Soul Calibur Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Guys, Maxi is more than likely not gay (not saying he is or isn't, but there's no confirmation of that) lol. It was a big fling started by small outside sources, but at this point, it's just a big rumor & people are literally running with it. Do some research & get the facts 1st before you just up & assume something lol. Until Namco confirms it, he's not.
Does it change a thing though? I mean does it really matter if he is gay?
I would like it if he was gay since there aren’t many LGBT characters in video games so if he was gay it would be pretty awesome. Gay guys often get depicted as overly feminine and weak. Having a strong manly man like Maxi being gay kinda breaks that stigmatism around gay men.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Does it matter though? There aren’t many LGBT characters in video games so if he was gay it would be pretty awesome. Gay guys often get depicted as overly feminine and weak. Having a strong manly man like Maxi being gay kinda breaks that stereotype of gay guys being feminine.
To me no (I’m personally 100% straight), it would be a hype moment for friends who are amonst the LGBT community like Kung Jin in MKX, but you know how this forum gets with overly hyping something then it doesn’t turn out like they think it’ll be without any facts or anything making it official.

Then, people would indirectly lash out at developers for misleading information. Its happened here on numerous occasions. Then they’ll misplace their anger which would honestly not only be on the people like Comic Book, but the majority of the people here there & everywhere too for leading people on without anything factual to prove it.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
To me no (I’m personally 100% straight), it would be a hype moment for friends who are gay like Kung Jin in MKX, but you know how this forum gets with overly hyping something then it doesn’t turn out like they think it’ll be without any facts or anything making it official.

Then, people would indirectly lash out at developers for misleading information. Its happened here on numerous occasions. Then they’ll misplace their anger which would honestly not only be on the people like Comic Book, but the majority of the people here there & everywhere too for leading people on without anything factual to prove it.

It reminds me of the whole Helena and Rachel fiasco on FSD where people thought it was some sort of indication that those two characters were created for same sex/gay topic, but yet TN provided no indication whatsoever, not even their biography stating that those characters was created for same sex pride etc. I think it's a positive note for people to like to imagine things so if they imagine Maxi as a gay idol then that's pretty normal and nothing wrong with it. However when claimed as fact is when things get somewhat out of hand lol and tough to take such sources as serious until proven otherwise by the developers so I see what you mean, though topics like these shouldn't be taken serious in the first place. I consider Helena to be that fancy lady who simply knows combat and Rachel for being the woman with special powers to that of a brute, but it's also common for the opposite gender to play that role.

People thought Ein was gay simply due to attire and Rig because of a simple short connection with Jann Lee so their imagination broke barriers. Honestly couldn't blame them on Ein department because some of his attire does give people the impression that he is, but if his or Rig's bio doesn't really state that they are then yeah it's not confirmed.

If Maxi is gay, then he's gay.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It reminds me of the whole Helena and Rachel fiasco on FSD where people thought it was some sort of indication that those two characters were created for same sex/gay topic, but yet TN provided no indication whatsoever, not even their biography stating that those characters was created for same sex pride etc. I think it's a positive note for people to like to imagine things so if they imagine Maxi as a gay idol then that's pretty normal and nothing wrong with it. However when claimed as fact is when things get somewhat out of hand lol and tough to take such sources as serious until proven otherwise by the developers so I see what you mean, though topics like these shouldn't be taken serious in the first place. I consider Helena to be that fancy lady who simply knows combat and Rachel for being the woman with special powers to that of a brute, but it's also common for the opposite gender to play that role.

People thought Ein was gay simply due to attire and Rig because of a simple short connection with Jann Lee so their imagination broke barriers. Honestly couldn't blame them on Ein department because some of his attire does give people the impression that he is, but if his or Rig's bio doesn't really state that they are then yeah it's not confirmed.

If Maxi is gay, then he's gay.
Nothing is wrong with imagining things whether if it's true or not. He's one of my favorite characters in the series. Wouldn't be fair to say that since as dudes we always imagine things with girls that we like. I was just pointing that out because it's FSD. Things tend to go overboard & over people's heads here. Like the soft ban, the announcement a few months ago etc.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Nothing is wrong with imagining things whether if it's true or not. He's one of my favorite characters in the series. Wouldn't be fair to say that since as dudes we always imagine things with girls that we like. I was just pointing that out because it's FSD. Things tend to go overboard & over people's heads here. Like the soft ban, the announcement a few months ago etc.

That's very true yeah.

Brute

Standard Donor
To me no (I’m personally 100% straight), it would be a hype moment for friends who are amonst the LGBT community
What about all the people with a midget fetish, though? They've been waiting so long for a fighting game character who shares their sexual orientation that they can identify with. Being far more niche and less mainstream with a far smaller support system than the LGBT community, I think they, as a collective, deserve a hype moment far more than the plebeian gays.

If Maxi doesn't lust for a midget orgy in this game, I'm going to be severely disappointed that once again, gaming has missed an opportunity to represent the sexual diversity among gamers, which obviously they are obliged to pander to if they don't want to be slammed on my pretentious Tumblr blog.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What about all the people with a midget fetish, though? They've been waiting so long for a fighting game character who shares their sexual orientation that they can identify with. Being far more niche and less mainstream with a far smaller support system than the LGBT community, I think they, as a collective, deserve a hype moment far more than the plebeian gays.

If Maxi doesn't lust for a midget orgy in this game, I'm going to be severely disappointed that once again, gaming has missed an opportunity to represent the sexual diversity among gamers, which obviously they are obliged to pander to if they don't want to be slammed on my pretentious Tumblr blog.
What I meant was that it didn't matter to me or not if he was straight & that people who I know that are within the LGBT community would be hyped & I would be happy "for them" because that would be a big step forward in terms diversity. It happened with Kung Jin. It would mean that they'd have changed his character direction to serve as another representation.

Look at the diversity of women now in modeling mags like Sports Illustrated. I was happy to see that more women like Ashley Graham, women who are athletes with a metal leg & women who are thicker than her are getting more of a spotlight (like it should be since it represents women of all types).

Midgets would need that moment too. *shrugg*

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Son lmao.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You damn right I'm gonna let this go over my head. That's part of the fun in speculation.

Question is, who is Maxi gonna ship with? Yunseong? Hwang? That one guy from the 80s cartoon "Maxie's World"?

Jadeinchains

In before his sexuality either doesnt get brought up at all or its rounded up to a blink and you'll miss it scene of him mentioning a ship mate. anyway I'm happy he's been revealed If for nothing else than it means he's out of the way lol since I've never been a big fan of him. Now with E3 hopefully we'll get a couple character reveals at E3.

Jadeinchains

I wonder who will be unveiled this time?

from the sounds of things it might actually be a big reveal, Obviously take it with a grain of salt ( and I should too actually lol ) but who knows maybe we 'll see Tira, cassandra and another character or something at E3 get revealed as well as something else like finally seeing CAS. I hope so anyway.

Jadeinchains

x-png.49309

THIS!
This is so great too see, They are working on and making big improvements to the look of the game, Instant glow up honestly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Noooo way! o . O
They actually reworked her face...? Hopefully they put some more polygons in there while they were at it.
Redo the hands too, please.

Edit:
They also toned down the ugly depth of field blur. Are there more changes/comparisons like this?

Jadeinchains

Noooo way! o . O
They actually reworked her face...? Hopefully they put some more polygons in there while they were at it.
Redo the hands too, please.

Edit:
They also toned down the ugly depth of field blur. Are there more changes/comparisons like this?

I know it's great to see that they are reworking the faces, She looks so much better now, And yeah here's Sophitia who's also had changes.
gtpt8pt.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hmm... Sophitia's facial structure and everything else seems the exact same though. Just a slight lighting/shader change. Remember:

YMUCIoD.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD