Why do you think DOA5 is a good game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stikku

We may as well keep one thread with all the stupid garbage in it if that's your honest opinion of whats going on here, rather than letting it bleed into every other thread. Locking it isn't going to change anything, and banning people for thinking DOA5 could and should be better (before any praise is given to Team Ninja or enjoyment derived from their game) doesn't make a community stronger, nor more credible.

I'll remind people in this thread that the only reason I even joined this site was because I was reading the forums and came across overtly fallacious claims about DOA4 being a bad game and no one enjoying it, or it not being a "tournament fighter." I don't think anyone who simply passes by FSD and sees posts like that would take this website seriously, unless after being irked that FSD is mentioned in the DOA5 credits.

No one blames FSD for DOA5 being bad, and no one should blame the community. It's Team Ninja's responsibility. They're a multi-million dollar development studio and they need to get their heads out of their asses, or at least the asses of the few people who go to tournaments for DOA on Team Ninja's false assumption they're the only worthwhile fans that matter.

Omegan Eckhart

We may as well keep one thread with all the stupid garbage in it if that's your honest opinion of whats going on here, rather than letting it bleed into every other thread. Locking it isn't going to change anything, and banning people for thinking DOA5 could and should be better (before any praise is given to Team Ninja or enjoyment derived from their game) doesn't make a community stronger, nor more credible.
Or we could just stop filling the forum with stupid threads that are obviously going to enter decline within a few minutes. We could also stop trying to force our views on people who do not welcome it.

Almost everyone is happy with how the game turned out, it could have been a bit better but it is overall a great game. Because of that Team Ninja does deserve some praise. If you don't like the game don't praise them, everyone else who is happy with the game is welcome to do so.

Honestly you remind me of one of those people who wears a sandwich board shouting at us about how the world is coming to an end due to abortion and the gays and how we should accept Jesus as our saviour before it's too late.

Souichiro

It's not a matter of honesty. You can all see what you are doing here withought me telling you. Banning people for saying they dont like DOA5 for whatever reason, NO. Banning people for cursing at other people simply because they dont agree with each other, YES. And i am not picking sides just to be on th clear about this. Oh and.. Its NOT gonna just bleed out. The low hold thread reached an amazing of 15 pages rofl.

Repent! The end is nigh!
Mad_Prophet.png

Mad prophet from mass effect 2
You may have died but we will remember you fondly:(

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This is ridiculous. Ever thread with an argument on whether something is wright about DOA5 quickly becomes a shitstorm of cursing across people who dont agree and/or have beef with each other. Like with the low hold thread. Why not lock it? Nothing constructive is gonna come out of this, i can tell.
Of course something constructive is coming out of this.

We're learning more about how Stikku reacts to games he's personally never played. Except now, he's showing his theatrical persona with big bolded letters, and throwing personal insults at Rikuto, to boot! It's rather educational, and not to mention a fun way for us to know better than to take him seriously.

Turn that frown upside down and enjoy the show while it lasts... =)

Stikku

Don't be butt frustrated when DOA5 isn't at Evo.

doa5logo.jpg

In this thread, I would like to hear input from many users as to why you think
Dead or Alive 5 is a good game or an improvement over DOA4 / DOA:D.

Please keep posts concise and logical*, and refrain from referencing the new graphics.

I will respond to each claim as concisely and logically as I can, and encourage others who may see differently to address claims as well.
* Raansu

Stikku

VGchartz is a guess based, like DOA4. It's a reputable site as much as DOA4 is a legitimate fighter.
Why don't you do something worthwhile and find a legitamate source that supports your claims. This isn't a discussion, this is about what's fact and what isn't. You can't counter a fact with something that isn't, you need a stronger fact - but just like DOA4, it seems you need me to tell you how to play this game as well, considering you're so clueless.

DR2K

Why don't you do something worthwhile and find a legitamate source that supports your claims. This isn't a discussion, this is about what's fact and what isn't. You can't counter a fact with something that isn't, you need a stronger fact - but just like DOA4, it seems you need me to tell you how to play this game as well.

I have media creat numbers in this thread and metacrtic numbers as well. That's all there is.

SuperPaperMario-MessageBoards.jpg

Stikku

Just take the day off, man. You're obviously unaware how serious this is.
By the way, metacritic is not a sales chart. I posted the same review of DOA5 on metacritic as well, on both the PS3 and Xbox360 versions, and despite laying out factually what the game is actually missing, there are an inane amount of downvotes on my reviews. Metacritic is about as viable a source as social networking, or rather - you posting nonsense on a Dead or Alive forum.

Just to clarify, I'm implying it's not a viable source.

Crystic

I don't think this is serious at all. In fact, I think this is the epitome of non-seriousness. You have got to be one of the best trolls I've seen in a long time.

DR2K

Just take the day off, man. You're obviously unaware how serious this is.
By the way, metacritic is not a sales chart. I posted the same review of DOA5 on metacritic as well, on both the PS3 and Xbox360 versions, and despite laying out factually what the game is actually missing, there are an inane amount of downvotes on my reviews. Metacritic is about as viable a source as social networking, or rather - you posting nonsense on a Dead or Alive forum.

Just to clarify, I'm implying it's not a viable source.

You used to word critically. So I used critics. The only only source with hard numbers is media create. Why aren't you playing DOA4? Sidesteps and parries man!

Stikku

You used to word critically. So I used critics. The only only source with hard numbers is media create. Why aren't you playing DOA4? Sidesteps and parries man!
Citing only MediaCreate and not cross referencing makes DOA5 look worse than the numbers I've already posted, which represent a global market unlike that strictly Japanese website. If that's what you're goal is to do, then by all means I wont stop you.

DR2K

Citing only MediaCreate and not cross referencing makes DOA5 look worse than the numbers I've already posted, which represent a global market unlike that strictly Japanese website. If that's what you're goal is to do, then by all means I wont stop you.

It's the only source with legitimate numbers at the moment. VGchartz makes up their numbers then readjusts them when a real source comes out with numbers. Facts generally aren't your forte here.

Stikku

It's the only source with legitimate numbers at the moment. VGchartz makes up their numbers then readjusts them when a real source comes out with numbers. Facts generally aren't your forte here.
Keep it up. http://www.vgchartz.com/about.php

If there's an issue with me citing vgchartz to make the game out to be an example of something of poor quality, yet you have reason to believe that my numbers aren't correct and that the game is even worse than I know, then please correct me cause we can all only benefit from it.

This word you keep using. Fact. I don't think it means what you think it means.
I know you people want to hide that DOA5 is an awful game, but making false claims isn't the way to do it.

ookamunka

Dude. Open your eyes. Everything out of your mouth is either wrong, and everyone disagrees with you, or your opinion, and everyone disagrees with you. I dunno what sort of mental podium you have put yourself upon to thinks what you are saying is absolute, but it's rather cultish that what you are saying you truly believe is fact that cannot be disputed. DOA5 wasn't what you were expecting. Move on. It's in the right direction for what the rest of us are expecting. You are looking for something completely different in the game than everyone here is, so trying to argue why it's bad is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD