Why do you think DOA5 is a good game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stikku

I'll take it that the community has nothing good to say about DOA5 considering no proper ideas were brought to the table or debated correctly, instead only attacking me. I was hoping to have a decently long thread, but I guess that would have required DOA5 to have a wealth of good things to discuss about it. That being said, leave the thread open. Not everyone who visits FSD does so at the same time, we may as well give everyone an equal chance to debate intelligently or cast their stone.

daman077c

That being said, leave the thread open. Not everyone who visits FSD does so at the same time, we may as well give everyone an equal chance to debate intelligently or cast their stone.

You mean actually bring accurate facts and not the shit VGChartz site? That place is as bad as Fighters Generation.

Here's your problem, Stikku: You have no credibility. You haven't played the game, yet you spout off comments like you have. You try and use VGChartz as a source, which is like using Wikipedia for a high school or college paper; it isn't going to fly (You'd fail the paper in an instant), which is what you are doing right now: spouting shit that just isn't flying.

Blazeincarnated

I've updated the original post with esteeming guidelines.

A re-post of the OP, unedited, can be found here
image.jpg

do you not get it? no one cares

Berzerk!

Stikku, this thread is set up incorrectly for its purpose. You've set it up to ask people to prove a point that you wish to disprove. This is called a "claim to authority" and is a poor form of argument. It's no wonder nobody is convinced.

The implied claim is that DOA5 is NOT a good game and you want other people to come in and counter the implied claim, so you can then counter them.

Stating in your original post that you want people to use facts, then not using them yourself, is a big problem also.

If you wish to have a constructive discussion, please try having the courage to think through your arguments, make a statement with your supporting reasoning, and then stand by it. Claiming some imagined authority to downplay others statements, made in good faith about how they have received the game, is facetious. Your counters to each poster have been opinion based comparisons, not facts.

Anyone's impression of their play experience is going to have an element of subjectivity, but the clearest logic shown in this thread is the people who have said "X mechanic was poorly received in DOA4, and it improved in DOA5, therefore that helps make DOA5 a better game".

The counter hold system is a great example of this. It was considered to have too large an active window with a small recovery window and high damage. This is construable as opinion, but its fair to say this is the consensus of good players over its tournament lifetime. The lowering of damage and active window in DOA5 have lowered the impact of the hold so that other strategies are not overpowered by it. That's a reasonable statement of improvement that supports DOA5 being a better game, based on long held understanding of where the hold system was causing problems in DOA4.

That's as close to fact as you'll get, logic and experience based on consistent player feedback from actual tournament play.

I do not see any counter point that you have made which follows even basic logical reasoning to back up its assertions, or even if you have constructed a fully thought out set of assertions to make at all.

So to clear things up, can you please re-work your argument and rather than force other people on the defensive, make your own set of statements and back them up with reasoning and/or evidence.

If you cannot, I politely suggest you both put up and shut up.

DR2K

Keep it up. http://www.vgchartz.com/about.php

If there's an issue with me citing vgchartz to make the game out to be an example of something of poor quality, yet you have reason to believe that my numbers aren't correct and that the game is even worse than I know, then please correct me cause we can all only benefit from it.

I know you people want to hide that DOA5 is an awful game, but making false claims isn't the way to do it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82746/editorial-why-it-is-so-easy-to-blame-vgchartz/

From Vgchartz themselves.

is not based on comprehensive and direct retail tracking, but rather uses modern and alternative methods to quickly arrive at estimates, combined with a database of historical sales - constantly adjusted and tweaked to be as accurate as possible.

You lose.

TheTHCGamer

Why are we even bothering witht his topic and all this shit is doing is amusing Stikku. Ill put it real simple everyone has there reasons for liking a particular game or not liking it so why the fuck should it matter. Is it hurting anyone that we enjoy this game? Im not about to sit here stating every reason why i like this game or any other game for that matter unless its for other people who also enjoy the game that can relate.

I see what this topic is trying to do and all of us are strong enough to stand by our feelings. Your not going to convince me other people to feel the way you do. If you fucking go looking for a games flaws guess what your going to find them but most people who enjoy that said game are willing to look past those flaws (well maybe except for the netcode). Theres no such thing as a perfect game and that includes DOA5 however games good enough that im willing to look past it flaws.

Youve made your point before Stikku that your disappointed with DOA5 and now your just trying hard to convince people to feel the same way you do. Me personally if i dont like a game or stop caring for a game i just move onto one that i enjoy. It would be a waste of my time to try to convince people to feel the way i do and if they enjoy the game who to convince them that they shouldnt.

One other thing that bothers me is we are so early in this games life cycle and fighting games take so much time before we should be making judgments about how good they are. All im saying Stikku is give the game a chance and wait for a possible patch if you dont like the way it is now. If not find another game you enjoy and share your positive experience with that particular community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD