Some More DLC pics

Female Tengu

Yes, they're higher quality texture wise because they're entirely new textures.The joke is entirely on you and your bitching.

No, it's not rude. Nostalgia sells. They're not obligated to make every costume "NEW" since they're in the game for free.

Some of them look worse than others actually. Compare Hitomis waitress outfit to Kasumis original new black cat-ninja-suit thing and tell me which costume has the better and more detailed textures. No jokes.

They're not free...you do know that you have to pay for the "new" outfits(?)

DR2K

Some of them look worse than others. Compare Hitomis waitress outfit to Kasumis oroginal new black cat-ninja-suit thing and tell me which costume has the better and more detailed textures. No jokes.

They're not free...

Some costumes are more detailed because they require more detail. Not becuse the textures are lower res. Lisa's new gold suit has more detail than the Kasumi costume you listed for example.

Female Tengu

True, but the see-trough effect (sweat, water) is also a reason for that. Still I'm sure it could look better in some cases. Kasumis outfit on the other side clearly uses more polys.

Not complaining about the graphics now, don't get me wrong (I know the backgrounds for it). Just saying that some textures aren't really awesome quality and look "lol" compared to other outfits.

Stikku

If they were neglecting to really give any content over time (like, say, with a MMO) when they promised content over time, that'd be one thing. This... isn't that.

This is actually that. It's been 7 years. People are still judging this game based on the content it didn't ship with; content it was expected to have; content that would show it's actually trying to do more than simply just give Fighters a game to play, but also a game that is esteemed and has new concepts that would have benefited fans, or drawn attention away from DOA's competitors.

Relatively, It's not like the DLC for NG3 actually made the game fantastic. It's only now that the game is being almost entirely redone with additional features and a plethora of returning concepts that launched Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 into success, that it's actually gaining favorable public opinion. If anything, the best thing that can happen with DOA5 is the same thing that's being done with NG3: almost entirely redesigning it.

CrimsonCJ

This is actually that. It's been 7 years. People are still judging this game based on the content it didn't ship with; content it was expected to have; content that would show it's actually trying to do more than simply just give Fighters a game to play, but also a game that is esteemed and has new concepts that would have benefited fans, or drawn attention away from DOA's competitors.

Relatively, It's not like the DLC for NG3 actually made the game fantastic. It's only now that the game is being almost entirely redone with additional features and a plethora of returning concepts that launched Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 into success, that it's actually gaining favorable public opinion. If anything, the best thing that can happen with DOA5 is the same thing that's being done with NG3: almost entirely redesigning it.

I haven't played NG3, but my understanding was is that game was actually a significant step backwards for the franchise in terms of major design elements. DOA5 looks like a sequel in the DOA franchise; notable alterations mechanically but nothing overpowering, a couple different characters and entirely new stages, the vaguest pretense of an actual narrative, perversion of decent taste, online combat and a training mode.

I mean, we could argue the details of that. But that's really about what was ordered and what we got. The nature of costume packs or the DLC in general really is such a side option that in no way should its particulars have been an important given. It shouldn't be elevated to that status.

It's not for me, but this entirely fits in with the expected bargain. And while I don't love the price and find it personally a bit cost prohibitive, it's not otherwordly either, and even if it was then I really didn't lose anything significant.

Gill Hustle

DLC 2 in motion in case someone is interested:

Your avatar is AWESOME.

That pack looks pretty meh, Christie is the only one that looks good in a Cat Suit imo, I'll probably get that one later.

After the free pack had such good choices, I find it funny they're charging people for this set :confused:

Stikku

I haven't played NG3, but my understanding was is that game was actually a significant step backwards for the franchise in terms of major design elements. DOA5 looks like a sequel in the DOA franchise; notable alterations mechanically but nothing overpowering, a couple different characters and entirely new stages, the vaguest pretense of an actual narrative, perversion of decent taste, online combat and a training mode.

I mean, we could argue the details of that. But that's really about what was ordered and what we got. The nature of costume packs or the DLC in general really is such a side option that in no way should its particulars have been an important given. It shouldn't be elevated to that status.

It's not for me, but this entirely fits in with the expected bargain. And while I don't love the price and find it personally a bit cost prohibitive, it's not otherwordly either, and even if it was then I really didn't lose anything significant.
Well i guess i'll argue with a vapor of a breath over this.

DOA5 isn't a sequel to the DOA franchise. The story hasn't progressed any more than it had been shown in the past, There are missing characters (from previous DOA's), missing game modes (from previous DOA's), and where each previous DOA sequel or improvement received 3 new characters, this one only gives us 2. On top of that, the game plays like a sludgy Virtua Fighter game instead of a Dead or Alive game.

It is a step backwards. I mean, c'mon. If it were a step forwards, would it honestly be missing old content, failing to invent new content, and simply being what DOA5 actually is?
Unless the only step forward they could have made was right off the planks into the belly of the beast, I really doubt this can be considered in any shape or form as "progress." The only thing expressly new about DOA5 is the graphics (and even those aren't as good as Soul Calibur 4 / 5 or Virtua Fighter 5).

Gill Hustle

DOA5 isn't a sequel to the DOA franchise. The story hasn't progressed any more than it had been shown in the past, There are missing characters (from previous DOA's), missing game modes (from previous DOA's), and where each previous DOA sequel or improvement received 3 new characters, this one only gives us 2. On top of that, the game plays like a sludgy Virtua Fighter game instead of a Dead or Alive game.

It is a step backwards. I mean, c'mon. If it were a step forwards, would it honestly be missing old content, failing to invent new content, and simply being what DOA5 actually is?
Unless the only step forward they could have made was right off the planks into the belly of the beast, I really doubt this can be considered in any shape or form as "progress." The only thing expressly new about DOA5 is the graphics.

I thought this was the DLC costume thread . . .

CrimsonCJ

Unless the only step forward they could have made was right off the planks into the belly of the beast, I really doubt this can be considered in any shape or form as "progress." The only thing expressly new about DOA5 is the graphics.

Then that would be an issue for the general game itself insofar as how you would perceive the progress, or "progress" on your terms. (As I said, we could definitely argue the details). However, that pretty much was the nature of the game purchased on its terms, and what they promised. The entire premise of the game is not exactly a negotiable matter by virtue of DLC. And that's probably a good thing; when games start to introduce things like alternate endings because the player base felt they deserved a different ending, it is bad for creative vision.

But, I mean, come on. These are what they are; minimally thought out costume packs. That's more or less the realm of DLC. That they aren't a finely tuned reinvention of the game isn't relative to what we're talking about at all.

That said... catsuits are not cool.

Also, looking at the video... what the heck is that odd yellow thing Lisa is wearing? I thought it would be a dress, but no. Is this some kind of attempt to put the Big Bird meme into DOA?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Still waiting for the third pack and the bundle. I don't know why they only uploaded two of them.

The only thing expressly new about DOA5 is the graphics (and even those aren't as good as Soul Calibur 4 / 5 or Virtua Fighter 5).

What? All of those games' graphics look like trash.

Also, looking at the video... what the heck is that odd yellow thing Lisa is wearing? I thought it would be a dress, but no. Is this some kind of attempt to put the Big Bird meme into DOA?

I don't know. She had that in Dimensions too. Hated it then, hate it now.

Stikku

What? All of those games' graphics look like trash.
trails.PNG

Koor

While i was hoping for more free DLC, this was definitely expected. I actually like all the outfits, especially Lisa's gold dress. Almost makes me forget about worryin over the rare bikini.....almost :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD