Wait, what? But you did put her second.

SS: Hayabusa, Helena, Gen Fu
S: SPARTAN-458, Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi
A: Jann Lee, Zack, Hitomi, Leon
B: Kokoro, Leifang, Ein, Tina
C: Eliot, Bass, Christie
D: Bayman
E: Tengu, La Mariposa, Brad Wong

I would honestly say that Bayman was down there with Brad and Tengu, but Lisa could actually play respectable keepout if nothing else and thats something the others didn't really have going for them.

Zeo

Why is Leon so much higher than Bayman? Guessing it's the fact that he's 2x as safe?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Probably super late to this, but with DOA4 being more accessible I just wanted to say while Kasumi is pretty good in DOA4, I feel like she's gutted compared to what she was in 2U and DOA3.

In 2U, she was pretty roughly the same although I feel she was better at mid range since she had her 66P mid, her 3PP and P+K stunned and she had her 33K that was better and safer and she also had her 4H+K, unsafe but was another option when she wasn't in your face. Her parries were better too since iirc she wasn't forced into Hoshinpo so it was a matter of just knowing when to use it.

3 she wasn't as good on the tier list but she had more to work with like having another mix up from 66P and she had some new stuff like her 6P+K shoulder thrust and like 2U her damage was good.

In 4 I feel like they toned her down a tad too much since alot of her old strings and moved were gated and kept in strings only, like she couldn't 6PK or 6K anymore since they replaced her 6P to a better poke but no safe options to finish and her 6K is now her old 9K but it stuns instead of knock down. She lost white a couple of her better moves like 33K now being the 33K new and her damage is kinda tougher to get since she has to play the stun game since her stun launch game was quick but weak and the launch height isn't good unless she has you deep in the threshold. Her parries imo are worse too since you're forced in her Hoshinpo and her throw punishes weren't that good either, her 6T was slower and a breakable grappler. Her 66P is also worse since it's a high elbow

I basically feel like they gave her more options and enders in 4 but they really really gutted her damage output to do it and they made her more reliant on counter pokes. I'd say I prefer her 2U/3 version but her 4 version is pretty fun once you learn to mix up with her and work around her unsafety

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD