What would be the most disappointing thing that DOA 6 can have?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Full HD? DOA5LR is already full 1080p. If Team Ninja can do 4K60FPS then I'll be impressed! (though 1440p60FPS would be cool too). However depending on how interactive the stages are, plus their sizes and scope, a DOA6 may likely be 1080p60FPS, but with the PS4 Pro and XBone X out this fall, TN hopefully may possibly try a resolution above 1080p.

4K TVs are incredibly laggy input wise and it's the only way (for now) to get up to 4K and I have yet to see a monitor with a strong refresh rate. Have you seen the response time for 4K? it's not so great lol you don't need that much megapixels just to get the best out of DOA. I'm all up for 1080p60fps but PC already can do that somewhat despite being an inferior version kinda? maybe the next console can push it out without having any issues.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
4K TVs are incredibly laggy input wise and it's the only way (for now) to get up to 4K and I have yet to see a monitor with a strong refresh rate. Have you seen the response time for 4K? it's not so great lol you don't need that much megapixels just to get the best out of DOA. I'm all up for 1080p60fps but PC already can do that somewhat despite being an inferior version kinda? maybe the next console can push it out without having any issues.

Yeah, 4K60FPS is a bit of a pipe dream at the moment for consoles and 1080p60FPS is more realistic, though technically DOA5LR does run at that resolution and frame rate currently. I have faith in TN's graphical capabilities and if they could muster up 1440p60FPS for the PS4 Pro/XBone X that would be amazing, though yeah 1080p60FPS would be fine too as long as there are the expected graphical improvements over DOA5LR. As long as the game looks better than Tekken 7 I'm good...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor

It depends

My KS8000 has an input lag of 20ms
My X940D has an input lag of 35ms in game mode, 58ms in HDR & a whopping 100+ in Cinema Pro lol

I find DOA completely playable at 35ms for casual play.

Asus should be coming out with a 4k HDR display with really low input lag in 2018 - so would love to see DOA6 support 4k + HDR. Would look amazing!

HHH816

christie is easy, if you play with a good connection that is..my bayman already kill hundreds of version of her online

She is nowhere near balanced. I wish y'all would stop it. Hell look at the top 8/top 3 of most offline tournaments. Who's the main one in the top 8? Christie. Either her or Helena or Eliot.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The most disappointing things DOA6 could have imo would be:
Bad theme music.
Disappointing Guest characters.
Raidou and Honoka not getting more moves to make them more unique.
Gen fu not getting axed
Genra/Omega not being added.
Boring and bland stages.
Having Meter bars, EX moves, etc.
Disappointing storyline.
Hayabusa stealing spotlight of other characters by playing the hero in need again.
Hayate still not getting a personality.
Having Ein as a character.
Lisa, Momiji & Rachel not returning.

She is nowhere near balanced. I wish y'all would stop it. Hell look at the top 8/top 3 of most offline tournaments. Who's the main one in the top 8? Christie. Either her or Helena or Eliot.
She is quite balanced, she’s fast and evasive but she’s only good up close, she doesn’t have much ranged tools.
Her ranged tools are unsafe as well so from a range it’s easy to whiff punish her. Also, you can interrupt her jakheiho side step with 6P and tracking moves.
Don’t call Christie unbalanced when she’s quite fair to fight. She places high at tournaments because she’s highly evasive and is really fast with amazing string delay.
I’ve played you before a few times on PSN and you’re not really a good player so maybe that’s why you find her unbalanced....

Bacaww

The most disappointing things DOA6 could have imo would be:
Bad theme music.
Disappointing Guest characters.
Raidou and Honoka not getting more moves to make them more unique.
Gen fu not getting axed
Genra/Omega not being added.
Boring and bland stages.
Having Meter bars, EX moves, etc.
Disappointing storyline.
Hayabusa stealing spotlight of other characters by playing the hero in need again.
Hayate still not getting a personality.
Having Ein as a character.
Lisa, Momiji & Rachel not returning.

She is quite balanced, she’s fast and evasive but she’s only good up close, she doesn’t have much ranged tools.
Her ranged tools are unsafe as well so from a range it’s easy to whiff punish her. Also, you can interrupt her jakheiho side step with 6P and tracking moves.
Don’t call Christie unbalanced when she’s quite fair to fight. She places high at tournaments because she’s highly evasive and is really fast with amazing string delay.
I’ve played you before a few times on PSN and you’re not really a good player so maybe that’s why you find her unbalanced....

"I’ve played you before a few times on PSN and you’re not really a good player so maybe that’s why you find her unbalanced"

Nowhere near balanced? Her hold and throw damage make up for her speed and evasion. Also I find it funny how you mention tournaments while a Christie has never won a tournament ( I believe) and often gets shat on because people recognize her strings easily. But I guess if you would mash after all her moves she would be unfair

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
1) DOA6 turning into loli central. Marie Rose and Honoka, alright, but please spare us DOAX's Misaki and even more moeblobs as new characters. Lolis are already covered more than enough.

2) Watering down the Dead or Alive series being foremost a fighting game series. Please leave any voyeuristic mini games and interactive gravure scenes to the DOAX series.

3) Cutting any game modes that have become a staple of the series, like team battle, versus, time battle, spectator mode, photo mode and so on.

4) Loosing its status as the graphically best looking fighting game. DOA5's environments weren't nearly as pretty, vibrant or imaginative as DOA4's stages or that of even older games. I hope the designers can go back to their fromer artistic strength.
Nioh, which is probably the best indicator of how DOA6 might end up looking/performing, is technically very patchy. On the standard PS4 the game does not reach full 1080p and 60fps, there is no antialiasing (as in most Koei Tecmo games) and the texture quality isn't the best either. I hope DOA 6 will be better optimized.

5) Staying with the cringey rap music. Dead or Alive was always accompanied by rock music. It fits the fast and hard action of a fighting game best. Rock has class and stays relevant for a long time, cheaply done rap is outdated faster than *insert fast rapper here* raps.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

The reason why Christie & Eliot are featured in Top 8's or Top 3's often is because Kwiggle & Xcalibur Bladez are better than most DOA players. Christie is tough to fight but she is technically balanced for high level play. She's just, well, puts a lot of onus on the opponent to learn how to deal with her properly. Same with GenFu.

We'll see how TN balances these characters in DOA6 (don't think TN will retire GenFu yet...).

KwonJigglypuff

What I'm most afraid about is DLC character and having many cut characters in DOA6. The situation was different in DOA5 Vanilla, where TN was rather honest by cutting unpopular/dead characters (Leon, Tengu and Ein) due to time constraints.
BUT now, they know fans are ready to pay for anything! So why give priority to unpopular characters (Lisa, Christie), irrelevant characters story-wise (Gen Fu, Leon) or guest characters (Rachel, Momiji) ?

I mean... my favourite characters got cut in Tekken (Zafina) and SF (Rose), so... now that TN is confident, what will stop them ?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
We'll see how TN balances these characters in DOA6 (don't think TN will retire GenFu yet...).
Unfortunately...

What I'm most afraid about is DLC character and having many cut characters in DOA6. The situation was different in DOA5 Vanilla, where TN was rather honest by cutting unpopular/dead characters (Leon, Tengu and Ein) due to time constraints.
BUT now, they know fans are ready to pay for anything! So why give priority to unpopular characters (Lisa, Christie), irrelevant characters story-wise (Gen Fu, Leon) or guest characters (Rachel, Momiji) ?

I mean... my favourite characters got cut in Tekken (Zafina) and SF (Rose), so... now that TN is confident, what will stop them ?
Momiji and Rachel aren’t guest characters they were introduced as new DOA characters not as guest characters from another game like Mai, Naotora and the VF. And I doubt TN wil cut Momiji she’s pretty popular in Japan and since TN has showed us more than one time that they don’t give a fuck about the western community I highly doubt they’ll be cutting Momiji out. Don’t compare TN with Capcom and Bandai Namco, Harada cuts characters out occasionally. And like you said they couldn’t add Leon and Ein due to time restraints not because they were unpopular. I do hope from the bottom of my heart that Gen Fu will retire. If it’s not in 6 let it be in 7 because me and many other people just want him gone already.

KwonJigglypuff

Hope I'm wrong @King Anubis, hope I'm wrong... Hopefully TN will thank their loyal fans/community by keeping the roster safe.

Why do you want Gen Fu gone though ? How can you hate a lovely old fart like him, a veteran on top of that ? :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD