DOA5LR Steam Version Released

After an unfortunate delay, and some terrible news the PC version of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round has finally been released. You can catch up on what's going on with the PC version at the information thread. That also might be a good place to post any problems you may be experiencing if any at all.

Also don't forget that Free Step Dodge has a steam group you're welcome to join.

Last edited by a moderator:
60 fps stable? Surface Pro 2, 3? That would make me get one for sure.
Surface Pro. I didn't omit anything there, lol. You have to be careful with gaming on the newer models, though. They throttle when the fans kick in. I hear some of the lower end SP2 models don't have that 'feature' but all of the SP3 models have it.
I got an 18-ish MB update today for it, anyone have a clue what it might be? I was hoping it was controller customization, but the LT & RT buttons on the Xb1 controller still don't work for it.
No patch notes as of yet but it's rumored to be VAC.

I got an 18-ish MB update today for it, anyone have a clue what it might be? I was hoping it was controller customization, but the LT & RT buttons on the Xb1 controller still don't work for it.

The patch added in a Visual C++ 2010 download since that is required to start the game and not everyone had that installed.
They added a Q&A to the steam store page that mentions that the patch added some missing files that were necessary to start the game, SteamDB confirms this since a new depot containing a download for VC 2010 was added the day of the patch

Otherwise, meh. I can take or leave the particle effects, but I've compared the screens side by side. The scenery and models do look better on PC, and the input delay is significantly lessened.
Wait, Rikuto-san. Are you saying DOA on consoles has artificial input lag? Like in Tekken? And the PC version does not?

He's saying that the game has input lag from the console OS. It's not artificial like Tekken. Tekken's is artificial because the developers programmed in delay to the offline mode on purpose. DOA's delay is a delay in all modes because the delay is happening due to console OS CPU calculations (which Tekken and any game also has).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD