Community The Evolution of The Karate Master

TakedaZX

With 4h+k his BT GAME won't exactly come into play because of 4h+k's properties.

It's still -8 and a launcher on CH+ but even still he doesn't necessarily need an adept BT GAME anyway.

Changing his 9p also takes away his wall friendly launcher at awkward angles. I won't say 9p is the best but it still works. Until the fix that issue, it's gotta stick as is.

If Hayate didn't hold the same string I may humor you on the unblockable but... Nah... The most I can see is frame advantage.

Your ordeal about 4ppk and 4p2kk is somewhat true. I never really agreed over the sitdown but I was out numbered.

I still believe in it as a defensive tool with a -4 guard break... and I have reasons that play a bigger role further up the line, but that requires for 3k to become better on all hits as far as stun quality goes so that can be hits true stun game mid kick.

If you give him 4pk, he does get increased cqc. Needless to say, this would be a great string to have or 4p into 6k (lol Lisa). But remember, our focus is to strength his whiff punish potential and spacing tools. He has the stun for a whiff punish now and a 4k keep out...

My ideas actual ideas spread into DOA6 as well but if we just get these things on the EOTKM while coming to a decision on some of these last few ordeals, he'll be leagues better.

Last edited:

JAG THE GEMINI

Guys check out the new stream Ein got what looks like a tracking 1P. I wonder what else he got. Hype

What!? Where did you see that? Which stream?

Never mind, I saw it.. It´s true. Ein has acces to his BT 2P now which should be 1P like Hitomi.

Great start... More moves for him plz and I´ll BE BACK! :cool:

Last edited:

TakedaZX

Yeah. That is going to change a lot for his match ups. Hopefully they do consider the switch on his CBs so he can get that 14i whiff Punisher back.

Zeo

Doesn't appear to be the case. In the same video we saw his 1P, you could see him throw out 6P+K and the windup get snuffed by Honoka. It looked the same, 6P+K had an absurdly fast animation at i14 in DOA4. On top of that, P+K looked the exact same. Chances are he didn't get that buff. Sorry folks.

The 1P is fantastic though, even though it's actually just normalizing him with the cast giving him something he should have already had, it's still hard to grasp that they listened and he actually got a legitimate buff. We'll make sure to check for more as more gameplay of him unfolds, examine snippets as they come up and spot any subtle change you find. Chances are 90% of the changes we'll discover on our own though.

Good Vibrations so far.

JAG THE GEMINI

I still hope moves like 4K got buffed(speed up again) since we can´t count on 6P+K. But I do not expect other strings to be changed or even new ones to be included. Damn...

JAG THE GEMINI

So Ein´s "new" move 1P is i16, -4 on hit and plus 16 on hi ch. 6 P+K is still the slow ass move from DOA5 and his 33 throw does 70 damage. Nothing else so far... Dissapointing. :(

JayceeChris

The 1P add is better than nothing (I guess) but I think It's not in TN's intention to make Ein a solid worth playing character. If they would, they would have already buff stuff like 6P+K so I expect nothing more. Gotta deal with it.

Zeo

I can't believe all of you have your hopes so low for our character after what we've already seen. Ein got buffed to begin with, that alone should instill hope in you all that it won't be the only change he's gotten for better or worse (most likely for the better, there are VERY few ways to nerf this character.)

Just try to picture this in your mind: TN releases a changelist for all the characters in Last Round in the same format as the previous balance changelists. You see 4 to 10+ lines of changes for each character then scroll on down to Ein and literally only see the 1 change "Added 1P". Now imagine how ridiculous that looks, do you really think that'll be the outcome?

Then for the rest of you realize what you already know you've been given. Ein has a 1P. One of the most substantial and required tools for every character in the game. A standard high crush, for some it's a NH stun, for others it tracks, for most it's a low hitting high crush, something Ein didn't have. At i16, -4 on NH and +16 on CH Ein now has a reliable fast high crushing tool to start his own offense, a quick step killer and a source of reliable guaranteed damage on slippery surfaces through Counter hit 1P > 33K > 3P > PP6PK. Before 1P he had none of these things and it opens up dozens of possibilities, setups, resets and options on the defense. Realize what you have before you write him off.

EIN GOT BETTER

Instead of using it as a morale booster, most of you look at 1P and assume it's the only change Ein is going to get, but aside from knowing this isn't even the final build that you saw, how many of you actually read through all of Evolution of the Karate Master? Do you even remember the changes that were in our letter and their subtlety?

46K +2 GB on block, PP6PK tracking, 4P damage boost, 4H+K and 6KK safety? 4K speed increase? 214H+K? PPP charge speed increase? 1K2K? Most of these are frame changes, do you know if ANY of them have actually been implemented? Have you see any proof that debunks them or gameplay of Ein that deconfirms them? Most of the changes we asked for affect frame data and would have to be seen in a changelog or seen in training mode in order to legitimately confirm.

What we saw in the latest stream confirmed Ein didn't get these things: i14 6P+K, P+K Critical Burst, 8P and 8K sit down stuns, 66PK tracking. But even regarding those things it's already been stressed that this is the final build, so neither you or I know anything for sure. So why expect the worst already? Anyways the worst right now is a better Ein, the best is a MUCH better Ein. Try to keep that in mind.

ADDITIONAL MOVEMENT

Maybe it's optimistic but despite the fact that 1P was something Ein should have gotten in 5U to begin with, it was something we wanted and TN gave it to him. Now, the way I see it, they listened to us. It could have just been coincidence but they may very well have seen EOTKM and responded to our plea. Now, the build we saw isn't final, now we'll make one last push for his improvement if not upon release it will be in the inevitable balance changes ahead. He got a 1P, but he can be more still, and he deserves it. Let's keep pushing to make that a reality, to at the very least make sure we've gotten the message out there.

I took the inital action, all I need now is your help. I've tweeted to Tom and TN once more and posted awareness to 3 different TN related facebook pages. Those that have those social media platforms I ask to like (duplicate or promote on facebook if that's allowed) and retweet these posts as well as spreading the word to DOA friends. I'm not on facebook so DOA players on that platform will have to do the spreading. Those that speak japanese try to spread awareness in that community as well. Here are the links.

NEW TWEET TO TN (RETWEET): https://twitter.com/ZeoRebirth/status/562025109817679872
Official TeamNinjaStudio PB Post: https://www.facebook.com/teamninjastudio/posts/1632596990294866
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round FB Post: https://www.facebook.com/deadoralive5lastround/posts/1632594603628438
TecmoKoeiEurope PB Post: https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope/posts/1632595503628348

If you don't have facebook or twitter. Spread the word to whoever you can to push this to TN, post links to the pages, on other DOA forums, post EOTKM in status updates. Act on your faith, if you have none, create it with action. I can light the torch, but it's up to the rest of you to enlarge the fire.

Now to call in the soldiers, I love this part...

CALLING ALL EIN PLAYERS!
@Tenryuga @TakedaZX @Jack @Nereus @Number 13 @SweetSauceBoss @UpSideDownGRUNT @Saber @XZero264 @Goarmagon @Brute @Shinko Li @Kronin @SilverForte @MajesticBlue @FightersLegend @LightSonic @xSA Mulatto @Jaguar360 @Hakkyoku-Ken:Budo Lion @Step @Splendidsafe @JayceeChris @JAG THE GEMINI @D Glock @DestructionBomb @UprisingJC @Crext @StrikerSashi

EVOLUTION OF THE KARATE MASTER: http://vigaku.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-letter-reaching-out-to-team-ninja.html

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually agree with Zeo for the most part, we haven't actually seen his whole command list nor have we seen a majority of his moves with details on.

There's still stuff that could be added and we just haven't seen it yet, so far his biggest change is 1P but there's more to it than that, there has to be I don't see TN looking at EOKTM and ONLY agreeing with 1P....

Number 13

At least this wasn't one of those buffs that is minor fluff like give a couple extra damage to one of his holds like damage was his problem.

I can actually use this and who knows what else we are gonna get. TN might actually realize that Ein hasn't properly been converted for DoA 5 meta. Honestly if Ein just gets a fraction of what that was requested in that list then that would make me feel better about Ein shitty DoA 5 wardrobe.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Hopefully Ein will get a 4H+P next. I already play him as if he has one (I kinda already played him as if he had a 1P... curse my grappler tendencies).

D Glock

Excellent post! I also just dropped a retweet on your recent link. But let's just wait and see what's planned for day one from Team Ninja, and also from our own experiment and discovery with him.

But like UpSideDownGRUNT said, we really haven't seen everything from Ein, even with the few times we've seen gameplay of him on stream.

JAG THE GEMINI

@Zeo

It´s just that it would have been amazing to see more stuff we wanted for Ein in the videos of DOA5 LR so far. 1P is a VERY nice addition, but like I wrote earlier there are things that are more crucial yet "subtle"(like 46k at leats +2 on block and a FASTER 4K) Those things are too important, and I still hope for the best. People here in the Ein forum have been so busy in the past talking about Ein and what IS JUST MISSING... They deserve to get a better Ein... Fuck All of us deserve a better Ein! Because we "LOVE" Ein. :oops: :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD