Tecmo Koei aiming to sell a million copies of DoA 5 in Sept., paid DLC confirmed

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well i dunno ... some people might see itagaki gone as a blessing ...
personally, i miss him ...
at least he stood up and chatted shit at the opposition ... which was always an awesome way of advertising ...

plus .. (ignoring DOA4 and the team ninja downfall era) ... he has a good track record for amazing quality games .. the peak of which i think is ninja gaiden/ninja gaiden black

although i loved metroid other M .. i hated everything about NG3 ...
but DOA5 is showing alot of promise ...
will it be enough to make people forget NG3 ? i dunno ...
we'll have to wait n see ...

Game Over

At the end of the day, the community wants a solid game. And having open lines of communication between developer and community helps the possibility of getting a solid game more than a developer engaging in random bits of (admittedly, entertaining) smacktalk against competing developers.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
At the end of the day, the community wants a solid game. And having open lines of communication between developer and community helps the possibility of getting a solid game more than a developer engaging in random bits of (admittedly, entertaining) smacktalk against competing developers.

why cant we have both ?
smack talk and community support ? lol
and AEROSMITH !!!
>___>

im gonna keep sayin it till i get it ..

MrMoon360

why cant we have both ?
and AEROSMITH !!!
>___>

Once DOA5 makes the mil, I would be seeking entertainment from some words of rivalry. But for know, I don't blame Shimbori/Hayashi for focusing more on feedback for now.

I actually liked the Aerosmith too.
Its seared into my nostalgic mind from that DOA2U opening.
DOAD made those cutscenes a little bland.

Even some of the original instrumentals were stripped from cutscenes, like the Ayane defeating Genra cutscene from DOA3. Why? That song was awesome with the seance in the background. It fit the mood well.

Game Over

why cant we have both ?
and AEROSMITH !!!
>___>

Both would be cool, but if it's one or the other, it is as I said.

Just keep in mind that talk is cheap, except when it distracts from what's important (making a solid game). But when a developer can put out a game that does all the smacktalk for them, anything else is just icing on the cake.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Both would be cool, but if it's one or the other, it is as I said.

Just keep in mind that talk is cheap, except when it distracts from what's important (making a solid game). But when a developer can put out a game that does all the smacktalk for them, anything else is just icing on the cake.

agreed..
and i sure wish this game the best.
i've always loved this series .. and how it played different from everything else out there ... something that doesnt seem to agree with alot of the guys here ..

on the other hand .. i also like the direction they were headed in the alpha demo .. the game is much more aggressive now ..

and the hold balance is acctually really good now IMO .. again people will disagree ... but lets not get back to that topic...

still...
having AEROSMITH would just add to the awesome of this game ... hmm wonder if the E3 demo would play to aerosmith ..:p
... that would be nuts ..

Chris Harris

agreed..
and i sure wish this game the best.
i've always loved this series .. and how it played different from everything else out there ... something that doesnt seem to agree with alot of the guys here ..

on the other hand .. i also like the direction they were headed in the alpha demo .. the game is much more aggressive now ..

and the hold balance is acctually really good now IMO .. again people will disagree ... but lets not get back to that topic...

still...
having AEROSMITH would just add to the awesome of this game ... hmm wonder if the E3 demo would play to aerosmith ..:p
... that would be nuts ..

I have played the demo a lot more and I will say the counter holds are much easier to deal with. Just need to make Hayabusa's more unique since he is able to do his hold all game. It just doesn't need to do 100+ damage unless his strikes become beyond unusable.

His mids need to be around the 15i area because he shouldn't have such a medium/strong mid game to force you to guess while he's on the defensive for free.

x Sypher x

Some say its played out..

I don't think its played enough.

When I heard Fontana Di Trevi - Tekstep from TTT2, I went bonkers.
I listen to it 'bout everyday in my car.

Haha nice. Yeah man it's definitely not played enough. It's making progress though, slowly but surely. I guarantee people will get the same reaction too, it's good music for marketing. They just gotta find the right tune and BAM, hype meter goes up.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
When I heard Fontana Di Trevi - Tekstep from TTT2, I went bonkers.
I listen to it 'bout everyday in my car.
That song's pretty weak as dubstep, there's zero bass. While much slower in pace, I feel that the "Fallen Garden" stage has a much better dubstep song.

DyByHands

^ LOL.
And, no dubstep please. Though, Alice in Chains (the real one) would be cool. I don't think it would fit the same way as Aerosmith did. Theyre a little too dark... Not in a bad way, AIC is my favorite band from the 90's. I miss Layne.

Lexmark2

DOA 5 still has a lot of work to be done on it and they are already talking paid DLC... thats just not a strategy that agrees with me.
That's how all games are done and all companies do it from what i've seen. No its not a good thing but if its only costumes and it isn't locked on the disk and its a fair price its not a big deal. The only time people really have a problem to not buy a game is when it has on disk dlc that they charge for.

Anyway if DOA4 could get 1.1mill I don't see how between 2 systems that DOA5 can't get 1million. I don't think the game will keep with the september date either if past DOA games are anything to go by lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD