Your General Complaints about DoA and Other Fighting Games?

Argentus

In a sense, both did. The Ninja Gaiden series started on the NES as a series of infamously (and often rather cheesily) difficult platformers. Hayabusa was then included in DoA as a sort of cameo for people who played the NES games, and he became rather popular, resulting in them making the modern Ninja Gaiden series.

It can happen unintentionally. For example, in Senran Kagura (up until EV, the second game with competitive multiplayer), pretty much everything can be cancelled with a dash. Everything. Jumping, attacking, parrying, you name it, you could probably dash cancel it, the only real exceptions being ninpo and dashes themselves (and even then, some characters COULD cancel dashes with dashes, allowing them to move at insane speeds). This causes quite a bit of unintended side-effects, such as being able to dash cancel attacks before they even come out, or cancelling a jump before you actually leave the ground, thus being able to jump again, which you can cancel...basically letting you dash indefinitely. It's a great example of how just a bit too little thought into one mechanic can completely wreck a game's balance.
Similar thing happened with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm starting with 3. They added cancel dashes, where you can cancel any and all animations to bumrush and stun the opponent. The problem is it was so fast it beats out everything else in the game so all tools go out the window and the only option is for both players to spam cancel dash till someone runs out of meter.

Lulu

Similar thing happened with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm starting with 3. They added cancel dashes, where you can cancel any and all animations to bumrush and stun the opponent. The problem is it was so fast it beats out everything else in the game so all tools go out the window and the only option is for both players to spam cancel dash till someone runs out of meter.

Might Guy's Dash when he opens the Gate Of Joy is a throbbing pain in my ass..... its like Marie "Totally 18" Rose's Side Step... on steroids. When I play as Might Guy I don't even need to use Substitution Guage anymore....

I'l give Cyber Connect 2 credit for Capturing the feel of opening the 8 inner Gates but damn it was way too over powered compared to Rock Lee's version.

Argentus

Might Guy's Dash when he opens the Gate Of Joy is a throbbing pain in my ass..... its like Marie "Totally 18" Rose's Side Step... on steroids. When I play as Might Guy I don't even need to use Substitution Guage anymore....

I'l give Cyber Connect 2 credit for Capturing the feel of opening the 8 inner Gates but damn it was way too over powered compared to Rock Lee's version.
the Raikage and 4th Hokage have the same issue. Instant movements in released mode.

Lulu

the Raikage and 4th Hokage have the same issue. Instant movements in released mode.

I hardly played those 2.... but The 4th was all kinds of fun when I did. :)

Oh and BEST BOSS FIGHTS EVER !!! Ya know.... as far as fighting/competitive games go.
I wish the PvP was just as asymmetrical.

Argentus

I hardly played those 2.... but The 4th was all kinds of fun when I did. :)

Oh and BEST BOSS FIGHTS EVER !!! Ya know.... as far as fighting/competitive games go.
I wish the PvP was just as asymmetrical.
That would be awesome.

The first UNS at least had the Ultimates be just as insane. Had to be cut down when they were brought back in Generations, though. People complained they went on too long.

Though I respond with "It's supposed to be a finisher, quit trying to spam the ultimate, idiot!"

Lulu

That would be awesome.

The first UNS at least had the Ultimates be just as insane. Had to be cut down when they were brought back in Generations, though. People complained they went on too long.

Though I respond with "It's supposed to be a finisher, quit trying to spam the ultimate, idiot!"

LoL... exactly.... who opens with an Ultimate Jutsu.... that just kills the tension and excitement....

I think the team battles were some of the more interesting ones....

Argentus

LoL... exactly.... who opens with an Ultimate Jutsu.... that just kills the tension and excitement....

I think the team battles were some of the more interesting ones....
oh god no.

everyone picked the uchihas or rasengans and just spammed the shit out of perfect setups with assists.

When I played, it was with friends, and we went by three "rules" to keep it fun

1) Singles
2) Ultimates are reserved for finishers
3) No cancel dashing.

Lulu

oh god no.

everyone picked the uchihas or rasengans and just spammed the shit out of perfect setups with assists.

When I played, it was with friends, and we went by three "rules" to keep it fun

1) Singles
2) Ultimates are reserved for finishers
3) No cancel dashing.

LoL I hardly played it with Friends, I not when we could team up in DoA's tag mode...... and Yep the Rasengan is a great assist move... you could get up to all sorts of shenanigans by using assists... even if it's just for distractions.

Chapstick

Difficult execution is my complaint. I feel like it makes games less accessible when there are so many other things you have to learn on top of just frame inputs. DOA's pretty lenient with a few exceptions (Raijin) which is one of the reasons I like it so much.

My other complaint is the online community has so many bad attitudes but that's pretty much the case for any game with online. I of course have met cool people but the majority is rude. Kicking, ragequitting, cursing people out on mics and in the chatboxes, racist/homophobic insults, sending messages including voice ones now, all that. Over what? A video game

tumblr_mk1ermiEdo1qja3x0o1_400.gif

d3v

I'l just copy and paste this until you read it carefully:
Besides I never said that should be the case. And I'm pretty sure I brought up that very same extremism argument earlier in the thread, I was hoping by stating it right from the get go that thats not what any player wanted that nobody would try to use that as a counter argument.... and I should not have had to do it in the first place. If go into forum about Fuel abd said "Gas is way to expensive".... I'm pretty sure nobody is thinking I meant that I want free gas.... I mean I would.... but Castrol's or BP's response to that wouldn't be "Well we can't just give it to you for free".

I'l also go on to say I never said anything about Ryu's Hadoken.... near as I can tell theres nothing wrong with the required input for executing it. I do however take issue with a game that has more buttons than I do have fingers to press them with. And thats just on the arcade control scheme..... I'm pretty sure theres more console versions of the game out there than there are arcade versions yet its still primarily designed around the six button arcade set up and on a pad you only have 2 Fingers to spare......

How are you going to do these fireballs at difference at 4 different speeds ? Well... to put it quite simply.... you don't. Perhaps you can use one of the numerous other tools Ryu has Intead of using Fire Ball Traps exclusively to win the fight. Assuming high level play is about strategy and mind games like you said instead of First Order Optimal Strategies and Battles of Attrition that people are currently using Fireballs For.
The six button control scheme plus multiple versions of normals and specials all have a purpose. Taking them out would basically not make the game Street Fighter. The best Street Fighter games are all about mid range poking, and the best of those are the ones where you are required to use different pokes for different occasions. Not everybody has the same pokes, but at the same time, they have pokes that can be used for specific occasions. Learning to use these and deal with these is part of what makes Street Fighter interesting. Remember, a big part of Street Fighter is space control, which includes controlling space with pokes and not just projectiles. It's something that 3D fighters, with their bigger emphasis on time control (frame data, etc.) do not have.
Sigh..... Why do they need to Have That specific Risk in the first place ? Ontop of the normal and acceptible risks of a move being slow on start up, unsafe on block and anticipated by the opponent..... why the hell does the move not coming out at all be part of that risk ?
You fail to remember that command grabs come out very fast. In some games, they come out in 1 frame. Command grab supers on the other hand usually cannot be reacted to after the flash.
First of all... its not 1999 anymore.... back in the day when the "gamer" stereotype was more true than it is today..... 2nd of all..... we no longer use the same peripherals we used in SF2... games are designed for whatever controllers people have on the consoles they bought...... appearently Capcom never got the memo, they keep kept designing their games as if it's still the 90's and Retro Fitting that design on to the modern controller, you might think thats considerate of them but compared to what other developers do to keep up with the times and actually pay attention long enough to notice the majority of people don't play in arcades anymore....then Capcom is lazy by comparison. Hell I and everybody else I know played MK2 and SF2 on the home console back then so even by 90's Standards that shit is still stupid and inconsiderate.
People can play on pad just fine. Last I checked, last years Evo champion played on pad. However, in every competitive gaming exercise/eSport, there are peripherals designed to enhance play that top players use. Just take a look at SCUF controllers with paddles on the back, or specially build "gaming keyboards" with mechanical keys.

On top of that, arcade sticks mean that players don't have to adapt to each consoles controllers. Just the shape, layour and feel of a controller has a big impact on how people perform. With the base arcade stick layout, players can play on the same thing no matter what console they're on.
And lastly.... I'm not advocating Balances changes.... I'm advocating Input Execution Changes.... if they want to have all their "Emergent Techniques" then they can have them but for the sake of being fair patch an input method that allows these techniques to be executed by the people who didn't discover them...... if they can't be bothered to do that then patch them out. Either way the playing field remains fair. Anybody who argues against this is not "Playing To Win".... their just assholes who don't care how the win no matter how unbalanced the game may be.... or who knows... maybe its the samething.

Its not unreasonable to believe that if you focus your efforts on "Playing To Win" long enough, you might lose sight of what Balance and Fairness actually is and get your panties all in bunch when a developer wants fix that very problem in a patch so you that you're no longer part of the select few People who can pull off powerfull moves.... or so that you can no longer use those powerfuls moves against people incapable of doing the same.
Didn't I already point out that they have. It just so happens that they don't usually do this during a game's specific installment. The issue is that this kind of major change can change the game alot to the point where it might not even be the same game at all.

Lulu

The six button control scheme plus multiple versions of normals and specials all have a purpose. Taking them out would basically not make the game Street Fighter. The best Street Fighter games are all about mid range poking, and the best of those are the ones where you are required to use different pokes for different occasions. Not everybody has the same pokes, but at the same time, they have pokes that can be used for specific occasions. Learning to use these and deal with these is part of what makes Street Fighter interesting. Remember, a big part of Street Fighter is space control, which includes controlling space with pokes and not just projectiles. It's something that 3D fighters, with their bigger emphasis on time control (frame data, etc.) do not have.

The game was built on a shakey foundation to begin with..... Street Fighter not being "Street Fighter" may not be a bad thing since the game has always been unintuitive, inaccessible and sometimes just plain stupid from the very start..... I'm definitely not going to miss that.

Anyway to say 3D Fighters just flatout don't have Space Control is just plain wrong, you can most definitely own and control the space assuming you picked a character that can..... its a different type of game therefore its done in a different way. And as far as I can tell "Space Control" using Fireballs from Full Screen distance is just a polite word for "I'l do anything to avoid actually having to fight".... its Cheap. I don't blame players for abusing it.... thats exactly what they're supposed to do..... the fault here lies with Capcom for making a Low Risk High Reward move in the first place

You fail to remember that command grabs come out very fast. In some games, they come out in 1 frame. Command grab supers on the other hand usually cannot be reacted to after the flash.

I didn't fail to remember anything.... I simply didn't know.... and whats your point ? I'm assuming you made one but I just don't see it.

People can play on pad just fine. Last I checked, last years Evo champion played on pad. However, in every competitive gaming exercise/eSport, there are peripherals designed to enhance play that top players use. Just take a look at SCUF controllers with paddles on the back, or specially build "gaming keyboards" with mechanical keys.

On top of that, arcade sticks mean that players don't have to adapt to each consoles controllers. Just the shape, layour and feel of a controller has a big impact on how people perform. With the base arcade stick layout, players can play on the same thing no matter what console they're on.

So what's the ratio of Pad Players and Arcade Stick players winning The Grand Finals at Evo ? Or better yet whats the total Ratio of Pad to Arcade Stick players in Tournaments ? Or better yet how many pad players use the thumb stick over the d-pad ? I'm pretty sure theres a very very very good reason why Stick players keep popping up in Street Fighter Tournaments more than they do in say... something like Mortal Kombat. Cherry Picking one dude who plays pad out of a sea of Stick Players is not exactly conclusive and even if it wasn't....There isn't single number you can give.... Street Fighter clearly has Arcade in the very foundations in its design and its as clear as day. Doesn't matter how many people play pad.... wasn't designed for one anyway.

I don't know much about how arcade sticks work but I'm assuming theres not all that many that work on all platforms. To what extent does the arcade stick accomodate players who don't know which system is going to be used at which event ?

Didn't I already point out that they have. It just so happens that they don't usually do this during a game's specific installment. The issue is that this kind of major change can change the game alot to the point where it might not even be the same game at all.

Finding an Exploit IS a major change.... the blade cuts both ways, theres no room for double standards. If people are perfectly comfortable with a major change that was unintended than I'm sorry but they should also be comfortable having the major change of having that initial major removed or altered to ensure that everybody is genuinely playing the same game....

Like I said.... this is exactly the type of thing that happens when you're too busy focusing on winning and trying to play outside intended scope of the game's rules.

d3v

The game was built on a shakey foundation to begin with..... Street Fighter not being "Street Fighter" may not be a bad thing since the game has always been unintuitive, inaccessible and sometimes just plain stupid from the very start..... I'm definitely not going to miss that.

Anyway to say 3D Fighters just flatout don't have Space Control is just plain wrong, you can most definitely own and control the space assuming you picked a character that can..... its a different type of game therefore its done in a different way. And as far as I can tell "Space Control" using Fireballs from Full Screen distance is just a polite word for "I'l do anything to avoid actually having to fight".... its Cheap. I don't blame players for abusing it.... thats exactly what they're supposed to do..... the fault here lies with Capcom for making a Low Risk High Reward move in the first place
Might as well admit that you don't understand 2D fighters, especially the more grounded ones like SF (and KoF, etc.). Space control and footsies in Street Fighter (which invented footsies in the first place) happens at mid range, just outside the cr. mid kick distance. This is where players will often dance in and out for the most basic form of footsies, which is bating a poke in an attempt to counter poke. This is where the multitude of buttons and single pokes come in. Because you need to know which pokes beat out specific pokes of your opponent.

Just look at this match from the CvS2 Grand Finals at Evo 2008.
Look at how both John Choi and BAS are playing mostly in mid range and trading pokes.

As for 3D fighters, if you read what I posted closely, I never said they didn't have space control. Rather, I implied that they didn't have the same kind of space control as 2D fighters. It's just the way the sub-genre works. The combination of slower movement, string based combos (instead of single pokes into hit confirms), etc. means that you spend more of your time closer to each other and going for strings, high low mixups and/or frame traps.
I didn't fail to remember anything.... I simply didn't know.... and whats your point ? I'm assuming you made one but I just don't see it.

So what's the ratio of Pad Players and Arcade Stick players winning The Grand Finals at Evo ? Or better yet whats the total Ratio of Pad to Arcade Stick players in Tournaments ? Or better yet how many pad players use the thumb stick over the d-pad ? I'm pretty sure theres a very very very good reason why Stick players keep popping up in Street Fighter Tournaments more than they do in say... something like Mortal Kombat. Cherry Picking one dude who plays pad out of a sea of Stick Players is not exactly conclusive and even if it wasn't....There isn't single number you can give.... Street Fighter clearly has Arcade in the very foundations in its design and its as clear as day. Doesn't matter how many people play pad.... wasn't designed for one anyway.
Sticks are mostly tradition and the fact that companies like MadCatz have done a great job promoting arcade sticks. Yet we do see a good number of pad players for the games. However stick has become dominant simply because switching between 360 and PS3 on stick didn't mean having to learn a totally new controller.
I don't know much about how arcade sticks work but I'm assuming theres not all that many that work on all platforms. To what extent does the arcade stick accomodate players who don't know which system is going to be used at which event ?
It's not about a stick working on mutliple consoles (though there are ways to enable that). It's the fact that the basic form factor of any arcade stick is the same across all consoles. For the most part, they use the same bog standard Sanwa arcade parts in either the Taito Vewlix layout or the Namco Noir layout. That means, a PS3 stick player can easily pick up a 360 stick and not have to worry about learning a different controller.
Finding an Exploit IS a major change.... the blade cuts both ways, theres no room for double standards. If people are perfectly comfortable with a major change that was unintended than I'm sorry but they should also be comfortable having the major change of having that initial major removed or altered to ensure that everybody is genuinely playing the same game....

Like I said.... this is exactly the type of thing that happens when you're too busy focusing on winning and trying to play outside intended scope of the game's rules.
Because, as experience has shown, just because something is "unintended" or an "exploit" doesn't mean that the game is ruined. Heck, it takes months, or even years to figure out the true balance of a game, let alone if something is truly broken.

Take my previous 3rd Strike example. It turns out that the unblockables aren't even a big deal as Urien and Oro are nowhere near top tier. They're barely able to keep up with characters like Chun Li, Ken, Yun and Makoto. At the same time, the unblockables, coupled with another glitch called charge partitioning (which allowed you to keep a back or down charge, even through a dash) actually made Urien more interesting and fun to play.

At the same time, I'd like to think that the developers actually have a modicum of respect for the players and believe that they aren't dumb enough that they aren't able to figure stuff out and adapt to the meta as it develops.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Confirmed to have no idea how high level play works.

• Assume developers thinks Argentus doesn't understand high level play or the meta
• Argentus claims he does.
• "Argentus states that juggles/combos lower player skill, and says its an easy way out of things.

"It's why so many players focus all their effort on getting off guaranteed setups, and lose horribly because they don't learn how to actually fight or read or react to anything. Be better if the option wasn't a temptation in the first place"

because they don't learn how to actually fight or read or react to anything.

"LEARN HOW TO ACTUALLY FIGHT OR READ OR REACT TO ANYTHING."

Dude...wut.

If you understood the high level play, you'd understand that these "get out of jail free cards" are punishment tools. Anyways can you please get out the time machine? cause this subject and debate is so old its laughable dude...

You both should of seen him in the VF character thread. Quite possibly one of the funniest things people have read there. I don't generally like the term high level play in DOA because the term can go in many ways but rather I like the way of saying "I prefer actual smart mechanics than hold my hand mechanics." Although, It's not like Team Ninja made some intelligent moves..will admit, It is however, more intelligent than what Argentus was offering on how the game works.

*Going into mind reading mode and flies into human body host*

Oh man! I need straight forward simplistic situations! I find this more enjoyable than a game of chess because I simply do not like willpower and thinking ahead! Guaranteed damage? Pfft, in real life you can't do that. Execution? pointless!

*Exits out of body*

Whew, that was a waste of my Ki energy. Keep doing guaranteed damage and juggles Team NINJA. Don't turn this into a UFC game where all the characters are bottom tier.

Last edited:

Lulu

Might as well admit that you don't understand 2D fighters, especially the more grounded ones like SF (and KoF, etc.). Space control and footsies in Street Fighter (which invented footsies in the first place) happens at mid range, just outside the cr. mid kick distance. This is where players will often dance in and out for the most basic form of footsies, which is bating a poke in an attempt to counter poke. This is where the multitude of buttons and single pokes come in. Because you need to know which pokes beat out specific pokes of your opponent.

Just look at this match from the CvS2 Grand Finals at Evo 2008.
Look at how both John Choi and BAS are playing mostly in mid range and trading pokes.

As for 3D fighters, if you read what I posted closely, I never said they didn't have space control. Rather, I implied that they didn't have the same kind of space control as 2D fighters. It's just the way the sub-genre works. The combination of slower movement, string based combos (instead of single pokes into hit confirms), etc. means that you spend more of your time closer to each other and going for strings, high low mixups and/or frame traps.

Sorry Can't watch the video.... not that it matters... I didn't say anything about Pokes and Mid Distance Footsies.
And thats true I don't understand 2D Fighters..... and you don't you understand the implications of a Low Risk High Reward move.... namely a Fireball Trap. Even in Street Fighter 4 this move is all kinds of wrong.... say one person plays Ryu and another plays Some slow character with no projectiles or teleports of their own and have to resort to FDC to get close to their opponent.... Ryu can just run away and start his easy Low Risk Fire Ball Shenanigans and you have to rack up temporary damage while using the much more difficult FDC to get closer so you can do your thing..... its important to note that Ryu is gaining meter while he does this and can easily convert the potential damage into real damage by using an Ex Version move of his very own.... this can be an Ex Fireball that does two hits that FDC cant beat or a simple Shoryken to catch you if you try to jump in....

Yeah I definitely don't get 2D Fighters.... and 2D Fighters don't get Good Game design..... you'l forgive me when I say Capcom can take their Multi-Speed Fireballs and shove them up their ass. Anybody defending this is essentially defending their undeserved right to be an ass hole....

Oh and I read what you said just fine.
It's something that 3D fighters, with their bigger emphasis on time control (frame data, etc.) do not have.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe you just didn't phrase it properly... I'm no Literary Major but you can see how ambiguous your choice of words are.

Sticks are mostly tradition and the fact that companies like MadCatz have done a great job promoting arcade sticks. Yet we do see a good number of pad players for the games. However stick has become dominant simply because switching between 360 and PS3 on stick didn't mean having to learn a totally new controller.

It's not about a stick working on mutliple consoles (though there are ways to enable that). It's the fact that the basic form factor of any arcade stick is the same across all consoles. For the most part, they use the same bog standard Sanwa arcade parts in either the Taito Vewlix layout or the Namco Noir layout. That means, a PS3 stick player can easily pick up a 360 stick and not have to worry about learning a different controller.

Again you need to becareful how you phrase your argument.... it sounds like you're saying Arcade Sticks are not different from one another and it also sounds like you're saying each console's controller is completely different..... if what you're trying to say is a pad is different from an arcade stick then that I get that (its pretty obvious). but if you're saying the difference between an Xbox Controller and a PS3 Controller is like Night and Day but the Difference from one Arcade Stick to a Different Acrdade Stick is Negligible then thats ...... Sigh..... do I even really have to say it ?

Because, as experience has shown, just because something is "unintended" or an "exploit" doesn't mean that the game is ruined. Heck, it takes months, or even years to figure out the true balance of a game, let alone if something is truly broken.

Take my previous 3rd Strike example. It turns out that the unblockables aren't even a big deal as Urien and Oro are nowhere near top tier. They're barely able to keep up with characters like Chun Li, Ken, Yun and Makoto. At the same time, the unblockables, coupled with another glitch called charge partitioning (which allowed you to keep a back or down charge, even through a dash) actually made Urien more interesting and fun to play.

At the same time, I'd like to think that the developers actually have a modicum of respect for the players and believe that they aren't dumb enough that they aren't able to figure stuff out and adapt to the meta as it develops.

I never said anything about something being Ruined.... you're argument was: removing an unintended exploit was a major change and my counter argument was the discovery of said exploit IS ALSO major change..... there by pointing out the hypocrisy in those stories you mentioned about people complaining about major changes.

But lets assume that is what I said.... you didn't factor in the execution barrier into your counter argument (which is what this all about remember?).... to revert back to my example of Ryu's Fireball Trap, the Kara Cancelling technique will make playing a slower character alil bit more viable since they can double the Armor of their Armoured Attacks nullifying the Ex Trap..... but thats before you factor in Kara Cancelling is a notoriously difficult Technique.... you're probably not even going to see it being used...... even if the exploit doesn't ruin the game..... the execution barrier preventing people from being able to use a move that would make the game balanced against a different exploit will ruin the game for anyone who is unable to perform it.... killing off the strategy the game supposedly has. Perhaps developers should spend less time on the tier list Meta Game and more time fixing the Actual Game.

Speaking Of Which.... theres one unresolved issue:
Again.... I know you think you made point but its pointless if you don't explain it.... what does any of that have to do with inputs deliberately designed unintuitively to increase the chances of failure ?

Lulu

You both should of seen him in the VF character thread. Quite possibly one of the funniest things people have read there. I don't generally like the term high level play in DOA because the term can go in many ways but rather I like the way of saying "I prefer actual smart mechanics than hold my hand mechanics." Although, It's not like Team Ninja made some intelligent moves..will admit, It is however, more intelligent than what Argentus was offering on how the game works.

*Going into mind reading mode and flies into human body host*

Oh man! I need straight forward simplistic situations! I find this more enjoyable than a game of chess because I simply do not like willpower and thinking ahead! Guaranteed damage? Pfft, in real life you can't do that. Execution? pointless!

*Exits out of body*

Whew, that was a waste of my Ki energy. Keep doing guaranteed damage and juggles Team NINJA. Don't turn this into a UFC game where all the characters are bottom tier.

If all the characters are bottom tier then isn't the game still balanced and fair as a game where all the characters are top tier ? But thats just going your logic.... in actual logic if all the characters are in a single tier then there is no bottom or top tier to begin with. In that case you should re-evaluate if you're the right person to be making fun of other people in the first place.:confused:

And where is this thread.... I wana see.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Now here is my response to the topic; My general complaint for DOA is how the community at times choose to purposely go full retard and purposely not function properly to communicate with another on the issues they are having. Instead, they prefer the route on what pleases them and makes them happy, some people really want to make this a paradise to where they always want the easy way out of things. It's reasonable to walk up the easy steps to find the closest thing on what helps you on the game. The problem with that is that the individuals take this path on an escalator rather than walking up the stairs, walking is easy too you know..but yet they go hamtaro when the escalator breaks down and the technical support takes centuries to arrive.

Mind you that not everyone in the community is like that. I met some extremely cool DOA peeps within the community that hella welcomed me in such a positive manner and I will never forget it. But the stigma in the community is still here on who has the best hatemail and how the next person writes a status update about Bayman doing more rolls than Sonic the hedgehog while he yells at the match and also telling the world that you are a 3 star general and to bow to such an individual because he's at the top of the leaderboards...really now, I find it difficult to communicate with them.

Seriously, if you need character help. Message people. Like...seriously.

If all the characters are bottom tier then isn't the game still balanced and fair as a game where all the characters are top tier ? But thats just going your logic.... in actual logic if all the characters are in a single tier then there is no bottom or top tier to begin with. In that case you should re-evaluate if you're the right person to be making fun of other people in the first place.:confused:

And where is this thread.... I wana see.

You are missing the point. Everything goes into shamble regardless on how the approach is made when making the game more simplistic than it has to be.

Last edited:

Lulu

Now here is my response to the topic; My general complaint for DOA is how the community at times choose to purposely go full retard and purposely not function properly to communicate with another on the issues they are having. Instead, they prefer the route on what pleases them and makes them happy, some people really want to make this a paradise to where they always want the easy way out of things. It's reasonable to walk up the easy steps to find the closest thing on what helps you on the game. The problem with that is that the individuals take this path on an escalator rather than walking up the stairs, walking is easy too you know..but yet they go hamtaro when the escalator breaks down and the technical support takes centuries to arrive.

Mind you that not everyone in the community is like that. I met some extremely cool DOA peeps within the community that hella welcomed me in such a positive manner and I will never forget it. But the stigma in the community is still here on who has the best hatemail and how the next person writes a status update about Bayman doing more rolls than Sonic the hedgehog while he yells at the match and also telling the world that you are a 3 star general and to bow to such an individual because he's at the top of the leaderboards...really now, I find it difficult to communicate with them.

What if you need execution help ?
Is there something anyone can say that can make someone's thumbs move faster than they are physically capable of doing ?

Theres many characters I can't play but its all for the same reason... I just can't execute :6::6:/:4::4:/:2::2:/:8::8: and a few other inputs due to the inconsistent leniency of these commands....

Perhaps the reason people are so rude and grumpy is because you're not actually trying hard enough to communicate to them to understand their plight.

In my experience the actual number of people who want an easy way out is very small.... they shouldn't be confused with the number of people who want an easier way of doing something they intended to do.

Lulu

You are missing the point. Everything goes into shamble regardless on how the approach is made when making the game more simplistic than it has to be.

Same thing happens when its more convoluted than it needs to be.....
Ofcourse this is all out of context if I can't see what this is all about.....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD