Who's your favorite DOA character¿ and why¿

Genesis

I remember the first time I played Dead or Alive 2. My older brother had just gotten it and SoulCalibur for our Dreamcast. I came home from school (or something - I had to be about twelve at this point) to see my brothers playing a tag battle. One look at Tina's secondary costume, and I was all over playing that game.

Even after learning that I kinda suck as Tina, I continued to play as her, mainly because my younger brother and I made up all sorts of stories while playing the game, and I liked "writing" for her. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with Ayane, though, especially after finding out that I flowed pretty naturally with her. She's since become my favourite character overall.

Once I finally played DoA3, however, I found that Hayate felt even more natural, and so he became my main during the very brief period that I played a lot of 3.

I'm very much looking forward to which of the two I'll enjoy most in 5. From the look of things, I think Ayane will be it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayate flows more naturally for me than any other character in 4/3.
Still, I prefer Ryu and Ayane.

NikkySan

My favourite characters are Lei Fang, Tina and Jann Lee.

Lei Fang because her fighting style is very interesting to me, as I never thought you could actually use Tai Chi in hand-to-hand combat. Plus I aways liked how her outfit of choice was a long cheongsam and stiletto heels.

Tina because her style is heavily based on Puroresu (Japanese Pro-Wrestling), which I'm a huge fan of. A lot of her throws that she uses such as the Death Valley Bomb, JO Cyclone and the GO 2 SLEEP (yes that's right, CM Punk didn't invent the G2S, he only made it popular in the US) are wrestling moves invented in Japan.

Jann Lee because he's one of the few Bruce Lee clones in fighting games that I like. I find him being only interested in fighting rather interesting.

Genesis

Never could make it with Hayabusa, myself. I guess I could go through his command training, but his flow is way different from how I play my ninja. I'm surprised to be doing so well with Akira, so far. I never was any good with ol' Thundernuts in VF, so why I'm picking him up so quickly in DOA5 is beyond me.

Brute

Standard Donor
Though I found Hayate more intuitive, with practice Ryu has become perfect for me. His wide range of attack types and power/speed balance are all perfectly in-tune with my rhythm. I never feel uncomfortable with him, which is part of the reason I like to main him.

Hopefully that won;t change in DOA5.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm about to get nerdy on this one. My favorite is Kasumi.
The reason why is when I 1st picked up DOA, I had already had this vendetta aboutt using girls in a fighting game. I 1st started using Jann Lee, Ryu, & Zack. I still wasn't satisfied. Plus, I'm a ninja fan, point blank. I wanted somebody real quick & fast to use and then I got pointed out to her for reccomendation. So then I swallowed my pride & used her & when I learned her, with all of the things I mentioned, she was THE 1st female fighter I've ever used in a fighting game ever! I know Chun-Li was the 1st female ever & she's my fav too, but Kasumi is my 1st favorite female fighter. Plus I love her personality & when push come to shove, she'll beat your ass. I always thought she was the hottest out of all them too.But that's besides the point. Every since then, I was on the Kasumi bandwagon. Loved her like she's a sister. lol

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
In Doa 1-4 Tina:
  • Loved her agressiveness.
  • Loved her sexiness.
  • Loved her strength.
  • Loved that she was a grappler-striker.
  • Overall loved her personality, her persona.[]

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-In Doa1-4 :tina:
  • Loved her agressiveness.
  • Loved her sexiness.
  • Loved her strength.
  • Loved that she was a grappler-striker.
  • Overall loved her personality, her persona.[list/]
    -In Doa5, still trying to figure her out.

bingsoo

Ayane because she is a badass kunoichi with an attitude problem. Oh, and she wears purple and black :)

Xernuht

I'm sure I stated this on some other forum, but this is the first DOA I found interesting. I've always been willing to overlook the overwhelming jabs at it just being a fanservice fighter, but the visuals themselves never sat right with me. The characters, short of Ryu, Hitomi, and Kokoro, just didn't look right to me, and those three are only where they are since 4 came out.

Then the official art and renders came out for 5, and suddenly this cast of bizzarely odd characters... I dunno, matured. Kasumi and Helena were the most amazing changes, such that I strongly believe they are the most beautiful of the cast, and they finally looked... right.

Then Team Ninja obviously hired some psychics, because there was still a problem: there wasn't a style that caught my eye. I don't know how many times I watched gameplay of 4 and 5's demo to find someone who I could find intruiging enough to play, and then they announced Mila. Pretty, Spanish, and an MMA fighter. There is just something so satisfying with her rather simplistically brutal style.

Oh, right. Favorite character. Well, Mila's story's kinda weak, so I'm going to say Helena, then Kasumi.

Ghosty-J

I grew up alongside DoA and always used Jann Lee since he was the token Bruce Lee character. As the franchise progressed, I've grown to respect him more and I've grown very fond of him. Out of all the games in total, I've used him the most.

Hitomi since she's one of the few characters I was good with, and I thoughtb traditional karate was a pretty cool martial art. I also think she's cute, inside and out............... Don't judge me D:

Eliot can be thrown on my favorites list. I was pleasantly surprised with him since I tried him in a couple random fights online and he's probably the only character in my small team with the most victories! Or at least close to Jann Lee. I was having the most miserable time trying to get a win in DoA4 with nothing but straight losses all across the board. 100+ wins and 200+ losses IIRC. So the wins I got with Eliot caught me by surprise, so I decided to use him a little more often. The fact he has shota appeal helped me stick with him a lot since I always liked to see kids beat the tar out of grown folks XD He's not a Shota anymore in 5 though, but he's even more epic thanks to his Story Mode scenes : D

And finally Ayane. I love Ayane, but I can never use her worth crud. So I never play as her ;_; At least I can use her extremely well in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

monster637

Ayane since i played ninja gaiden black back in the day, keeping waiting for a Ayane based NG or her own spin off......Of course hitomi is second then kasumi and tina for gangster status

Deever

I think Tina will always be my personal favorite DOA character. I've been a big pro wrestling fan since I was about 10 years old and so I always love wrestling based characters like Tina, King from Tekken, and Alex from SF3 (I still wish he was in more games). I like La Mariposa and Bass for the same reason. I think I like Tina the most out of those because she provides the middle ground between brute force and quick acrobatics.

Aside from the grapplers, I have a fondness for Christie. Not sure what it is exactly, she's just always really fun to play as.

FakeSypha

[...]I know about Awesmic and Sypha's love for Christie[...]

I am not even close to Awesmic's level of love towards Christie. Just wanted to put that clear, lol.

Ontopic: Christie. Then Hitomi, even if her kawaii uguu attitude is annoying for moments.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I love everyone!

Except Zack. Who the hell likes Zack¿
Oh, I dunno... Hatrify? Highguy? Master Havik? Rhythmic Designs? Julius Rage? Furious Caesar? Broly's voice actor? Dennis Rodman? Team Ninja? Me? The silent people who don't really want to share their opinion here?

I'd say there's plenty who like Zack.

Christie because umm...well idk.
Oh, come on kid, we've gone through this a zillion times...

"You saw her infamous ending in DOA3, and the rest was history." That's easy to remember, and there's no shame in that. I made an essay about that, you know! >.<

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD