The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Helena is extremely popular with gay players.

Why? I have no idea. But gay players do seem to like her a lot.

It may come to the conclusion that if they feel gay towards playing Helena then they must "Think" & "Feel" like Helena. Only explanation. It's just that you can't say *All* because that is not an actual fact.

Brute

Standard Donor
I could see the appeal for Helena back in DOA2 when she was snarky and vibrant. Not really a gay-centric appeal, but for people who like that sort of character, she did her job well.

In DOA5 though she's just really boring in terms of charisma. You could argue it's her gameplay style that's appealing, but that doesn't explain why it's so popular with gay players unless you somehow identified that gay players like specific gameplay styles.

Anyway, like I said, I don't really get it. But it does seem to be a thing... sorta.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
People make it some type of Gay icon. There's little feedback of her showing any signs of Gay. Her being a woman just attracts but I would never portray her as a gay icon. She doesn't even have rainbow colors.

Brute

Standard Donor
She doesn't even have rainbow colors.
SGG_Cant_Contain_Laughter.gif

Yurlungur

People make it some type of Gay icon. There's little feedback of her showing any signs of Gay. Her being a woman just attracts but I would never portray her as a gay icon. She doesn't even have rainbow colors.

Well, ok so first off my first post i said it in a very satrical manner i didn't mean to just state as fact but or less say it in a way where it's like "wow, there are a lot gay players who like helena a lot" so there is that

Um...Usually we're attracted to certain types of characters it doesn't have to do with sexuality at all tbh
It's just her story and who she is that i guess makes her relatable, The fact that she handles almost everything she does with grace(you can argue with me but most of the things she does), the fact she's able to stay strong after she lost so much is just appealing while if you look at some other characters we just don't care for (ie: mila)

should i change the topic or?

Brute

Standard Donor
So, I'm trying to find a horribly balanced move/tool from every character in the roster. I'm doing pretty well so far (thanks, TN!) but there's a few I'm still struggling to find something with.

So, I'm recruiting y'all for help, because I know how much everyone here likes to complain.

have at me, scurvy scalawags!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well, ok so first off my first post i said it in a very satrical manner i didn't mean to just state as fact but or less say it in a way where it's like "wow, there are a lot gay players who like helena a lot" so there is that

Um...Usually we're attracted to certain types of characters it doesn't have to do with sexuality at all tbh
It's just her story and who she is that i guess makes her relatable, The fact that she handles almost everything she does with grace(you can argue with me but most of the things she does), the fact she's able to stay strong after she lost so much is just appealing while if you look at some other characters we just don't care for (ie: mila)

should i change the topic or?

1) You are missing the point. You said it was "All". That's what I was getting at.

2) "We're" isn't definite because that X particular gay person can like someone else and not Helena. Perhaps majority but she does "Not" signal any sorts of Gay whatsoever. People "Make" it that way because she's elegant. Being elegant does not = Gay all the time. It's all based on a person's perspective and his own personality of what that person will claim on what they see . Her whole entire character isn't based off of any Gay, people just think that way because of who they are..not because of Helena.

3) Yes I agree, I think we should change the topic.

So, I'm trying to find a horribly balanced move/tool from every character in the roster. I'm doing pretty well so far (thanks, TN!) but there's a few I'm still struggling to find something with.

So, I'm recruiting y'all for help, because I know how much everyone here likes to complain.

have at me, scurvy scalawags!

Horribly balanced in a good way? or bad way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD