Tier List?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah the game turning into a untechable force tech unholdable game along with the ground game glitch really just sealed the deal for a lot of players to stop playing DOA4.

Not everyone stopped playing it because it can be a fun game, just that the offline scene (which is the visual representation of the scene) died out.

DontForkWitMe

so how exactly do eliot players play? it seems like i should just use the safe moves all the time. his :4: :P::P: mix-ups and delays are also the only things i find to be useful. How come there's no Eliot thread? XP

don't know about anyone else but back when i played DOA4 the only viable way i found to play eliot is free cancelling and never finish any of his strings, he has no good natural mixups and his lows are trash, there is really no reason for an opponent to defend low against him since virtually all his offense are mids/highs punches. im surprised he is even considered anything but bottom tier but i guess its only because there happens to be even worse characters with shittier tools than him. even so i still think hes a solid and fun character to use and will main him in 5 (since leons inclusion is looking grim) especially since it looks like back-turned setups have guaranteed follow ups making his holds/throws that leave opponents backturned far more dangerous and useful than in 4

TRI Mike

TOP: Busa, Kasumi, Ayane, Genfu.
HIGH: Hitomi, Hayate, Helena, Leifang, Tina.
MID: Jann Lee, Ein, Zack, Eliot, Leon, Kokoro, Master Chief.
LOW: Lisa, Christie, Tengu, Bayman, Bass, Brad

Allan Paris

TOP: Busa, Kasumi, Ayane, Genfu.
HIGH: Hitomi, Hayate, Helena, Leifang, Tina.
MID: Jann Lee, Ein, Zack, Eliot, Leon, Kokoro, Master Chief.
LOW: Lisa, Christie, Tengu, Bayman, Bass, Brad
Mike where'd you get this from?

Who were you playing against in DOA4 for you to come up with this?

Nicole is not mid tier, that is hilarious. That alone lets me know you were not playing against anyone who knew what they were doing.

Raansu

Characters that can actual play in DoA4's mechanics:
Busa, Gen Fu, Helena, Spartan....

The Rest:

/partially serious joke.

TRI Mike

I came up with it. I dunno I've just always thought the Chief isn't as good as most people think. But I could definitely be wrong because I didn't use him much and also didn't fight a lot against good players who mained the Spartan.

Kasumi because she's very hard to hold and her 6P+F punish leads to some insane free shit.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Nicole is a super heavyweight, tough to juggle, can punish mid and high wake-up kicks into guaranteed wall damage that leads to a force tech unholdable wake-up game AND can do half life damage with one hi-counter throw plus danger zone.

Jefffcore

I came up with it. I dunno I've just always thought the Chief isn't as good as most people think. But I could definitely be wrong because I didn't use him much and also didn't fight a lot against good players who mained the Spartan.

Kasumi because she's very hard to hold and her 6P+F punish leads to some insane free shit.

Kasumi's 6 throw is only 10i, so she can't really punish with it. Being difficult to hold is an online thing.

TRI Mike

How can the Chief punish wake-up kicks¿

On a side-note. I'm calling "him" the "Master Chief" because in the Halo universe, that's the Mjolnir Mark-VI armor and only the Master Chief wears it (the rest are Mark-V or just Spartan 3) and I read somewhere that this "Nicole" character was just a fabrication because the Chief's voice actor couldn't work with Team Ninja on time for DOA4's release so in reality, that's the Master Chief.

I could be wrong though. You guys know much more about the game than me.

Allan Paris

I dunno I've just always thought the Chief isn't as good as most people think. But I could definitely be wrong because I didn't use him much and also didn't fight a lot against good players who mained the Spartan.
Well this isn't fair to judge a character when making a tier list.

She is only hard to hold or generally deal with online. Offline it is another story with her. She is high tier but not at the top. That throw is also slow and can't punish too many things. If someone is using it against you a lot. You are either being dumb unsafe or you are just being thrown to death.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm calling "him" the "Master Chief" because in the Halo universe, that's the Mjolnir Mark-VI armor and only the Master Chief wears it (the rest are Mark-V or just Spartan 3) and I read somewhere that this "Nicole" character was just a fabrication because the Chief's voice actor couldn't work with Team Ninja on time for DOA4's release so in reality, that's the Master Chief.

I could be wrong though. You guys know much more about the game than me.

Itagaki came to Bungie requesting that Master Chief be in DOA4, but Bungie didn't want to allow it due to "storyline restrictions". So instead they worked together to create Nicole-458, including her moveset, her backstory, and Nassau Station.

Jefffcore

That's tough.

Bass has better launches, crushes, I think he's faster, and better ground game. He doesn't really get anything from those launchers though.

I think Tengu gets better damage from combo's, has something for knockdowns, two strings that put him at neutral.

Tengu should probably be higher though.

WiZzYx

I knew that Brad Wong was a horrible character, but it was not that bad. Has something positive to highlight, or simply is the worst fighter in the game? Personally, I had no problems playing with (my main character), but I admit that against ninjas and Gen Fu, is difficult to win (beyond the rank, as it is very relative)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD