Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm not sure if a 3D gallery would be needed since I've always just used cas to look at the characters outfits etc but who knows.

What's there to look at anyway? Low polygon models of characters and weapons that reuse assets from ten years ago? :/

I really hope the faces/bodies are just placeholders... But we are talking about Namco here, they did the exact same thing with Tekken 7. The big "graphics overhaul" of Fated Retribution was just slapping tons of ugly image post processing effects like film grain, chromatic aberration and color filters on the game.

Radiance

Why would he be gay...? I mean.. Would be hot, but why? There's no need to cater to certain players in the fan base. I like the characters as is.

Jadeinchains

What's there to look at anyway? Low polygon models of characters and weapons that reuse assets from ten years ago? :/

I really hope the faces/bodies are just placeholders... But we are talking about Namco here, they did the exact same thing with Tekken 7. The big "graphics overhaul" of Fated Retribution was just slapping tons of ugly image post processing effects like film grain, chromatic aberration and color filters on the game.

They might just be placeholders for now but I really doubt it tbh. :I We've only seen Sophitia and Mitsurugi so far though so they could be. Although if they start to show the other characters and they also are using the same model etc then I'd guess they aren't just placeholders.

If they show the other characters and they are using new models though then who knows.

Also I've been hearing that a lot about Maxi recently, Maybe it will be mentioned in 6's story. Anyway my opinion on it would be that
1. I wouldn't be surprised cause I always thought anyway.
And besides that I'd think it was nice for them to do it since Maxi has a bunch going on story and personality wise so he wouldn't be a shallow character.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering the game is out this year and 70% complete they're not place holders lol

But I gotta admit, while still aesthetically pleasing its a total downgrade from SCV and even SC4 to an extent... Like, I'm not even a graphics whore(enthusiast) and even I can tell that.

Pn33milan

There are still some facial details missing, but I think it can still get better

About Maxi, I wouldn't care.
However, there's one thing I have to say about this progressivism mania of this last period: I'm ok with it, assuming it was part of the designer's idea from the beginning.
If the Maxi's creator made the character with that idea, I wouldn't mind, but if they made it just to desperately try to be progressive and open-minded, that would annoy me a little -_-

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I read something the other day saying that Taki & Cassandra were confirmed. I'm already seeing some talking about Maxi being gay, which is shocking, but no hater here. lol. It was from Comicbook.com. Even though they're usually accurate, they also get it completely wrong at times. So if anyone has confirmation of it, please let me know.

Leifang

lolwut

About the same as I felt when Blizzard announced that Tracer was gay: Absolutely nothing.
That's good to know, the reason I ask because another friend of mine thought it was out of character. I in the other hands thought it was great. I just wanted to know if others felt like I did. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, It's been more than a month since the Game Awards reveal... I wouldn't mind the reveal of the next pair of characters. XD

Pn33milan

At this rate, I expect a huge announcement at the next main event, with a build of 8 characters or something like that

Jadeinchains

Alright, It's been more than a month since the Game Awards reveal... I wouldn't mind the reveal of the next pair of characters. XD

Apparently from what I've seen It's happening very soon. It could be next week or the week after that, It could maybe be this week If they reveal them early before EVO 2018 Jpn. We'll just have to wait and see, It has felt like a long time though, Hopefully after these reveals we will then start to get them more often.

Pn33milan

Ehm......... As long as they are the last ones announced XD

I mean, I sincerely wouldn't stand Dampierre's presence over Talim... Again -_-

v1ltt1

Ehm......... As long as they are the last ones announced XD

I mean, I sincerely wouldn't stand Dampierre's presence over Talim... Again -_-
No they need to be announced ASAP so i can start to get hyped about this game! otherwise, not so much

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dampierre and Algol were both among the least favorite characters in the official popularity poll and they didn't play important roles in SC1-3, so I very much doubt they'll be in the starting character roster.

Jadeinchains

Dampierre and Algol were both among the least favorite characters in the official popularity poll and they didn't play important roles in SC1-3, so I very much doubt they'll be in the starting character roster.

I was never a fan of Dampierre so I won't mind If he isn't in this game from launch etc. He was kinda annoying from what I saw but Idk. Algol..I wasn't a big fan of either so I don't mind him being out either.

Pn33milan

I have to say soul calibur never had impressive bosses imo.
not counting nightmare, of course ;)

Algol is probably the best one by default, but not because I particularly like it -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD