Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Somehow I doubt they'll ever do an arcade version for Soulcalibur VI, considering the state of arcades in Japan. So there is a possibility that they'll just develop the game on consoles (that, and players won't have to worry about Japan/Korea getting 2+ years of play before the rest of the world).

The last time an arcade version of SC was released was SCII, right? There was SCIII: Arcade Edition, but that came after SCIII came out. Since then, there hasn't been any arcade SCs, and if one for SCVI came out then it would come afterwards I'd imagine like DOA5. Which is good, I don't want to wait three whole years after it comes out for arcades just to play it at home.

Since an earlier arcade exclusive release would also at least cost them another year before bringing the game to console, I really hope they are clever enough to not do that now.
It's a shame to see 3D fighting games in this state this generation (while 2D fighters are flourishing). This generation might very well end in two years and there is still just Tekken 7, Virtua Fighter is as good as dead and SC and DOA don't get their act together. That all was actually foreseeable a couple of years ago already.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The last time an arcade version of SC was released was SCII, right? There was SCIII: Arcade Edition, but that came after SCIII came out. Since then, there hasn't been any arcade SCs, and if one for SCVI came out then it would come afterwards I'd imagine like DOA5. Which is good, I don't want to wait three whole years after it comes out for arcades just to play it at home.
I think that's probably why they've taken so long, if Namco doesn't put games in arcades for balance testing and stuff it would result in mistakes like SC3 and Sc4, the home versions had broken characters and stuff they didn't fix and in SC5 it's debatable. They probably want to make it as balanced and perfect as possible

Nyte

Well in any case, let's hope we're finally getting close to SCVI. When it's announced, will we all lose our minds?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Surprise turn of events:
Soul Calibur 6 is Switch exclusive.

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

@Jadeinchains

KwonJigglypuff

So what kind of characters would you like to see in this potential-not-confirmed SC6 ?

I'd like some lady fighting with her hair, perhaps with small knives attached to it. The choregraphies could be amazing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well in any case, let's hope we're finally getting close to SCVI. When it's announced, will we all lose our minds?
I will XD
So what kind of characters would you like to see in this potential-not-confirmed SC6 ?

I'd like some lady fighting with her hair, perhaps with small knives attached to it. The choregraphies could be amazing.
I want the fan and sickle disciplines back from SC3, all the old disciplines I want basically tho since they were all unique

Nyte

Anyways, here are characters I've wanted to see in SCVI (copying this from 8WR):

- A swashbuckling pirate type character. His style would be Ezio's assassin style applied to him, like what they did with Kratos to Aeon. It would actually fit him perfectly. For his story, I see him being a captain of a ship that was attacked by Cervantes. All of his crewmates were killed and he was left stranded at sea. He barely survived before being rescued. After getting back into fighting shape, he sets out to get revenge on Cervantes.

- A dark character that uses power from Soul Edge. I've heard the suggestion of reworking Darth Vader's style into the game, and I can see it here. Imagine a character who draws upon Soul Edge to wield dark powers that allow him things like lightning and telekinesis? He would have a two handed sword similar to Vader's, and he has his own meter for his power. They would have differentiate him enough to make sure he's not a complete clone of Vader, though.

- A bounty hunter with dual-hookswords. Imagine Kabal from MK (but without the powers) who wields two Chinese hookswords? That would be pretty cool. I would apply this style to a gruff, battle-ready bounty hunter who would be on the search for Soul Edge in the name of money.

- A witch. This is more on the "fantasy" side than "historical". After Z.W.E.I. and Viola, I would add a witch to the game. She would use a magic staff as both a blunt-force weapon, and to use spells on her opponent. She would be more of a ranged fighter than a close combatant.

- A ninja with an updated version of the Kunai + Shuriken style from SCIII. In general, SCIII styles from CAS could be expanded upon, but this is the one I'd like to see the most. This could easily be used on a Fu-Ma Ninja, maybe someone not who wasn't trained by Taki. Someone more bearable than Natsu, that's for sure. Imagine a stoic, yet inexperienced young ninja using this style? It would work well.

- A dual-style character, similar to this. After seeing Ferra/Torr from MKX, I would love to see a "big guy, little guy" double character design. The little guy would be on his back, there to deliver attacks, while the big guy does the bulk of the fighting.

Jadeinchains

There's also Sindel from Mortal Kombat who's been using her hair to fight for a long time now so It really wouldn't be a legal issue to have a character who uses her hair in SC6.

Surprise turn of events:
Soul Calibur 6 is Switch exclusive.

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

@Jadeinchains

>:D

I'm not really sure yet since It's still so early what type of character I'd want to see in the game or stage etc. I would like to see the characters I liked before SC5 return though like Setsuka and Cassandra.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want someone younger on the male side like Amy to replace Xiba if he doesn't return, but I can't say any new styles I want to see. Hair I'm not sure about, SC is more weapon based and it would be a bit complex to render hair in a manner like that XD unless it's hair on blades like murasaki from SK

Jadeinchains

Oh I just thought of something I'd like to see weapon wise!! :D

The morning Star! I love that, So someone using that would be amazing Gogo Yubari style.

tumblr_mgr6ocIXjt1r5r8duo8_r1_250.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just for the sake of it all and elimination of some rumors, but Namco already renewed the SC IP recently no? so a SC game could be possible at this very year with scans or an announcement.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want them to bring back the special styles from SC5, they used Devil Jin so I hope they use Lili's style ♡.♡

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Send me the link please, just so I can get even more excited.

Isn't it already renewed this year? It was mentioned off Aris stream during his game collection shit he was doing, but you can ask him since he mentioned that it was renewed. I don't follow so I wouldn't know, but it is possible they made renewals since Namco is bringing back games from the dead:

https://twitter.com/AvoidThePuddle

I want them to bring back the special styles from SC5, they used Devil Jin so I hope they use Lili's style ♡.♡

Isn't it going to be banned in tournaments?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Isn't it already renewed this year? It was mentioned off Aris stream during his game collection shit he was doing, but you can ask him since he mentioned that it was renewed. I don't follow so I wouldn't know, but it is possible they made renewals since Namco is bringing back games from the dead:

https://twitter.com/AvoidThePuddle

Isn't it going to be banned in tournaments?
No, they found out a formula for a create a soul to make them legal XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD