on PC, it might not seem like a big deal to people use to the console version but hopefully it boosts DoA and 3d fighters in general.

Some things to consider:
-Current gen console hardware is actually pretty weak, it wouldn't be surprising if cheap computers can soon run this game at 4k 60fps and have almost no loading screens due to SSDs. This generation of consoles started at a lower price but at the expense of having high end hardware like previous consoles did.

-Both MS and Sony screwed over consumers and KT numerous times with DoA5U, MS wouldn't let them do F2P on the 360 while Sony screwed up the release of almost single DLC for anyone outside of USA and JPN regions.

-XBL/PSN paywall likely reduces potential audience, who wants to pay MS and Sony a yearly fee to do basically nothing and run a very underwhelming p2p based network. Now not only will they slash your potential userbase with a paywall but they give away free games? Can't be very appealing if you're in the business of making games. With these multiplayer paywalls everyone besides MS and Sony lose.

- Consoles support is dismal outside of the USA and Japan, you should see the trainwreck that is the Australian PS4 PSN store. Then you have PS4s priced at $2000 USD in developing countries, MS dividing regions into tiers for launches and digital distribution is an unending nightmare of mismanaged individual stores for every single country. Using consoles outside of the USA and Japan is pretty much endless suffering these days.

-Multiplayer userbase appears to be much larger and more consistent on PC especially with less mainstream games, huge franchises like CoD do well for console multiplayer but everything else seems to rapidly die off on consoles at least from my casual observation. I'll see some console games that sell millions of copies but can't maintain enough players for multi 2 months after launch meanwhile often some obscure PC game I bought still has thousands of players 12 months after launch. Then you have things like DoTA, look at the concurrent online users that sits at, it's at something like 400k users online at all times. Even they could capture 1% of that audience that's 4000 people to play with online at any time you are bored and want a game.

Hey since a lot of people are posting about pc specs, if you are looking to upgrade im selling my gtx 670 ftw edition for only $120! msg me if interested

I'm surprised at how relatively low the specs for the PC version of the game actually are (In fairness here Witcher 2 tends to be my bench test for most PC based games). I'm more interested in how the online aspect will be on the Steam version. Already crossing fingers & hoping it's not a mess.

Corrected the original news to properly define the reward system. I mistakenly thought the Kasumi outfit was the first reward unlock, but you get the Kasumi NINJA outfit for just pre-ordering the game.

By the way, looks like the first reward has been unlocked so pre-ordering the game gives you all of the NINJA 2015 costumes for free.

Wouldn't the Steam Workshop just throw the want for costume DLC out the window?
Pretty certain that if they're delaying that long to patch in multi, it's because they're expecting losses due to PC piracy and want to integrate fully with Steam VAC to ensure that it's too much bother to rip it off. In which case Steam Workshop is out of the window, and mods of any kind will just lead to a VAC ban.

I want it in 4K with better IQ, don't get me wrong, but the lack of save transfer, the lack of DLC transfer... Ugh. All those juggle challenges all over again, too, lol.

Curious to know whether it will have native DS4 support out of the box, or whether we'll have to continue using a layer app to get them to work. Really can't be doing with yet another game that has 360 icons when I'm using a Sony controller, and I'm worried modding is going to be a no-no with Steam's anti-cheat stuff...

Curious to know whether it will have native DS4 support out of the box, or whether we'll have to continue using a layer app to get them to work. Really can't be doing with yet another game that has 360 icons when I'm using a Sony controller

DS4 support is highly doubtful, cause I think it's just a general consensus that for any controller support, it would use the Xbox controller scheme, since there are native drivers.

DS4 support is highly doubtful, cause I think it's just a general consensus that for any controller support, it would use the Xbox controller scheme, since there are native drivers.
There are native drivers for the DS4 - PC FFXIV utilizes them, for example - they're just not being broadly supported yet. It doesn't use the same api as the default 360 controller, so game developers need to account for that in their input code. Software like DS4Windows etc are little more than converters, rather than full drivers.

My understanding, at least.

Something else that comes to mind with a PS4 vs. PC purchase... I picked up PS4 Warriors Orochi 3U a while back, and the sound is muted in Shared videos. Something to do with VA payments, I believe.

Wonder if the PS4/bone versions will be the same? If that's the case, I'd be further tempted towards a PC DoA5:LR purchase, given they won't be able to mute the sound when recording with ShadowPlay...

Where are my programmers at? Need a program that can open a steam game within it and will allow for both 1P and 2P (in Versus or Arcade) to controlled remotely via IP. And I need it by 2/17 :-D. #Kappa

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD