"You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" The Lisa Strategy thread

Tones

Premium Donor
Has anyone tried :4::P::K::K: after a normal :P::+::K:?

its not a guaranteed FT but when it does hit it leaves Lisa at +9 and pretty damn close to the opponent

Also, :2::K:, :2::K: leaves you much closer to the opponent than the :2::P:, :2::K: I previously suggested while still being at +17 after :6::h::+::K:

but of course thats if these things hit

EDIT: :6::h::+::K: :2::K:,:2::K:/:2::P:,:2::K: is indeed guaranteed to finish if you get the timing down (tested it out with multiple players)

Also :P::+::K: :4::P::K::K: is throw punishable if they tech, so either Stop after :4::P: for +1 or :4::P::K: for neutral if you predict a tech coming
Why do you insist on that? 6k+f 6k+f does more damage you any difference of frame isn't worth it because of the counter/hold system.

Tones

Premium Donor
Nah you got the right idea, just keep other things in mind.

Like the whole k+f thing. On the most part it's pointless but it is handy to know. If you can get them to drop fuzzy guard and near a wall, or to attack out of BT, then you're gold.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Nah you got the right idea, just keep other things in mind.

Like the whole k+f thing. On the most part it's pointless but it is handy to know. If you can get them to drop fuzzy guard and near a wall, or to attack out of BT, then you're gold.
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the lab more often these days trying to find some nasty stuff with Lisa so that I can report back to you guys with some ideas on some possibly viable stuff. ^_^ But yeah, I see your point. I was just looking for options to make the pseudo ft worth the attempt and whatnot. I will continue to look for new stuff though, and incorporate some of the current stuff we have with it also.

Tones

Premium Donor
I get all my ideas from watching people play and by screwing around online. Then take that back to the lab.

Batcommander

The new buffs to 9KP and its variants led me back to the lab to look at some stuff.

Did you guys know that CH :K::K::P: will leave you at +2 and in BT? On normal, you will be at -2.

This is pretty sweet, because KK on its own grants a tremendous amount of stun (+27), in fact the stun it grants can only be SE'd to +19 on fastest. Even better, if the opponent tries to SE, KKK is guaranteed.

Obviously, KKP is shit on block, but it gives a new mixup to consider with KK; KKK or KKP (or any followup of your choice, really). Depending on if the opponent holds, you will have even more advantage with KKP.

If i'm understanding the patch notes correctly, the jumping elbow (9kp, 9pp, etc) lets you move 10 frames faster if canceled into BT. Well, it is -5 on block, so i assume it will become +5 on block now?

Can't wait to try out the new changes.

edit: did you guys know that BT jumping heavy attack (8P+K) will hit airborne opponents? lol

Tones

Premium Donor
All vertical kicks can no longer be tech-rolled. That's a buff to 9k, 6k+f, 4k+f, 7k. It's asking for Yomi and techtraps by the sounds of it.

and she can now got BT from a sidestep and before the game starts.

She lost her get up k+f game. Which is okay since it only worked if they didn't slow escape after BT2p.

Batcommander

All vertical kicks can no longer be tech-rolled. That's a buff to 9k, 6k+f, 4k+f, 7k. It's asking for Yomi and techtraps by the sounds of it.

and she can now got BT from a sidestep and before the game starts.

She lost her get up k+f game. Which is okay since it only worked if they didn't slow escape after BT2p.

Mr. Wah clarified this; it only applies to axe kicks like Bass and Tina's wheel kick, Hitomi's 3F+K, etc. Lisa's 6F+K already caused untechable, so it won't really affect her that much i think.

But with that said, i wonder if this will work with the oft forgotten :K::K::6::K: ?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Mr. Wah clarified this; it only applies to axe kicks like Bass and Tina's wheel kick, Hitomi's 3F+K, etc. Lisa's 6F+K already caused untechable, so it won't really affect her that much i think.

But with that said, i wonder if this will work with the oft forgotten :K::K::6::K: ?

i really hope so man lol i havent found much use for it yet, personally, but i have it up my sleeve for those guy looking for :K::K::K: ;)

Batcommander

i really hope so man lol i havent found much use for it yet, personally, but i have it up my sleeve for those guy looking for :K::K::K: ;)
yeah me too! BUT, if i remember correctly, it may not work because KK on an airborne opponent causes them to sink like a rock -_- Interestingly enough, K2K can work (sometimes) as a force tech on an airborne opponent, but the sacrifice in damage is completely not worth it.

But we'll see come Tuesday!

synce

I feel the excitement, already got some nasty ideas I can't wait to try in 1.03.... This stuff I got in mind is RAW. AS. ASS.

23220639.jpg

At worst I feel like 1.03 Lisa will be mid-high tier but high is very likely. She's got a deadly mixup with her multiple stances, unholdables, GBs, CBs, you name it. Combine it with her damage output and, well...

Just remember, we're the kids who used Lisa before it was cool!

Batcommander

lol synce

the hp nerf is a huge buff to Lisa, as well as the sidestep buff. People hardly sidestep in the game as it is; hopefully they will now, and this will benefit us hugely since 2/3 of Lisa's moveset tracks. ;)

Batcommander

In DOA4 you could do this from front facing too. It's been changed to her tag version now which in DOA4 could juggle for a wall hit, when of course she was tagged in.
interesting info, thanks ailing. I wonder if shenanigans would be possible, especially since it got a huge damage boost. I will definitely be playing around with this now.

Batcommander

Was playing around last night, found out that :P+K: is actually a good launcher after landing a Critical Burst. It does the same damage as your other launchers and gives the same height, but with the added advantage of carrying the opponent farther than the other launchers. In fact, you can walk forward a little bit (moreso in 1.03 with 5 more frames being added to the CB stun) and push the opponent even farther before pressing :P+K:.

For max wall carry, try CB!, :P+K:, :6::P::8::K:, :7::K::6_::P+K: . This is character specific tho, you might have to substitute :4::P::K: in lieu of :6::P::8::K:.

synce

Hopped online for the first time in a while and wouldn't you know it there's suddenly a bunch of Lisa's... but none of them seem to know what they're doing yet :confused:

phoenix1985gr

There where always a bunch of them... (in psn shes one of the most used char from my experience but only a few use her good)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD