"You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" The Lisa Strategy thread

Batcommander

yeah man I was messing with her guardbreaks lately also which is why im presenting all of these random setups and whatnot xD

gotta help out my fellow lisa mainers with ideas and expanding.

btw is 6H+K her only move that can guarantee a FT? ive been messing around with her moves and that seems to be the only one so far.

Added to that. you can FT with 2P, 2K for +17 after landing the 6H+K
Yeah, that move is the only one that can cause a hard knockdown; everything else can be tech rolled. Don't use 2P, 2K, because the opponent can tech after getting hit by 2P.

Use :P+K: to force them up, you get around the same advantage.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Yeah, that move is the only one that can cause a hard knockdown; everything else can be tech rolled. Don't use 2P, 2K, because the opponent can tech after getting hit by 2P.

Use :P+K: to force them up, you get around the same advantage.

are you sure man? i had the cpu set to always tech but they never teched the 2P for some reason.....it always let me finish.

im still gonna use P+K though :)

Tones

Premium Donor
You can press 4 after a delay to put them in frame advantage and to hump the ground.

Looks funny, so I'm going to use it.

Batcommander

are you sure man? i had the cpu set to always tech but they never teched the 2P for some reason.....it always let me finish.

im still gonna use P+K though :)
The opponent can wakeup kick after getting hit by either 2P or 2k while grounded. I think a ground attack is guaranteed though, but you'd give up any advantage and have to deal with a possible wakeup attack afterwards.

edit: i'd like to bring up something interesting off topic. If an opponent blocks :9::K: or it lands a normal hit, going for feint splash, then splash attack will have Lisa flip over them, then flip backwards toward them in the splash. It is very confusing to the opponent and hard to counter or sidestep properly. The bad news is that if they move forward at all, you will end up body splashing behind them and be at disadvantage. It'd be nice if splash feint went over opponent's heads all the time! :mad:

Still, a rather confusing tactic to consider.

Chaos

Was playing around with body splash today. A few things:

The farther you land a guard break, the more advantage you get. This goes for all her guard breaks, and it probably works for other characters i'm sure. Landing the splash so that the legs hit the opponent can land you up to +23. :eek:

Blocked :P+K: and :6::F+K: can get +7 at the right distance. This does not work for :2::F+K:, which will only give a +6 guard break up close; from farther away, it doesn't guard break and leaves you at -12.

To get the most of your +17, free cancel the splash by tapping :h: as she is falling. Doing so will allow you to land a counter hit :1::P:, upping your damage potential.

If you don't free cancel, the game will register any backwards input as :4_: , and will put you in BT stance, which only gives +7.

While you can't land the hop kick, you can land :4::P::6::K: (one of Lisa's forgotten moves, lol) , which does the same thing. You need to free cancel to make it work.
Thanks for giving us tips on how to us :lisa: properly & when I go through one of these tournaments I will definitely make sure I'll
give her some love & attention. ;) oh btw her booty bump is awesome & sometimes it turns me on........yea....yeah it sounds creepy I know but I don't care, what are you gonna to do about it LOL. XD

Batcommander

Thanks for giving us tips on how to us :lisa: properly & when I go through one of these tournaments I will definitely make sure I'll
give her some love & attention. ;) oh btw her booty bump is awesome & sometimes it turns me on........yea....yeah it sounds creepy I know but I don't care, what are you gonna to do about it LOL. XD
Aw, you're welcome dude :)

I wouldn't say i'm teaching anyone how to play Lisa properly, but i do like sharing whatever i come across with the Lisa community, no matter how useless (or useful ;)) it may be.
What about ppp splash?
It doesn't seem to work on block, and on hit, i believe it will only work in closed stance (or open, i forget which is which). Either way, if she ends up smacking the opponent toward the background, the feint won't move behind them:mad:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Has anyone tried :4::P::K::K: after a normal :P::+::K:?

its not a guaranteed FT but when it does hit it leaves Lisa at +9 and pretty damn close to the opponent

Also, :2::K:, :2::K: leaves you much closer to the opponent than the :2::P:, :2::K: I previously suggested while still being at +17 after :6::h::+::K:

but of course thats if these things hit

EDIT: :6::h::+::K: :2::K:,:2::K:/:2::P:,:2::K: is indeed guaranteed to finish if you get the timing down (tested it out with multiple players)

Also :P::+::K: :4::P::K::K: is throw punishable if they tech, so either Stop after :4::P: for +1 or :4::P::K: for neutral if you predict a tech coming

Batcommander

its not a guaranteed FT but when it does hit it leaves Lisa at +9 and pretty damn close to the opponent

Also, :2::K:, :2::K: leaves you much closer to the opponent than the :2::P:, :2::K: I previously suggested while still being at +17 after :6::h::+::K:

Pretty interesting find Gruff :) Glad to see you're still trying to find stuff! It's quite fun lol.

Tones

Premium Donor
Also :P::+::K: :4::P::K::K: is throw punishable if they tech, so either Stop after :4::P: for +1 or :4::P::K: for neutral if you predict a tech coming
Or 9k or OH if they are going to tech roll after a p+k. Otherwise work the frame advantage (p+k, 6k+f, 3pp, 6ppp) after a landed p+k.

Gruff757

Standard Donor

EDIT: :6::h::+::K: :2::K:,:2::K:/:2::P:,:2::K: is indeed guaranteed to finish if you get the timing down (tested it out with multiple players)

:lisa: The :6::h::+::K: is slow as molasses, but the reward to you, if it hits, is like Cherry Pie to me!

:6::h::+::K: :2::K:,:2::K: / :2::P:,:2::K: can be followed up with a nice mixup of:

CH :6::P::8::K: ~ Juggle

(CH) :6::h::+::K: ~ Restart FT situation

CH :7::K: if close enough

CAR. :H+P: (this one kinda happens randomly when attempting :6::6::H+P: sometimes)

:6::6::H+P:

:8::H+P:

:3::H+P:, :H+P: if close enough ~ Juggle

try following up from a successful 1K FT(+15) to pressure with the :6::h::+::K: once in a while

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Comparing Lisa's leg drop with Bass and Tina's:

I'm aware that the frame data is a little off due to the 2 frame thing. but yeah

Lisa:
Flying Leg Drop
28 Frames
28 Damage

Bass:
Front Roll Kick
24 Frames
28 Damage

Tina:
Front Roll Kick
19 Frames
28 Damage

updated previous post btw

Tones

Premium Donor
Tina's is more deadly because she can do if from 2p+k (k). Very viable option to crush their low wake up kick. 2p+kp tracks and you can always mix her while standing 64 throw in there.

They all guarantee another 6k+f for a forced getup.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
:lisa: The :6::h::+::K: is slow as molasses, but the reward to you, if it hits, is like Cherry Pie to me!

:6::h::+::K: :2::K:,:2::K: / :2::P:,:2::K: can be followed up with a nice mixup of:

CH :6::P::8::K: ~ Juggle

(CH) :6::h::+::K: ~ Restart FT situation

CH :7::K: if close enough

CAR. :H+P: (this one kinda happens randomly when attempting :6::6::H+P: sometimes)

:6::6::H+P:

:8::H+P:

:3::H+P:, :H+P: if close enough ~ Juggle

try following up from a successful 1K FT(+15) to pressure with the :6::h::+::K: once in a while

During the FT situation, the Follow Up :2::K: will whiff if the :6::h::+::K: hits from max range so be careful. and hope like hell your opponent doesnt capitalize on it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD