Tecmo Koei aiming to sell a million copies of DoA 5 in Sept., paid DLC confirmed

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
man .. harada is a genious ... lol i know its all trolling .. because he is that kind of guy .. hes quite funny in person ...

first we are TEKKEN now this 2 million statement ...
i feel he just waits for team ninja to say something so he can come up with his counter statement .. >__>

but with all honesty though i really hope doa5 does well ...

ErickBello

I only want to say... Keep the hopes.
The actual director of TN (Who I don't know well his name lol) and the whole team are trying not to fuck up this game, and make it different to the another DOA's, because of the feedback they want us to give them. Thing that Itagaki never thought to do.
It'll be a very good game, I hope.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The actual director of TN (Who I don't know well his name lol) and the whole team are trying not to fuck up this game, and make it different to the another DOA's, because of the feedback they want us to give them. Thing that Itagaki never thought to do.
Absolutely. Yohei Shimbori, the director, is doing a lot of good for the DOA series. It's unfortunate that Itagaki and Hayashi have made it so difficult for him. Itagaki thought he knew everything and that he could do nothing wrong and as a result we got... DOA4. Hayashi had a similar approach with NG3 and look how that turned out. Shimbori has an uphill battle but he is going through with it and I commend him for that.

DrDogg

I have faith in Shimbori. My main concern at this point is if he'll have enough time to make the necessary changes. DOA6 should be amazing though. ^_^

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
i dont even want to think of doa6 ... not now at least ...

i have faith that doa5 will be a great game ... heres looking forward to e3 .. so close now .. u guys in the US are so lucky :(

Arnell Long

True Allan, that does indeed make sense, because Capcom has gotten lazy with their retail releases knowing that we'll buy a half finished product and the necessary future patches.

DrDogg

i dont even want to think of doa6 ... not now at least ...

i have faith that doa5 will be a great game ... heres looking forward to e3 .. so close now .. u guys in the US are so lucky :(

Aside from the handful of people attending E3, everyone will get the same exposure to DOA5 no matter where they are in the world.

Also keep in mind, E3 is a trade event and only members of the industry can attend. They've also been getting more and more strict every year, so fewer and fewer people are getting in.

Raansu

Aside from the handful of people attending E3, everyone will get the same exposure to DOA5 no matter where they are in the world.

Also keep in mind, E3 is a trade event and only members of the industry can attend. They've also been getting more and more strict every year, so fewer and fewer people are getting in.

I never understood that. I went to TGS two years ago and it was absolutely amazing. Just always surprised me that E3 doesn't do public days.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

true ..
still i would love to be there :)
I hope you guys have a great time and can shower us with info later! :D

DrDogg

I never understood that. I went to TGS two years ago and it was absolutely amazing. Just always surprised me that E3 doesn't do public days.

A lot of publishers don't want their "work-in-progress" games to be played by the average gamer. It's bad enough that people start forming hard opinions about games based on trailers and other videos. Imagine if some random played an incomplete build of a game and it crashed. How many would actually understand it's a WIP and not get upset about the crash?

At least when it's an industry only event, the publishers have control over how their products are viewed.

Not to mention that TGS is a huge pain if you're a journalist. It's super crowded and the limited press-only time isn't enough. I can't even imagine the hell that would come to pass if E3 was public (E4All doesn't count).

Chris Harris

An online patch down the line probably isn't too far off the mark. Especially with how the game seems intent on coming out in Sept with TTT2. . . .I would even suggest everyone just look forward to a patch because it is highly likely there will be one.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hopefully they consult with the community before making drastic changes. Tournament players do not like to have the game changed all nilly willy just because a random have a problem with a move or how a character is played by HLP.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD