Why do you think DOA5 is a good game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stikku

Almost every thing you have typed is factually wrong or heavily misinformed. You can easily be in another forum, playing said games in the past 8 years, but you're spending your time writing ignorant verbose paragraphs about a game you haven't played that you deem unworthy. Think about it.
Dissent for DOA5 is far more difficult than you think. I'd hardly consider myself a fighter if I disregarded balanced-options and content-filled games (which DOA5 does not represent), while turning a blind eye to the fandom and appraisal of the massive underachievement that Dead or Alive 5 is. What I typed was not factually incorrect in any way, check sales charts for this game if you don't think it's already in the shitter. Every negative we've discussed in this thread alone is a negative duly worth noting, and negatives that prevent DOA5 from being a successful title.
Dead or Alive 5 is a Fighter, but it is not a Contender.

and if it isn't a competitor, it can't be a winner.

DR2K

Dissent for DOA5 is far more difficult than you think. I'd hardly consider myself a fighter if I disregarded balanced-options and content-filled games (which DOA5 does not represent), while turning a blind eye to the fandom and appraisal of the massive underachievement that Dead or Alive 5 is. What I typed was not factually incorrect in any way, check sales charts for this game if you don't think it's already in the shitter. Every negative we've discussed in this thread alone is a negative duly worth noting, and negatives that prevent DOA5 from being a successful title.
Dead or Alive 5 is a Fighter, but it is not a Contender.

and if it isn't a competitor, it can't be a winner.

No, you're wrong in every sense of the word, nothing personal. You haven't played the game and your posts show that ignorance.

On a side note it's selling/rating on par with the worlds highest selling fighting series, lulz.

damedame

That does suck! Instead of borrowing characters from another series they should invest more on their own.

So... Well... Said.

They claim** "didn't have time for Leon, Ein and Tengu"... their OWN characters who all have their fans... many who are disappointed now... and yet they "had time" to add not one but *THREE* VF Chars? Fail.

**Claim source in some QA in the guide I heard.

damedame

Oh and on topic.

DOA5 is fun. Alpha is fun to play. I never played DOAD (I don't own that handheld thinger it was released for) so I can't comment. I rarely played DOA4. It just wasn't as much fun as DOA3.1 / DOA3/ DoA2:U.

I spent most of my DOA time on DOA2U, and had a blast. It was really fun back then. DOA4 for some reason just didn't do it for me I guess. They added new concepts like offensive holds, which was cool, but strikes were way too good, and noobs could just mash strikes and win a lot easier, which was a huge letdown. DOA5 I'm trying again, and it's fun so far.

damedame

Rock-Paper-Scissors is a shit game. It always has been, and it always will be.
I prefer chess.
Chess is more fun! And so is go. But for a quick decision with friends, RPC works since we don't wanna sit down to chess matches to decide who's ordering the pizza. haha

And I think RPC is still present in DOA.

Guard > Strike
Strike > Throw
Throw > Guard

There's of course some exceptions. (Guard break, unblockable, some strikes beat other strikes...) And of course there's those hold things which are more like more punishing/higher risk guards...

Raansu

Stikku makes me

• . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Crystic

By the way, DOA4 was a great game. It was amazing to see who could pull off the Izuna Drop first whilst being intoxicated. Almost as fun as seeing who could throwing knife someone blindfolded in Call of Duty!

Stikku

Useless things
Stop shitposting in my thread Raansu. If you hadn't noticed, I modified the original post to make a particular note of your horrible inability to communicate ideas while expecting anyone to agree with you when you can't issue facts that support your retarded off-the-wall claims.
On a side note it's selling/rating on par with the worlds highest selling fighting series, lulz.
Let me make it easier for you, DR2K.

Dead or Alive 5
Week Ending..................................Week................Weekly.............Change.........Total
29th September 2012................... 1........................ 121,315.............. N/A.............. 121,315
06th October 2012......................... 2........................ 20,132............... -83.4%.......... 141,447

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Week Ending..................................Week................Weekly..............Change.........Total
15th September 2012.................... 1....................... 161,042.............. N/A............... 161,042
22nd September 2012................... 2....................... 47,696................ -70.4%.......... 208,738
29th September 2012.................... 3....................... 24,559................ -48.5%.......... 233,297
06th October 2012.......................... 4....................... 16,797................ -31.6%.......... 250,094

In other words, no.

Worth noting is that TTT2 is a fantastic game, while DOA5 is not - so it's disappointing to see that TTT2 hasn't sold nearly as well as T6, and further heart-wrenching that DOA5 suffered only a measly 83% decrease in sales.

Seriously, liking DOA5 is counter-intuitive in every way that matters. You may as well kiss Team Ninja's boo-boo and tell them not to cry, despite Team Ninja being the ones that shot themselves in the foot. You're all far too involved to judge the game without bias.

Don't forget that DOA5 costs $60.
Don't forget that DOA5 was released in 2012 and has the content quality of a game released in 2008.
Don't forget that DOA5 is missing content that has been in the series until this game was released.
Don't forget that DOA5 is missing content it was expected to have, since it has been a tremendous 7 years since DOA4.
Don't forget that DOA5 is selling poorly, and is taking the attention away from Legitimately Good things.
Don't forget that DOA5 is a fucking scandal.

I know you don't give a shit but.
  1. DOA4 was more hype than DOA5
  2. Shitty matchmaking system copied from SSF4
  3. Ranks being meaningless
  4. Region filters
  5. Can't team up for tag with a friend on the same console even if they own DOA5 + online pass
  6. Online pass in general
  7. Random isn't actually random
  8. Full maps with ice that give advantage to people with spammable low attacks
  9. I don't like the guaranteed damage after Jann Lees 66T
  10. Critical burst stuff doesn't seem to fit the rock-paper-scissors gamestyle, more like a tekken-moment where u can do your musclememory-based combo
  11. No cool lobbies and avatar-stuff to buy
  12. Powerblow is straight out of SSF4 and has no real added value + it's lame that you can cancel out of it.
  13. It gets boring pretty fast (not sure if that's just for me)
  14. Achievements were fun and real in DOA4 where in DOA5 they are made for achievement-hunting douchebags who only buy games that have easy achievements
Also DOA4 was freaking awesome, I keep failing to understand what was so bad about that game. And pls don't gimme that holds were too strong because anybody with a half-ass mixup could abuse the holds + u chose to play it on normal.

EDIT: I was supposed to say why I think it's a good game didn't I... mah bad

daman077c

I'm more surprised Stikku hasn't been banned from this forum. If he was on SRK doing this in any of the Street Fighter or UMvC forums, they'd have banned him in an instant.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What is this thread for? It looks like a "Tell me why you think DOA5 is good and I will dispute it to the best of my abilities" thread.
Looks that way. I'm almost tempted to give an opinion that defies the rules of his OP just because.

Stikku

You're an angry man, Stikku.

Are you sure you're not just universally terrible at everything, and just trying to compensate by acting like a forum warrior?
Nothing wrong with being angry, Rikuto. You can't be a momma's boy all your life.

I'm more surprised Stikku hasn't been banned from this forum. If he was on SRK doing this in any of the Street Fighter or UMvC forums, they'd have banned him in an instant.
I've been banned from this site before, it was only recently just lifted, though I'm trying to keep conversation much more civil and refrain from attacking people based on their lies, and instead just post facts that contradict their claims.
I know you don't give a shit but.
  1. DOA4 was more hype than DOA5
  2. Shitty matchmaking system copied from SSF4
  3. Ranks being meaningless
  4. Region filters
  5. Can't team up for tag with a friend on the same console even if they own DOA5 + online pass
  6. Online pass in general
  7. Random isn't actually random
  8. Full maps with ice that give advantage to people with spammable low attacks
  9. I don't like the guaranteed damage after Jann Lees 66T
  10. Critical burst stuff doesn't seem to fit the rock-paper-scissors gamestyle, more like a tekken-moment where u can do your musclememory-based combo
  11. No cool lobbies and avatar-stuff to buy
  12. Powerblow is straight out of SSF4 and has no real added value + it's lame that you can cancel out of it.
  13. It gets boring pretty fast (not sure if that's just for me)
  14. Achievements were fun and real in DOA4 where in DOA5 they are made for achievement-hunting douchebags who only buy games that have easy achievements
Also DOA4 was freaking awesome, I keep failing to understand what was so bad about that game. And pls don't gimme that holds were too strong because anybody with a half-ass mixup could abuse the holds + u chose to play it on normal.

EDIT: I was supposed to say why I think it's a good game didn't I... mah bad
Well, I was only going to argue with you as to why your opinion might be misinformed if you listed reasons as to why you think it's good, but really - solid post. You acknowledged quite a few issues with DOA5, which is all I aim to bring considering most of the forum seems anally intent on hiding the fact that this game could in fact be another Red Herring after Ninja Gaiden 3.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Nothing wrong with being angry, Rikuto. You can't be a momma's boy all your life.

I've been banned from this site before, it was only recently just lifted, though I'm trying to keep conversation much more civil and refrain from attacking people based on their lies, and instead just post facts that contradict their claims.

Well, I was only going to argue with you as to why your opinion might be misinformed if you listed reasons as to why you think it's good, but really - solid post. You acknowledged quite a few issues with DOA5, which is all I aim to bring considering most of the forum seems anally intent on hiding the fact that this game could in fact be another Red Herring after Ninja Gaiden 3.

Do you actually know how to play the game?

Dave

Someone said it's a negative for the Virtua Fighter characters to play exactly like they do in Virtua Fighter. How is that a negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD