Not open for further replies.

Raansu

I know you don't give a shit but.
  • DOA4 was more hype than DOA5
Not really.
  • Shitty matchmaking system copied from SSF4
Then use the unranked lobbies.
  • Ranks being meaningless
Rank have always been meaningless, unless of course you think all those people in the top leaderboards who used the point glitch and all those SS point farmer's are legit players. I bounced around from SS to B+ to hanging around S for awhile then back to SS for years simply from just BSing online. That little letter next to your name doesn't mean shit.
  • Region filters
So select any if you want to play people world wide.
  • Can't team up for tag with a friend on the same console even if they own DOA5 + online pass
I'll give you this one. I hate tag but it was amusing in 4.
  • Online pass in general
I don't see the issue here.
  • Random isn't actually random
Sure it is. They just let you filter out stuff you don't like. Nothing wrong with it.
  • Full maps with ice that give advantage to people with spammable low attacks
DoA2U and DoA3 had a stage like that as well. This is nothing new.
  • I don't like the guaranteed damage after Jann Lees 66T
Then don't let him use the dragon gunner? It's pretty easy to stop.
  • Critical burst stuff doesn't seem to fit the rock-paper-scissors gamestyle, more like a tekken-moment where u can do your musclememory-based combo
Because having logical tools is so bad... If you like playing a game that is 100% random then go back to DoA4. Good luck finding any real competition since that game was trash.
  • No cool lobbies and avatar-stuff to buy
Waste of space and caused a lot of lag. Good riddance.
  • Powerblow is straight out of SSF4 and has no real added value + it's lame that you can cancel out of it.
No added value? Pulling off a CB into a power blow and throwing someone into an active environment such as the generator or the helicopter adds quite a lot of value and strategy to the game...I may have my issues with DoA5 but damn, at least learn the value of good mechanics in a game before you bash them.
  • It gets boring pretty fast (not sure if that's just for me)
Sorry to hear that.
  • Achievements were fun and real in DOA4 where in DOA5 they are made for achievement-hunting douchebags who only buy games that have easy achievements
Achievements are achievements. They didn't really differ all that much from DoA4 to 5 outside of not having grade achievements. You still had the costumes, time attack, survival, arcade achievements. I had 1k in DoA4 and I'll soon have 1k in DoA5. they arn't that difficult.

Also DOA4 was freaking awesome, I keep failing to understand what was so bad about that game. And pls don't gimme that holds were too strong because anybody with a half-ass mixup could abuse the holds + u chose to play it on normal.

DoA4 was a good casual game and a trash competitive game. Every single unique tool from DoA2 and 3 where completely removed in DoA4. It was 100% random and every character used the same strategy. The core mechanics were weak. No one wants to play a game like that competitively.

EDIT: I was supposed to say why I think it's a good game didn't I... mah bad

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
you mean you didn't want to play the game competitively. There were a few DOA4-centric competitions with a lot of money involved.

And nobody wanted to be there. At least, none of the people who were actually winning.

Kinda sucks when you go to a competition, win, and still feel like you wasted your time huh?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
And nobody wanted to be there. At least, none of the people who were actually winning.

Kinda sucks when you go to a competition, win, and still feel like you wasted your time huh?
-I wonder where he is getting this idea of grandeur about competitive Doa4. No one of status cared for the game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Because you mentioned "of status" his counter-argument will now probably be that the common man preferred DOA 4... which of course is a complete joke. It was pulling teeth to get anyone to travel for that game. Even when people were present for other games and signups were free we couldn't get people to play that trash.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Because of you mentioned "of status" his counter-argument will now probably be that the common man preferred DOA 4... which of course is a complete joke. It was pulling teeth to get anyone to travel for that game. Even when people were present for other games and signups were free we couldn't get people to play that trash.
-I knew that was the wrong word to use but I hit reply to soon lol. Yes, I remember all of that. <sarcasm>Such a great game that inspired so many others, there is such a surprise no one else wanted to bask in its glory<sarcasm/>

-Let me answer the question. Dead or Alive 5 is a good competitive fighter. It meets the requirements of what a good competitive fighter possess:
  • Solid Game play Mechanics.
  • Viable offensive options.
  • Viable defensive options.
  • Good mix of guaranteed setups and situations.
  • Good amount of Yomi.
  • Good balance between risk and reward.
  • Good amount of pressure from moves that provide frame advantage.
  • Character individuality.
-This is what I can think of off of my head.

Stikku

Because of you mentioned "of status" his counter-argument will now probably be that the common man preferred DOA 4... which of course is a complete joke. It was pulling teeth to get anyone to travel for that game. Even when people were present for other games and signups were free we couldn't get people to play that trash.
Didn't even come to mind you simpleton. DOA4 was regarded well, I've already proven it with facts across many posts in this forum. The idea that DOA4 wasn't regarded well exists solely in a few people who were rubbish at the game, and the majority of the forum posters will not say otherwise. You're just a blind as Raansu in this manner, but likely even more blind considering you got a hot-shot novelty sized check for $7,500 which you signed with your fucking internet handle. Again, you're far too involved to judge DOA5 properly without bias, especially because you think DOA5 is the next hot thing, when it was stillborn.

Scornwell

You are a fascinating individual, Stikku... Not saying that your arguments are good or bad, right or wrong, I'm just baffled by the fact that you spend such large amounts of time talking about a game you clearly hate in almost every way!
No one can convince you to like DOA5, but then again, I don't think you can convince anyone here not to...
Is someone paying you to do this!?
Capcom?
NAMCO?!

Stikku

So from the looks of it Stikku is nothing more than a troll. Anyone care to lock the thread and maybe re-ban him?
Don't test me. I bring nothing but facts, I'm not here to troll - but I will make fools of people who open their minds in the wrong way using simple sources to support my claims, which I have not been met with for counter-arguments.

Heck, as far as anyone is concerned, you're the troll for trying to derail the thread, lest you didn't even bother reading the original post. Hardly an excuse, regardless.

This is not a joke, people. DOA5 should be exponentially better than it is, and for anyone to like it or 'settle' for what it is, only encourages Team Ninja to continue making strides in failure.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've been banned from this site before, it was only recently just lifted

It actually was lifted the day after, you just never bothered to sign in or view the e-mail alerts that contain the message text from a conversation update to find out.

Stikku

It actually was lifted the day after, you just never bothered to sign in or view the e-mail alerts that contain the message text from a conversation update to find out.
No, I was IP banned. My account may have been unbanned, but my IP address was not. Perhaps that slipped past your moderation ability.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Didn't even come to mind you simpleton. DOA4 was regarded well, I've already proven it with facts across many posts in this forum. The idea that DOA4 wasn't regarded well exists solely in a few people who were rubbish at the game, and the majority of the forum posters will not say otherwise. You're just a blind as Raansu in this manner, but likely even more blind considering you got a hot-shot novelty sized check for $7,500 which you signed with your fucking internet handle. Again, you're far too involved to judge DOA5 properly without bias, especially because you think DOA5 is the next hot thing, when it was stillborn.

Someone sounds jealous.

Omegan Eckhart

I think you should give it up already, people here don't share your opinion and your desperation to make everyone think and feel the same way as you seems a little bit sad.

I don't know exactly what gives you the impression that you are in a position where you can enlighten anyone who believes that this game is good. Maybe you should consider that you're opinion is misinformed, it seems highly unlikely that you are correct here and everyone else, including the veteran players of DOA are wrong.

Souichiro

This is ridiculous. Every thread with an argument on whether something is wright about DOA5 quickly becomes a shitstorm of cursing across people who dont agree and/or have beef with each other. Like with the low hold thread. Why not lock it? Nothing constructive is gonna come out of this, i can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD