"You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" The Lisa Strategy thread

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Well I would apologize for the triple post but as you can see......this thread isnt exactly seeing much discussion

Have we already drained out the patch juice? is there nothing worth mentioning found yet?

Kinda crazy when the "Why is Lisa White Now?" thread is more active

/rant

Anyways, I have a nifty little BT :P+K: setup I did by accident during casuals this past friday

NH :P+K:(or any of its variants) :1::P::P: BT :P+K: , or, if they arent getting up, use :8::P::+::K:

Side Note: Back Dash at least once before attempting a splash(BT :P+K:) after :1::P::P:. Just in case the opponent tries to back roll away

synce

Honestly I haven't played much of 1.03 since I can't go on PSN. Maybe by March the patch will be available to Xbox-only people that, you know, supported Tecmo for the past decade >_>

I did play some PS3 versus though and tried applying some of the newer strategies to 1.02 on Live. Wasn't having too much success with a raw 66PP but I was shocked at how many people don't SE when hit by H+K. Anyway 9K may give 1P a run for its money as my most abused move in 1.03

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Honestly I haven't played much of 1.03 since I can't go on PSN. Maybe by March the patch will be available to Xbox-only people that, you know, supported Tecmo for the past decade >_>

I did play some PS3 versus though and tried applying some of the newer strategies to 1.02 on Live. Wasn't having too much success with a raw 66PP but I was shocked at how many people don't SE when hit by H+K. Anyway 9K may give 1P a run for its money as my most abused move in 1.03

its fine man i was just a little on edge for a bit ^_^

phoenix1985gr

You remember the glitch that affects SE right? :p

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Well I would apologize for the triple post but as you can see......this thread isnt exactly seeing much discussion

Have we already drained out the patch juice? is there nothing worth mentioning found yet?

Kinda crazy when the "Why is Lisa White Now?" thread is more active

/rant

Anyways, I have a nifty little BT :P+K: setup I did by accident during casuals this past friday

NH :P+K:(or any of its variants) :1::P::P: BT :P+K: , or, if they arent getting up, use :8::P::+::K:

Side Note: Back Dash at least once before attempting a splash(BT :P+K:) after :1::P::P:. Just in case the opponent tries to back roll away

alright screw the side note, Gruffy has a better idea, albeit a very simple one that I shouldve like thought up from the get-go

Just use the splash feint(BT:P+K::h:~:P+K:/:H+P:) that no one ever uses

synce

Good stuff there. BTW has anyone found a use for sidestep P+K? It just seems like a great way to get yourself in a BT stun lol

Batcommander

Good stuff there. BTW has anyone found a use for sidestep P+K? It just seems like a great way to get yourself in a BT stun lol
I like it a lot tbh, this is probably the new move i play around with the most. It's good for mind games, as the options from BT are so good now. SS P+K 2P or even just BT backdash are good ways to mess with opponents. Also, i think attacks from SS BT are faster than regular SS attacks, but someone correct me if my math is wrong.

On another note, just thought i'd drop another shenanigan for KKK. Yes, this move is slow, sidsteppable, etc. But it is also safe on block, has followups, and SE proof.

If you manage to knock an opponent down with the second K, the third K can force tech the opponent for +37 if they don't tech roll. If they do tech roll, use one of the 9k followups.
ex: CH 1PK, KK(opponent gets knocked down)K + additional followup

edit: Something else i forgot: If you ever force tech somebody with 9K, 9K into splash feint will have Lisa flip over their heads, but the followup splash or throw will have her jump backward to the opponent! Pretty neat, this is how splash feint should work 100% of the damn time!

Also, anybody playing with PKK4 after a 44throw? If you manage to land it you are at threshold and can do BT7P for CB combo.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I like it a lot tbh, this is probably the new move i play around with the most. It's good for mind games, as the options from BT are so good now. SS P+K 2P or even just BT backdash are good ways to mess with opponents. Also, i think attacks from SS BT are faster than regular SS attacks, but someone correct me if my math is wrong.

On another note, just thought i'd drop another shenanigan for KKK. Yes, this move is slow, sidsteppable, etc. But it is also safe on block, has followups, and SE proof.

If you manage to knock an opponent down with the second K, the third K can force tech the opponent for +37 if they don't tech roll. If they do tech roll, use one of the 9k followups.
ex: CH 1PK, KK(opponent gets knocked down)K + additional followup

edit: Something else i forgot: If you ever force tech somebody with 9K, 9K into splash feint will have Lisa flip over their heads, but the followup splash or throw will have her jump backward to the opponent! Pretty neat, this is how splash feint should work 100% of the damn time!

Also, anybody playing with PKK4 after a 44throw? If you manage to land it you are at threshold and can do BT7P for CB combo.

Ive been trying to use the SS~BT but I always seem to get screwed over before i can do anything lol.

now I never thought about :4::4::T:~:P::K::K::4: gotta try that out later

Batcommander

Ive been trying to use the SS~BT but I always seem to get screwed over before i can do anything lol.

now I never thought about :4::4::H+P:~:P::K::K::4: gotta try that out later
Hmm, i guess it really depends on what move you sidestep; i wouldn't try it if you're SS during a string or something for example, but during big moves, it can be pretty effective.

Hey guys, were you aware that we can now crush wakeup kicks? If you use a move that does more than 20 damage at the right time, you can now beat a wakeup kick.

I haven't tested it yet, but i wonder if this will make body splash really good on wakeup?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Hmm, i guess it really depends on what move you sidestep; i wouldn't try it if you're SS during a string or something for example, but during big moves, it can be pretty effective.

Hey guys, were you aware that we can now crush wakeup kicks? If you use a move that does more than 20 damage at the right time, you can now beat a wakeup kick.

I haven't tested it yet, but i wonder if this will make body splash really good on wakeup?
still sucks against low wake up not sure about mid though

synce

1H+K destroys mid wakeups in 1.04... timing is a little trickier on low kicks though. I'm not sure I want to gamble on someone teching body splash either so I'll probably stick with 8T for now :lisa:

Batcommander

Did some testing, and yeah, crushing wakeup kicks is pretty tough. Against mid, i've had the most success with F+K and qcf P. Against low, 9K as usual. You can use 9K to beat mid kick too, but the timing is difficult. 6K can beat both mid and low kick wakeup, but the timing is tough.

I am glad we have this, though i will not necessarily be using it.

I haven't played any matches lately, but have you guys had any success using splash feint to cross over grounded opponents instead of the usual 8throw? ex: 8p, then splash feint. You should be able to get more advantage from this, but i have to test it.

Tones

Premium Donor
You can whiff punish any kick with 6p and 236p.

Best stay with moves that have 3 active frames to beat out kicks. I think 4k+f will be the easiest thing to time.

Splash feint cross... how does it work for you when they are backed wall? For myself, I use it more as a bait than anything. Splash feint into throw works well though.

McNamara

yeah thats the body splash lol

Yeah, I know, but I don`t have ps3 and I haven´t tried the patch, so I guess that movement cancels the wake up kick, am I right?

But if the opponent techs, but doesn´t sidestep I´ll get a huge guard break, no?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD