The Uncharted Thread

ShinobiGuy

The game is waiting for me when I come home from work later, really really looking forwards to it. Got it on PSN so no chance for early delivery,but still a bit annoying seeing the timer counting down to midnight, when I need to go to bed. I miss my younger days, when I could sit up till 3 am playing :-(

Tyaren

Standard Donor
looks better than Tomb Raider

Well, many even say it is the best looking game ever made. The pics I posted here are nothing compared to what you will later see in the game (I don't want to spoil anything). I finished it yesterday night by the way! :D

Here are some random shots of a place that was already shown in demos and trailers:

26327658363_1520425128_h.jpg

26326227074_3fbe2bd8eb_h.jpg

img

The game is waiting for me when I come home from work later, really really looking forwards to it. Got it on PSN so no chance for early delivery,but still a bit annoying seeing the timer counting down to midnight, when I need to go to bed. I miss my younger days, when I could sit up till 3 am playing :-(

You'll be in for a treat! :D

Jadeinchains

Well, many even say it is the best looking game ever made. The pics I posted here are nothing compared to what you will later see in the game (I don't want to spoil anything). I finished it yesterday night by the way! :D

Here are some random shots of a place that was already shown in demos and trailers:

26327658363_1520425128_h.jpg

26326227074_3fbe2bd8eb_h.jpg

img

Have you completed the game yet Tyaren? Also do you have the game now Grunt?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Have you completed the game yet Tyaren? Also do you have the game now Grunt?

Yes, I did, but I mentioned that in my post above. ;) I think it is an amazing game. Apart from looking amazing it was also a lot of fun to play. And now there's so much cool bonus stuff to do. And I haven't even found 50% of all treasures. They are very well hidden and some of the locations have the size of sections from open world games. O:

Jadeinchains

Yes, I did, but I mentioned that in my post above. ;) I think it is an amazing game. Apart from looking amazing it was also a lot of fun to play. And now there's so much cool bonus stuff to do. And I haven't even found 50% of all treasures. They are very well hidden and some of the locations have the size of open world sections. O:

Oh oops I'm blind for not seeing that, I'll not be buying much of doa5's new dlc so that I have enough for UN4 as soon as possible! X)

I love the fact that it has lots of collectables because one of my favourite things about the tomb raider games was getting all relics and documents etc!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I love the fact that it has lots of collectables because one of my favourite things about the tomb raider games was getting all relics and documents etc!

Oh, I forgot to mention these! Yes, there also many letters and documents to find and optional entries for Nate's travel diary. His scribbles are really worth it. They are beautiful and sometimes quite funny, lol. XD But you can miss so many of these, if you don't search every nook and cranny in this game.

Jadeinchains

You should actually play the rebooted Tomb Raider games if you enjoy the gameplay, theme, story etc of Uncharted, they're really good... Well the 2013 one is anyway in my opinion. Maybe now that you've played such an open world game though they wouldn't live up but they're very similar and what I thought of immediately when you talked about there being relics and documents in the game.

I'll definitely be making sure to check every single space on the map while playing to make sure I can get everything.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Unfortunately I already watched the complete stories (including gameplay segments) of the new Tomb Raider games on Youtube. XD So, it wouldn't be so thrilling to play them now that I know everything. Also, I don't really like the theme of the Tomb Raider games, especially the first one of the reboot. I really disliked and cringed so often at the violence and the mutilations Lara had to go through. Uncharted is a lot tamer and lighthearted in that regard. Which is funny considering how many say that Uncharted 4 is much darker and somber in tone than it's predecessors. It imho still is pretty lighthearted. Definitely compared to the latest Tomb Raider games. Also, yes, I don't really enjoy too corridor-ish games. I was glad Uncharted 4 opened up quite a few times. Not every level is as open but then you are at least floored at each new corner and turn with stunning visuals. :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I just got to Scotland and man it looks so pretty

So far I'm really liking this one, a little bunmed that Steel fist isn't anywhere near as good as Uncharted 2 and 3 it's way more realistic and not as comical.

Jadeinchains

Unfortunately I already watched the complete stories (including gameplay segments) of the new Tomb Raider games on Youtube. XD So, it wouldn't be so thrilling to play them now that I know everything. Also, I don't really like the theme of the Tomb Raider games, especially the first one of the reboot. I really disliked and cringed so often at the violence and the mutilations Lara had to go through. Uncharted is a lot tamer and lighthearted in that regard. Which is funny considering how many say that Uncharted 4 is much darker and somber in tone than it's predecessors. It imho still is pretty lighthearted. Definitely compared to the latest Tomb Raider games. Also, yes, I don't really enjoy too corridor-ish games. I was glad Uncharted 4 opened up quite a few times. Not every level is as open but then you are at least floored at each new corner and turn with stunning visuals. :)

Yeah I thought so, also the bolded bit I have to admit I kind of liked the horror movie levels of crap Lara had to go through to survive since to me I think its much more likely you'd be horribly injured in a situation like that instead of being completely okay.
I had a feeling though they'd be to closed in for you though after playing Uncharted 4.

I just got to Scotland and man it looks so pretty

So far I'm really liking this one, a little bunmed that Steel fist isn't anywhere near as good as Uncharted 2 and 3 it's way more realistic and not as comical.

Okay so you do have the game now! Well that's good after the whole hold back in the UK.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah I thought so, also the bolded bit I have to admit I kind of liked the horror movie levels of crap Lara had to go through to survive since to me I think its much more likely you'd be horribly injured in a situation like that instead of being completely okay.

Yeah, it's all about bloody survival with poor Lara and it is all about having the time of your life and cracking jokes with Nate. XD

Jadeinchains

Yeah I'm looking forward to have the dynamics between the characters work and how they react to them cause I know that Lara reacts by getting smashed off a wall or getting impaled on something crying and then passing out so it will be interesting to see a more chilled out not quite as real/serious reaction to the insane destruction that's happening. Like in the trailer when they just kind of let out an exhausted laugh after the whole truck chase on a motorbike! XD

ShinobiGuy

Of course this game is released in the one week of spring and summer we have in this country :(

I'll get the tan next year then....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD