The Uncharted Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Most should have visited this loacation by now...

26347691423_e234c62378_h.jpg

26347686493_04eb640c10_h.jpg

26918634366_f72103a6eb_h.jpg

26918608986_3438866af7_h.jpg

26347780483_ae9c4574b1_h.jpg

Looks like stills from a Pixar movie. And this is all gameplay graphics. I just paused the game and swung the camera a little around.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This game looks like its just effortlessly beautiful!

If someone ever tries to tell me a game has to look and run like shit on the PS4 because it is not powerful enough, I'm going to smack him with these pics in the face. The game levels are huge, beautifully modelled, have amazing textures, shading and lighting, up to 4 high quality character models with near perfect animations are on screen with a dozen of enemies, lots of explosions and other effects and the game runs in 1080p, rock-solid 30fps and with a crystal clear image quality, no aliasing, no blurring, no screen tearing.

26920575776_63ad092dba_h.jpg

26920567266_76059b630c_h.jpg

26859989322_79507e8e0b_h.jpg

Imagine DOA6 or Soul Calibur 6 looked as good...

It really is all about optimization, which unfortunately hardly happens anymore, since there so many platforms to develop for and to make money off... :/

UpSideDownGRUNT

Tbf, if I wanna see stuff like this all I have to do is just play it lol

Btw, you can hide characters for vista shots and stuff. It works really well

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Philistines...*sigh* When will Neogaf finally admit me...? :(

Btw, you can hide characters for vista shots and stuff. It works really well

Yeah, I know. I like Drake (or someone) in it though...it's more like a Caspar David Friedrich picture that way:

5945000.jpg

Chapstick

There.

I don't have any screenshots I wanna upload atm and I've only been playing with the bf watching and since he works third shift the time's been limited.

Jadeinchains

Great pictures Tyaren! :)
I wish I had this game tight now but I'm sure I will soon... I hope.

Anyway when I get it I'll need to post pics too! :)

Chapstick

dledZf5.png

zUS1rqo.png

It looks like it could be a ring ad

My bf wanted to take a pic like an old photograph and here's the outcome

RDaVNlQ.png

This was a really cool small detail, whenever a bright light shines in front of you it lights his ear up just like in real life. Never seen this in a game before.

S9XJ6s7.png

Rifaz89

Oh, I saw some of this game playthroughs on youtube, it was particularly amusing to see the character playing Crash Bandicoot.

Hopefully DOA will reach this level of beautiful.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, some of those lamp posts are in the middle of the road. XD

The attention to detail is amazing in this title! I was wowed by the whale surfacing in the Scottish sea for once and then never again, even though I stared like 5 minutes on the sea to get a glimpse of it again.

Since I'm not alone here anymore let me post some more pics too. :)

27002452076_6a293fbde3_h.jpg

26941603632_3ccbdb1d44_h.jpg

26941580592_36950583de_h.jpg

Lol, Sam is totally checking out his brother's wet ass there! XD

27036063835_0d49ea3bec_o.png

Looks like a real life photo! O:

Last edited:

NightAntilli

Naughty Dog knows their way with art style, that's for sure. The untrained eye does not see all the faults in the graphics. Not saying it doesn't look good. It looks awesome. Likely the best looking game this gen as of yet. But close to real life, nah...

I hope the story lives up to the expectations.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Naughty Dog knows their way with art style, that's for sure. The untrained eye does not see all the faults in the graphics. Not saying it doesn't look good. It looks awesome. Likely the best looking game this gen as of yet. But close to real life, nah...

I hope the story lives up to the expectations.
As someone who ended up beating it in 2 days because they couldn't stop playing it, it does... This is probably the best Uncharted in the series, for various reasons.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Naughty Dog knows their way with art style, that's for sure. The untrained eye does not see all the faults in the graphics. Not saying it doesn't look good. It looks awesome. Likely the best looking game this gen as of yet. But close to real life, nah..

The art style, like that of it's predecessors, isn't supposed to go for realism but is slightly stylized, comic-like. Pretty clever since they completely avoid the uncanny valley effect and they can get away with some other pretty unrealistic stuff and effects. Still, in certain lighting conditions especially some of the interiors it looks almost life-like. Best lit and detailed interiors of any game to date. You should actually play and see it on your own screen before you form an opinion. ;)

zPhXYW0.png

1463214341-uncharted-tm-4-a-thief-s-end-20160514101524.png

27037519406_28dcbab5a4_o.jpg

Regarding the question about gameplay: I thought it was great and a lot of fun. And I really wasn't sure that I was going to like it. This time there is much less shooting and more stealth, climbing and exploring, which I thought was perfect! :)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD