Your General Complaints about DoA and Other Fighting Games?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What if you need execution help ?
Is there something anyone can say that can make someone's thumbs move faster than they are physically capable of doing ?

Theres many characters I can't play but its all for the same reason... I just can't execute :6::6:/:4::4:/:2::2:/:8::8: and a few other inputs due to the inconsistent leniency of these commands....

Perhaps the reason people are so rude and grumpy is because you're not actually trying hard enough to communicate to them to understand their plight.

In my experience the actual number of people who want an easy way out is very small.... they shouldn't be confused with the number of people who want an easier way of doing something they intended to do.

Execution varies from individuals to how much you want to put an effort into it. Providing the game with a easier button inputs can make the character reward less genuine than it is because the overall character has a high priority for complex inputs for the type of reward the character is providing. It's a design that won't be changed. Here's an example, Look at Hayabusa's Izuna drop throw command, does 80 flat but provides 120 points of damage on Hi-counter. Do you want this move easier than it has to be? If this was a simple button throw, he would sky rocket and kill this game. Situations like these is what you don't want in a game. (Due to DOA's invisible buffering mechanic, you can rotate this on pad and still get the throw.) Same with the other characters. Why should you make it easier for them when the result is likely to be make the mechanic more sham than it needs to be. The game made it easier just by rotating, what more do you want?

Who are those grumpy people? You also have to realize that about 90% of the community plays on pad and yet you still have those that will try to help the pad players, even I have a SF pad and I use it. The problem is the individual itself if he/she is willing to take the time to sit there and learn it. The problem with this...sometimes they "won't". Some of them want it to be easier for them..because....why? again, people cannot cater to their needs all the time. It's a design that won't be changed. You cannot help someone with execution unless you want it to be visually with an example..but that alone won't be enough if the player cannot grasp it. The thing is, you "can" grasp it but there are times to where they won't and request it to be easier.

Really now? I disagree with that. It's a random number factor but it is definitely not small.

Same thing happens when its more convoluted than it needs to be.....
Ofcourse this is all out of context if I can't see what this is all about.....

This is the towards the topic at hand and in response to it. It is DOA related, how is it out of context? How long have you been on this forum? serious question.

Last edited:

Lulu

Execution varies from individuals to how much you want to put an effort into it. Providing the game with a easier button inputs can make the character reward less genuine than it is because the overall character has a high priority for complex inputs for the type of reward the character is providing. It's a design that won't be changed. Here's an example, Look at Hayabusa's Izuna drop throw command, does 80 flat but provides 120 points of damage on Hi-counter. Do you want this move easier than it has to be? If this was a simple button throw, he would sky rocket and kill this game. Situations like these is what you don't want in a game. (Due to DOA's invisible buffering mechanic, you can rotate this on pad and still get the throw.) Same with the other characters. Why should you make it easier for them when the result is likely to be make the mechanic more sham than it needs to be. The game made it easier just by rotating, what more do you want?

Who are those grumpy people? You also have to realize that about 90% of the community plays on pad and yet you still have those that will try to help the pad players, even I have a SF pad and I use it. The problem is the individual itself if he/she is willing to take the time to sit there and learn it. The problem with this...sometimes they "won't". Some of them want it to be easier for them..because....why? again, people cannot cater to their needs all the time. It's a design that won't be changed. You cannot help someone with execution unless you want it to be visually with an example..but that alone won't be enough if the player cannot grasp it. The thing is, you "can" grasp it but there are times to where they won't and request it to be easier.

Really now? I disagree with that. It's a random number factor but it is definitely not small.

This is the towards the topic at hand and in response to it. It is DOA related, how is it out of context? How long have you been on this forum? serious question.

I was actually talking about the whatever it is you and Argentus were talking about in the other thread you mentioned.... thats the context.

So before I continue I want address one very important issue, its in Bold.... don't worry this will be short.... relatively speaking:
If the main reason you play Fighting Games is to perform Difficult moves instead of Fighting Your Opponents, and If you get more joy from executing moves on dummies than you do from crafting strategies around getting those moves to work on an opponent that fights back then don't read any further.... you would be beyond anything I can say.

Anyway, it seems you don't understand how DoA works.... its easy to say making Hayabusa's Izuna easier to perform would "kill" the game but that just isn't the case. Regardless of how much damage it does and what the input is The Izuna Otoshi is an i12 Throw with an above 20 frame recovery.... the entity thats keeping the Izuna in check is the Triangle System, a one button Izuna is never ever going to beat a strike..... you will never get a hi counter Izuna if you can't bait an opponent into holding.The inputs don't change a single thing about how the Izuna or throws in general work in DoA. Obviously if you make it easier to do then more people will start using it, if you make Jacky and Akira easier to play then more people will start using those characters.... I don't understand why people cry bloody murder as if it's a bad thing to have more freedom to choose which character they want to play as without arbitrary execution getting in the way. if a particular move or character is too powerful then its too powerful regardless of what the execution is and making it harder to execute only stops more people from abusing it.... IT DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME BALANCED.... those who are extremely Talented will still be able to abuse that move and will forever hsve an advantage that others just don't.... and if you make it too impossible to do that nobody can do it then why have that move or character in the game in the first place..... ?
And with that said.... I personally don't struggle with any version if the Izuna, the Izuna Advanced Holds are abit tricky though. Also making the Izuna easier will change how some people use it... Just Like Alpha's BURST the input makes the move telagraphed and slower to perform.... thats what makes it a "Psychich Move" instead of a Reactionary one.... but so long as an i12 Throw can not punish move thats less than -12 on block then theres nothing to worry about... people are already doing it anway.

Anyway moving on..... this is how people learn Fighting Games... you don't have to watch the whole playlist.... just the last video.... learning a physical activity is not like learning an intellectual one.... with things like Math and and Literature you can break it down into steps and common sense and logic and axiomatic rules will do the rest. Learning how to accurately throw a football or Juggle Chainsaws or Perform a Difficult move in a fighting game is different.... like the video says.... "Its Something That Eventually Just Clicks" in your brain. I don't even know if theres a scientific term for it.... you can break it down for people, give them all the advice in the world and tell them how it works for you but the help you are trying to provide help someone perform something hard like Akira's JFK is only 10% of what it takes to help somebody be able to get it to "Just Click" for them the way it does for you. Thats just how it works. I'm not saying you shouldn't do literally everything there possibly is to help people getting there.... The Tutorials and Community and All the help and time you guys give most definitely makes a difference and we are better off with all the help than we are without it.... it all contributes to making things Click in your brain more likely..... but its important to know how big or more accurately how miniscule that difference is. As you can see in the video that dude telling her "Alil Faster... Alil Slower....Too Many.... Not Enough"... he's telling her something she already knows.... and believe me... no matter how sincere it seems.... that shit is fucking ANNOYING. Also believe me when I say the help is appreciated..... after all the arguing and fighting and swearing and calling your mom a Just Frame Whore.... we sincerely do want your support.... its just that the frustration brings out the worst in us and we do and say things uncharacteristically.... basically... it turns us into chicks. :oops:
And just like you said... people struggle with different things.... somethings will Click much more easily for others.... and many things simply wont click at all... it all depends on difficult the task at hand is.

Now heres where the breaking point for most people is (and I'm slowly getting there)... after all the help and all the time and practice, just like Jesus before they nailed his ass to the cross we will ask:"Why hath thou forsaken me... oh Team Ninja"... obviously I'm being dramatic and abit insensitive but people do reach that point because nothing feels like it makes sense anymore.:
  1. "If fighting games are about strategies then whats with the Execution Barrier"
  2. "If they want more people to play fighting games then why are they so inaccessible and unintuitive"
  3. "If the move/chatacter is so powerful then why do they make him harder to use instead of nerfing it/them into balance"
  4. "If the majority of gamers primarily play on pad then why do they still design them for Arcade set ups and then retro fit them on to modern controllers"

This is the point of no return for alot of people and it makes them bitter torwards anything and everything to do with Fighting Games because it genuinely feels like you got pranked and they keep pranking you by giving you various and elborate speeches and pep talks that all essentially mean "Git Gud". Its the type of shit Super Villain Origin Stories are made of.... I'm not being dramatic... you can literally trigger a Psychotic Break with all this drama and frustration.

You're Right Though.... it will never change.... I pretty much knew that the first time someone told me "You don't understand high level play".... ever since then its just been one ridiculous reason after another.... the genre is like that at its very core.... its so depressing.

Lulu

I was actually talking about the whatever it is you and Argentus were talking about in the other thread you mentioned.... thats the context.

So before I continue I want address one very important issue, its in Bold.... don't worry this will be short.... relatively speaking:
If the main reason you play Fighting Games is to perform Difficult moves instead of Fighting Your Opponents, and If you get more joy from executing moves on dummies than you do from crafting strategies around getting those moves to work on an opponent that fights back then don't read any further.... you would be beyond anything I can say.

Anyway, it seems you don't understand how DoA works.... its easy to say making Hayabusa's Izuna easier to perform would "kill" the game but that just isn't the case. Regardless of how much damage it does and what the input is The Izuna Otoshi is an i12 Throw with an above 20 frame recovery.... the entity thats keeping the Izuna in check is the Triangle System, a one button Izuna is never ever going to beat a strike..... you will never get a hi counter Izuna if you can't bait an opponent into holding.The inputs don't change a single thing about how the Izuna or throws in general work in DoA. Obviously if you make it easier to do then more people will start using it, if you make Jacky and Akira easier to play then more people will start using those characters.... I don't understand why people cry bloody murder as if it's a bad thing to have more freedom to choose which character they want to play as without arbitrary execution getting in the way. if a particular move or character is too powerful then its too powerful regardless of what the execution is and making it harder to execute only stops more people from abusing it.... IT DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME BALANCED.... those who are extremely Talented will still be able to abuse that move and will forever hsve an advantage that others just don't.... and if you make it too impossible to do that nobody can do it then why have that move or character in the game in the first place..... ?
And with that said.... I personally don't struggle with any version if the Izuna, the Izuna Advanced Holds are abit tricky though. Also making the Izuna easier will change how some people use it... Just Like Alpha's BURST the input makes the move telagraphed and slower to perform.... thats what makes it a "Psychich Move" instead of a Reactionary one.... but so long as an i12 Throw can not punish move thats less than -12 on block then theres nothing to worry about... people are already doing it anway.

Anyway moving on..... this is how people learn Fighting Games... you don't have to watch the whole playlist.... just the last video.... learning a physical activity is not like learning an intellectual one.... with things like Math and and Literature you can break it down into steps and common sense and logic and axiomatic rules will do the rest. Learning how to accurately throw a football or Juggle Chainsaws or Perform a Difficult move in a fighting game is different.... like the video says.... "Its Something That Eventually Just Clicks" in your brain. I don't even know if theres a scientific term for it.... you can break it down for people, give them all the advice in the world and tell them how it works for you but the help you are trying to provide help someone perform something hard like Akira's JFK is only 10% of what it takes to help somebody be able to get it to "Just Click" for them the way it does for you. Thats just how it works. I'm not saying you shouldn't do literally everything there possibly is to help people getting there.... The Tutorials and Community and All the help and time you guys give most definitely makes a difference and we are better off with all the help than we are without it.... it all contributes to making things Click in your brain more likely..... but its important to know how big or more accurately how miniscule that difference is. As you can see in the video that dude telling her "Alil Faster... Alil Slower....Too Many.... Not Enough"... he's telling her something she already knows.... and believe me... no matter how sincere it seems.... that shit is fucking ANNOYING. Also believe me when I say the help is appreciated..... after all the arguing and fighting and swearing and calling your mom a Just Frame Whore.... we sincerely do want your support.... its just that the frustration brings out the worst in us and we do and say things uncharacteristically.... basically... it turns us into chicks. :oops:
And just like you said... people struggle with different things.... somethings will Click much more easily for others.... and many things simply wont click at all... it all depends on difficult the task at hand is.

Now heres where the breaking point for most people is (and I'm slowly getting there)... after all the help and all the time and practice, just like Jesus before they nailed his ass to the cross we will ask:"Why hath thou forsaken me... oh Team Ninja"... obviously I'm being dramatic and abit insensitive but people do reach that point because nothing feels like it makes sense anymore.:
  1. "If fighting games are about strategies then whats with the Execution Barrier"
  2. "If they want more people to play fighting games then why are they so inaccessible and unintuitive"
  3. "If the move/chatacter is so powerful then why do they make him harder to use instead of nerfing it/them into balance"
  4. "If the majority of gamers primarily play on pad then why do they still design them for Arcade set ups and then retro fit them on to modern controllers"

This is the point of no return for alot of people and it makes them bitter torwards anything and everything to do with Fighting Games because it genuinely feels like you got pranked and they keep pranking you by giving you various and elborate speeches and pep talks that all essentially mean "Git Gud". Its the type of shit Super Villain Origin Stories are made of.... I'm not being dramatic... you can literally trigger a Psychotic Break with all this drama and frustration.

You're Right Though.... it will never change.... I pretty much knew that the first time someone told me "You don't understand high level play".... ever since then its just been one ridiculous reason after another.... the genre is like that at its very core.... its so depressing.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
My general complaint for DOA is how the community at times choose to purposely go full retard and purposely not function properly to communicate with another on the issues they are having. Instead, they prefer the route on what pleases them and makes them happy, some people really want to make this a paradise to where they always want the easy way out of things. It's reasonable to walk up the easy steps to find the closest thing on what helps you on the game. The problem with that is that the individuals take this path on an escalator rather than walking up the stairs, walking is easy too you know..but yet they go hamtaro when the escalator breaks down and the technical support takes centuries to arrive.
They believe this because they're given the impression that the top players are hiding these "super-secret tips" that grant them the ability to learn the game at a lightning fast pace and become gods overnight. For the longest time, I believed this too... and it took a lot out of my friends to convince me this wasn't the case.

At least now I don't feel as bad about my learning pace as I used to be, as you probably already know.

Mind you that not everyone in the community is like that. I met some extremely cool DOA peeps within the community that hella welcomed me in such a positive manner and I will never forget it. But the stigma in the community is still here on who has the best hatemail and how the next person writes a status update about Bayman doing more rolls than Sonic the hedgehog while he yells at the match and also telling the world that you are a 3 star general and to bow to such an individual because he's at the top of the leaderboards...really now, I find it difficult to communicate with them.
This leads me to another complaint I have to get off my chest.

When I actually try to contribute something positive to the community, it's ignored. And when it's ignored, I feel worthless. And when I feel worthless, I lack motivation to share anything more. And when I lack motivation to share anything more, well... it's back to basics, act like a beginner, and pretend to know nothing.

Seriously, if you need character help. Message people. Like...seriously.
You sure I won't be ignored because of who I am?

KING JAIMY

I just want to say that executing moves isn't about talent, it's about practice. We NEED moves which require complex inputs, otherwise the movelist would be very limited. Also, it would be way more boring and less satisfying if all moves' complexity were reduced to a basic level. Most directional inputs are also in sync with the actual character movements. Look at Hayabusa's Izuna Drop for example, where he keeps spinning in the air, meanwhile the player also has to spin circles. With enough practice you'll eventually learn every move, trust me. I had issues with Raidou's EWGF before too. Now I can pull off the move without issues.

Just my 2 cents.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Anyway, it seems you don't understand how DoA works....

I stopped reading after this.

Let me remind you that it does not take 10 cavemen to solve this issue. I already know the throw is an i12. It does not justify the case that it should be made easier to fit on anyone's case, just because "you" cannot do it. So again, it's a character design. Akira is a fine example of a character that provides great reward but execution payoff. You will find characters like these in many games. He just happens to be a main character which is rare. So once again, there will be no changing that. There are certain barriers to the game to which you cannot break.

There is a balance method there that does not always involve a character disposal of tools, neutral game and situational setups to provide the upmost damage possible. There is a reason why he does massive wall damage and placed as a guard reaper.

If you truly believe I do not understand DOA then prove it. Enlighten me. The answer will be deep and you will regret it. You are the second human being to have said I don't understand DOA and the last guy was crushed in the game. Posts like "You don't understand DOA." is the reason why people question you on how "you" are in the game..and as such, I was correct. It's the same routine..."Now" I cannot take you serious.

I just want to say that executing moves isn't about talent, it's about practice. We NEED moves which require complex inputs, otherwise the movelist would be very limited. Also, it would be way more boring and less satisfying if all moves' complexity were reduced to a basic level. Most directional inputs are also in sync with the actual character movements. Look at Hayabusa's Izuna Drop for example, where he keeps spinning in the air, meanwhile the player also has to spin circles. With enough practice you'll eventually learn every move, trust me. I had issues with Raidou's EWGF before too. Now I can pull off the move without issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Should of told him to practice on a training dummy because apparently, I lost all credibility on DOA knowledge! oh woe is me!

46P is too hard! Raidou unholdable fireball after a full wall splat if they tech up! oh woe is me!

Last edited:

Lulu

Just my 2 cents.

There is such a thing as natural Talent.... I'm not saying you can be born already profecient in a skill skill but some skills are easier to learn for some people and others may never learn it at all. Some people have better balance and some people trip over flat surfaces.... for better or worse.... people are different.
Its like those right handed people who want to do things with their left.... practicing will yield results but there's no guarantee you will be like Leonardo Da Vinci.... atleast sonething like Writing and Drawing with my left hand has visible and evident progress I can use to track my progress or at the very least keep me motivated.... its analogue and progressive.

A difficult input in a Fighting Game is COMPLETELY BINARY.... either it comes or it doesn't.... theres no half ways.... I guess you can see how people can find that frustrating.... its only after they succussfully perform the input by accident can they begin track how profecient they are at it. Thats how I learned Jacky's Flash Sword Kick... but even then theres going to be limit.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Unless you are Daigo to where you breathe 2D fighting or Tokido playing blindfolded and winning a set, it's quite far off from talent in DOA. I truly believe every single individual in this forum have the ability to play everyone on equal terms. It's up to them if they want to sit on that chair to do it..but don't bring the game down to your level. Go up to the game's level and rip corpses....unless it's too hard.

But seriously, how do you play DOA? I started 4 days ago and it's really hard.

KING JAIMY

There is such a thing as natural Talent.... I'm not saying you can be born already profecient in a skill skill but some skills are easier to learn for some people and others may never learn it at all. Some people have better balance and some people trip over flat surfaces.... for better or worse.... people are different.
Its like those right handed people who want to do things with their left.... practicing will yield results but there's no guarantee you will be like Leonardo Da Vinci.... atleast sonething like Writing and Drawing with my left hand has visible and evident progress I can use to track my progress or at the very least keep me motivated.... its analogue and progressive.
Natural talent is a myth, as far as I know. Almost everyone with great skill at anything must have practiced at least occassionally. Sure some people learn faster than others, but it doesn't matter as long as you're willing to take the time to learn each command. It's not going to change anyway. You don't have to be a master at the game to learn ''44'' or '''66'' inputs. Eventually, you'll find a way to perform those moves consistently.

A difficult input in a Fighting Game is COMPLETELY BINARY.... either it comes or it doesn't.... theres no half ways.... I guess you can see how people can find that frustrating.... its only after they succussfully perform the inpTut by accident can they begin track how profecient they are at it. Thats how I learned Jacky's Flash Sword Kick... but even then theres going to be limit.
This is not true for all moves. For example, when attempting Akira's JF Knee you still have a chance to get the regular knee. Or when you do Raidou EWGF, there's still a good chance you'll get that same punch but without the electrics. Another example: If you press H too late when attempting Jacky's Flash Sword Kick you'll still get his regular 6_K. So there are in fact ''half ways'' to some moves, as opposed to what you've just said.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Unless you are Daigo to where you breathe 2D fighting or Tokido playing blindfolded and winning a set, it's quite far off from talent in DOA. I truly believe every single individual in this forum have the ability to play everyone on equal terms.
You're lying.

You honestly believe I can play everyone on equal terms, despite making diligent effort to do so? Even I don't believe that.

But seriously, how do you play DOA? I started 4 days ago and it's really hard.
You started years ago. You simply had the right connections, or rather, the connections considered you worthy enough.

Some of us ain't that fortunate. You are truly blessed indeed.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You're lying.

You honestly believe I can play everyone on equal terms, despite making diligent effort to do so? Even I don't believe that.

You started years ago. You simply had the right connections, or rather, the connections considered you worthy enough.

Some of us ain't that fortunate. You are truly blessed indeed.

Awesmic remove your persona mask, don't butter the situation up. My mask is back on at the moment due to the calling.

Yes. I do believe everyone can do it. The percentage of happening is not high but they "can" go higher if they choose to be, DOA is not a super strict game when it comes to buffering moves. You could input 2336P and it can still come out as 236P because DOA is that generous.

But seriously, look at my wall or posts, it takes centuries for that 1 poster to ask for help, are they afraid to ask? I suppose it's reasonable...but they shouldn't be, they have to at least try. I seek out different posts to help people but no response. Instead, they choose the SUV and run a hamster over. I was the hamster mind you, but I had a steel armor to protect my body from being squished and my return with vengeance as to why they attempted to squish me.

Lulu

Your ignorance is duely noted... thank you.

Let me remind you that it does not take 10 cavemen to solve this issue. I already know the throw is an i12. It does not justify the case that it should be made easier to fit on anyone's case, just because "you" cannot do it. So again, it's a character design. Akira is a fine example of a character that provides great reward but execution payoff. You will find characters like these in many games. He just happens to be a main character which is rare. So once again, there will be no changing that. There are certain barriers to the game to which you cannot break.

There is a balance method there that does not always involve a character disposal of tools, neutral game and situational setups to provide the upmost damage possible. There is a reason why he does massive wall damage and placed as a guard reaper.

If you truly believe I do not understand DOA then prove it. Enlighten me. The answer will be deep and you will regret it. You are the second human being to have said I don't understand DOA and the last guy was crushed in the game. Posts like "You don't understand DOA." is the reason why people question you on how "you" are in the game..and as such, I was correct. It's the same routine..."Now" I cannot seriously.

I'm not surprised.... you genuinely do believe changing the input will some how kill the game..... hence yes... you don't understand how DoA works.
You should really take a good hard look at the things you say and think about how people are going to interpret and react to them before you say they make it hard for you to communicate with them....

I didn't say what I said lightly.... I tried my best to prove it with a Hypothetical...... and what type of response do I get in return ?

You talk about communicating and being helpfull..... but your walk is something else entirely.

Anyway.

If you truly believe I do not understand DOA then prove it. Enlighten me. The answer will be deep and you will regret it. You are the second human being to have said I don't understand DOA and the last guy was crushed in the game. Posts like "You don't understand DOA." is the reason why people question you on how "you" are in the game..and as such, I was correct. It's the same routine..."Now" I cannot take you serious.

Thats true.... it doesn't justify making the input easier...... it also doesn't justify making the input harder either..... it literally doesn't justify anything... theres just no argument there.

More importantly if you weren't too busy not reading what I wrote then you would have noticed that my comment about you not understand DoA only goes as far as the Izuna.... not that you didn't understand DoA as a Whole.

And near as I can tell your entire argument seems to be that "Hard Inputs Feel Good".... and all though making the input easier might ruin that for you..... you haven't made any argument that it actually kills the game. Of course..... I did warn you that if thats the primary reason why you play fighting games then you are beyond anything I can tell you.....sigh.... i hate it when I'm right.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Awesmic remove your persona mask, don't butter the situation up. My mask is back on at the moment due to the calling.

Yes. I do believe everyone can do it. The percentage of happening is not high but they "can" go higher if they choose to be, DOA is not a super strict game when it comes to buffering moves. You could input 2336P and it can still come out as 236P because DOA is that generous.

But seriously, look at my wall or posts, it takes centuries for that 1 poster to ask for help, are they afraid to ask? I suppose it's reasonable...but they shouldn't be, they have to at least try. I seek out different posts to help people but no response. Instead, they choose the SUV and run a hamster over. I was the hamster mind you, but I had a steel armor to protect my body from being squished and my return with vengeance as to why they attempted to squish me.

Awesmic already knows all the answers just like we do, he's trying to put on that persona mask again which isn't helping them at all. And everything back then was the start of a Fighting game community times have change. and now everything has an answer so we do the best we can do is provide answer for them to keep moving forward not prevent them from progressing.

theclassybutler

I hate this game's point system in regards to ranked play. Just today I got demoted to C and lost a bonus 1000 points. It's like "I just lost my rank, and now you're going to make work extra hard just to get it back?! Have mercy, God dammit!" Losing rank is one thing, but forcing you to work twice as hard to get it back is bullshit. I DEMAND a function that will allow you to get your rank back next match in exchange for some points. Because at that point, you have a chance to get it back immediately, but at the same time, you have to slam some points down. Lose, and you lose your NORMAL AMOUNT (not 1000 when you get demoted, because that's bullshit), AND you have a chance to get your rank back right then and there.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Even to this day, I have self-doubt. Comes from a combination of gradual disappointment and fear building up from years of playing. Even so, I still play when and if I can, hoping and believing someday I'll have a breakthrough that will change everything.

I don't need this "mask" you speak of for that.

If you're serious: You mean you don't have to buffer the crouch dash before the input?

If you're not serious: I have no idea how to respond to that.

But seriously, look at my wall or posts, it takes centuries for that 1 poster to ask for help, are they afraid to ask? I suppose it's reasonable...but they shouldn't be, they have to at least try.
Intimidation is the sincerest form of flattery... or was it imitation?

Either way, the fear of asking is definitely there. But only because the pre-emptive, misinformed idea that people can be experts at a fighting game in an instant by is planted in their head. So when they're told there's no easy way out, they fold. At least that's my theory on why some - if not most - players are the way they are when it comes to asking for help in fighting games. But there are others who truly are genuinely lazy.

I seek out different posts to help people but no response. Instead, they choose the SUV and run a hamster over. I was the hamster mind you, but I had a steel armor to protect my body from being squished and my return with vengeance as to why they attempted to squish me.
OK, let me see if I can figure out this metaphor...

You go out of your way to help people, and you're usually met with vitirol from people who think they know it all. But you've grown so accustomed to it that you forced yourself to grow thicker skin, thus why you sometimes seem abrasive in discussions like this the forums...

Am I correct?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Your ignorance is duely noted... thank you.

I'm not surprised.... you genuinely do believe changing the input will some how kill the game..... hence yes... you don't understand how DoA works.
You should really take a good hard look at the things you say and think about how people are going to interpret and react to them before you say they make it hard for you to communicate with them....

I didn't say what I said lightly.... I tried my best to prove it with a Hypothetical...... and what type of response do I get in return ?

You talk about communicating and being helpfull..... but your walk is something else entirely.

Anyway.

Thats true.... it doesn't justify making the input easier...... it also doesn't justify making the input harder either..... it literally doesn't justify anything... theres just no argument there.

More importantly if you weren't too busy not reading what I wrote then you would have noticed that my comment about you not understand DoA only goes as far as the Izuna.... not that you didn't understand DoA as a Whole.

And near as I can tell your entire argument seems to be that "Hard Inputs Feel Good".... and all though making the input easier might ruin that for you..... you haven't made any argument that it actually kills the game. Of course..... I did warn you that if thats the primary reason why you play fighting games then you are beyond anything I can tell you.....sigh.... i hate it when I'm right.

You just said I don't understand DOA. How exactly can I take you serious? "You" placed yourself on that situation. It was ignorant the moment you said I didn't understand DOA lol (I was hoping you would test my knowledge but you didn't and I was waiting on you to do so.)

Yup, changing inputs to cater for "your" needs is a sure way of improvement to the game itself. But instead, we want to challenge the developers and demand characters to be easier because...........oh well you know..it's hard...y"know.

I would like to help, but the fellow FSD companions like yourself are putting up a barrier for me to do so because...the input is too hard. What exactly you want me to do there? magically create extra fingers via sorcery? you even tell people to configure the buttons to find a way most comfortable and they still won't do it. You cannot blame the other for this.

Hard inputs don't make people feel good. It defines credibility as to why X character is like this and reasoning behind it. Making X character easier to play with can cause a serious downing of character potential output. Let's make a i13 move that does 60+ on counter hit with a simple button. Extremely hard to react to and recovery base is obnoxiously quick but instead, we all want to make X character derpy for who knows why. We could also provide Raidou's OH throw a standard 236H+P...but nah...I don't think they'll tone the damage. Probably would be a i40 throw because that input is far too generous.

My primary reason for fighting games is simple....competition, enjoyment and victory. Execution and hard buttons has been around for awhile why stop now?

Oh man! it feels good to tell yourself you are correct! I don't even know if our entire world is correct!

Lulu

Natural talent is a myth, as far as I know. Almost everyone with great skill at anything must have practiced at least occassionally. Sure some people learn faster than others, but it doesn't matter as long as you're willing to take the time to learn each command. It's not going to change anyway. You don't have to be a master at the game to learn ''44'' or '''66'' inputs. Eventually, you'll find a way to perform those moves consistently.
Yeah.... I will.... with an Arcade Stick.

Anyway I'm not going to get into the nature vs nurture..... people don't usually budge from their oppinion on the subject.... I know I certainly don't.
This is not true for all moves. For example, when attempting Akira's JF Knee you still have a chance to get the regular knee. Or when you do Raidou EWGF, there's still a good chance you'll get that same punch but without the electrics. Another example: If you press H too late when attempting Jacky's Flash Sword Kick you'll still get his regular 6_K. So there are in fact ''half ways'' to some moves, as opposed to what you've just said.
Those are not half moves.... those are different moves.... Jacky's High Angle Kick is not Half Of His Flash Sword kick.... its a different move all together... his Kick Cancel on the other hand is.... but that doesn't help much.

Anyway I was saving this for the Jacky Board... but since we're already on the subject:
I finaly felt confident in my ability to perform the Flash Sword Kick since I got it to come out alot more consistently..... so the combo challenge should be a piece of cake right..... yeah thats not what happened.... I couldn't get the Flash Sword Kick to come out a single time during the juggle.... it took me a while but I figured out what I was doing wrong.... my timing was off.... but not the same way as it usually is. I've spent so much time practicing the Flash Sword Kick by itself that it made it doing it in a juggle impossible.... the reason this is becauase in a juggle I can buffer the :K: during the juggle but not the :h:.... the :h: has to be in realtime... it can't be buffered to work at the apex of the kick... the :h: must actually be done at the apex regardless of how soon the :K: was inputed.
Basically the only way I can get The Flash Sword Kick to work in a Combo using the same timing I spent so much time perfecting from the neutral position is if I Link it Street Fighter style...... at which point I turned off the console, took an aspirin and went to bed..... I've never linked a single combo in Street Fighter in my life.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
And my post was ignored completely. Thanks, Lulu.
Here you go you can have my rank.
mxDVbXq.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD