“Alright then... let us begin the experiment” NiCO General/Gameplay discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
With DOA6 getting closer each day and our newest addition NiCO being recently revealed I decided to make a thread for our newest addition. There is not much that we know of her but i have posted her trailer and her background story down below!
1542635644753.png

NiCO
THE LIGHTNING TECHNOMANCER
A genius scientist, introduced under the codename NiCO, Donovan has entrusted her to spearhead the newest M.I.S.T. secret development project. Despite her youthful and innocent appearance, she provides a genuine threat to the ninjas with her sharp, analytical mind and her natural sense for martial arts. Although, it would seem that she also has her own reasons for undertaking this assignment...

NiCO is a practitioner of Pencak Silat, a historic martial art of Southeast Asia. She also employs her three "EMF" rings to boost her attacks and allow her to move with an ultrahigh speed.

Attachments

• 1542635610464.png
    1542635610464.png
    708.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Some people are throwing shade. I say her costume design is top notch, she looks like she'll be fun to play, and I wish we had gotten her before Marie Rose so she wouldn't be getting hit with that stigma.
I do not like her being 18 years old if I’m being honest, but she actually does look and behave differently than the other 18 year olds. She doesn’t try to be cute and doesn’t seem like an airhead. According to TN she will be fast, she’ll probably be a 9 framer. Her moveset seems pretty cool with the lightning and all.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
To be totally honest I stopped paying attention to the "Age" TN gives the females when Marie Rose was released and I rolled my eyes at her US age being what it was. Like. Y'all ain't slick Japan. We get it... Anyway. I think she looks like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to giving her an earnest shot. Might be the first actual striker I add to my list. She isn't the new female I would have preferred but she's better than what it could have been. I'll take NiCO over another "I'm so sorry!" oppai moe

onelasttime

So...does she actually possess the power of lightning? Or is she wearing some like fancy bracelets a la Iron Man?

just_me

Standard Donor
So...does she actually possess the power of lightning? Or is she wearing some like fancy bracelets a la Iron Man?

Well her profile says about her style:

NiCO is a practitioner of Pencak Silat, a historic martial art of Southeast Asia. She also employs her three "EMF" rings to boost her attacks and allow her to move with an ultrahigh speed.

so it's some sort of tech gadget.

I think the character is OK… giving a non-ninja a fancy over-the-top style for once is fine (well I guess Honoka kinda qualifies… but not to that extent and she probably has “Ninja heritage”), blue hair is… whatever. Ayane's is purple after all.

I just wish they went with another trope instead of super genius fresh out of high school… ideally, I'd want a mature looking scientist (Lisa was super borderline when it comes to believability already), and I'd also prefer some stopped aging/de-aged herself due to (failed) experiment nonsense if they desperately want the midget height.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Well her profile says about her style:

so it's some sort of tech gadget.

I think the character is OK… giving a non-ninja a fancy over-the-top style for once is fine (well I guess Honoka kinda qualifies… but not to that extent and she probably has “Ninja heritage”), blue hair is… whatever. Ayane's is purple after all.

I just wish they went with another trope instead of super genius fresh out of high school… ideally, I'd want a mature looking scientist (Lisa was super borderline when it comes to believability already), and I'd also prefer some stopped aging/de-aged herself due to (failed) experiment nonsense if they desperately want the midget height.
she could be short but just older, it’s a shame that she’s not older. I think she created the gadgets that make her teleport and have lighting herself, she did help Raidou becoming a cyborg. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t do some self experimentation.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Yup. Now officially love what they've done with GEiCO and I think she may be one of TN's most creative designs yet. Her name is the chemical formula for Nickel Carbonate which is used in the production of some batteries, obviously for plating ceramics, the production of some electronic components, and is a viable conductor of heat and electricity. When used for these purposes the combined compounds range from bright green to, you guessed it, the blue from her color palette. This combined with her use of Fleming's Left-Hand/Right-Hand rules for Electric Motors/Generators respectively already means TN have been doing their research with her and she's not just some lazily thrown together Animoo waifu (Though her aesthetic is definitely most certainly gunning for that fanbase). Combined with her decidedly NOT innocent adolescent personality and flashy fighting style, she's definitely going to be a character I pick up in 6. :)
300px-RightHandOutline.png
[IMG='width:307px;']https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/LeftHandOutline.png[/IMG]

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not really into her default design all that much but I do have to say I love her alternate look xD She actually looks alot more mature imo without the silly details her default has

IMG_ka1vet.jpg

Also tbh I don't really get loli vibes from her, she's short but she does act and dress alot more mature than Marie and Honoka do. Plus shes not even flat either, I would say her bust size is pretty normal imo

just_me

Standard Donor
Fleming's Left-Hand/Right-Hand rules for Electric Motors/Generators

The memories from middle school… they are returning… arghhh (nah I actually really liked physics especially in the earlier years lol)

Cool that you picked up on those details… so even her hair color makes “sense”. I guess you could say her whole design is coherent and makes sense

Also tbh I don't really get loli vibes from her, she's short but she does act and dress alot more mature than Marie and Honoka do. Plus shes not even flat either, I would say her bust size is pretty normal imo

Well, that's the argument that led to the final blow of the redesign thread :p

I think she doesn't look any less mature in her C2 than say Kokoro, or Hitomi… but what do I know? I'm probably just some sort of pedo :p

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The memories from middle school… they are returning… arghhh (nah I actually really liked physics especially in the earlier years lol)

Cool that you picked up on those details… so even her hair color makes “sense”. I guess you could say her whole design is coherent and makes sense

Well, that's the argument that led to the final blow of the redesign thread :p

I think she doesn't look any less mature in her C2 than say Kokoro, or Hitomi… but what do I know? I'm probably just some sort of pedo :p
I don't think that's it tbh, I think people are just going by her having smaller breasts and having a same face model as Marie and Honoka and using that as an excuse to call her "loli" when she's really not tbh xD Lili and Alisa also have that issue where they have smaller breasts and dress somewhat immaturely and they're both underage but they get a pass(Although it makes sense for Lili since she has the body of a near young adult xD)

And I like her now myself, her default is garbage but I like alt since the hair is better and I like thong leotards. And I don't honestly think her design is that deep NewWest, I do like the concept but tbh they didn't put much thought into. They just made a kuudere, gave her blue hair and glasses and used some inspiration from Alisa in Tekken xD I'm surprised tho since I didn't realize kuuderes or cyber type girls were really popular in Japan atm

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
And I don't honestly think her design is that deep NewWest, I do like the concept but tbh they didn't put much thought into. They just made a kuudere, gave her blue hair and glasses and used some inspiration from Alisa in Tekken xD I'm surprised tho since I didn't realize kuuderes or cyber type girls were really popular in Japan atm
I.... Don't follow lmao. Her name is actually the chemical formula for Nickel Carbonate. NiCO3 if you want to be specific.
SS2648152.jpg

And the signs she makes with her hands are not just in her posework but mixed into her fighting style as well, typically when she's using the shock effect of her moves or moving at hyper speed. The hand signs are way too prevalent to just be a lazy addition as they had to take the time to work them into the animations for the model, and they can be nothing else but Fleming's rules xD They're way too specific.

You say I'm reading too much into it but these are surface level observations that everyone can make if you look past her general aesthetic.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I.... Don't follow lmao. Her name is actually the chemical formula for Nickel Carbonate. NiCO3 if you want to be specific.
SS2648152.jpg

And the signs she makes with her hands are not just in her posework but mixed into her fighting style as well, typically when she's using the shock effect of her moves or moving at hyper speed. The hand signs are way too prevalent to just be a lazy addition as they had to take the time to work them into the animations for the model, and they can be nothing else but Fleming's rules xD They're way too specific.

You say I'm reading too much into it but these are surface level observations that everyone can make if you look past her general aesthetic.
Oh I mean appearance wise in general tho, I can see the posing with her hands and names but I just mean like costume and design wise I think the cosmetic outfit and such she wears isnt as deep but her name and hand signs I can see what you mean. It's just a shame her actual design couldn't be as deep as that but then again DOA is more known for deep characterization more or so than deep character appearance design xD

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Oh I mean appearance wise in general tho, I can see the posing with her hands and names but I just mean like costume and design wise I think the cosmetic outfit and such she wears isnt as deep but her name and hand signs I can see what you mean. It's just a shame her actual design couldn't be as deep as that but then again DOA is more known for deep characterization more or so than deep character appearance design xD
Ohhhhh! Yeah I agree. Costume design wise she's not... Particularly following the theme they've got going for her with the name and style. You're right. Hopefully she gets some really cool stuff. Hell I would be down with a suit similar to the Ayane/Kasumi training dummy outfits without the helmet that has a glowing circuit design on it connecting to her rings that makes her entire body look like a conductor that she could wear under some stuff. With her designs I'd love it if they backed off the ANIMOO CYBER KAWAII LAB GURL stuff and went full bore "She actually has a PHD in Electrophysics and Chemistry." with at least a few of her designs.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ohhhhh! Yeah I agree. Costume design wise she's not... Particularly following the theme they've got going for her with the name and style. You're right. Hopefully she gets some really cool stuff. Hell I would be down with a suit similar to the Ayane/Kasumi training dummy outfits without the helmet that has a glowing circuit design on it connecting to her rings that makes her entire body look like a conductor that she could wear under some stuff. With her designs I'd love it if they backed off the ANIMOO CYBER KAWAII LAB GURL stuff and went full bore "She actually has a PHD in Electrophysics and Chemistry." with at least a few of her designs.
Yeah I would love that too! I wouldn't even a full pimped out techno battle suit either, like something that's not too revealing but it could be akin to an iron man type suit xD she's also supposed to be getting something I think with the deluxe battle gear preorder DLC so I hope she gets something that's not so wrestler themed and maybe battle suit type like what C viper has in SF where her "business" suit is actually hidden with different weapons and abilities <3

a94e6cefbe306ce1c927f0692e2b290d.jpg

Speaking of tbh, Nico actually gives me C viper vibes too since C viper also uses electricity and has a similar personality and motives with aiding the villains 0.o

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Yeah I would love that too! I wouldn't even a full pimped out techno battle suit either, like something that's not too revealing but it could be akin to an iron man type suit xD she's also supposed to be getting something I think with the deluxe battle gear preorder DLC so I hope she gets something that's not so wrestler themed and maybe battle suit type like what C viper has in SF where her "business" suit is actually hidden with different weapons and abilities <3

View attachment 26497

Speaking of tbh, Nico actually gives me C viper vibes too since C viper also uses electricity and has a similar personality and motives with aiding the villains 0.o
I approve of this direction. With the mixed reactions she has gotten so far it would be nice for them to address it by giving her some actual genius level additions to her costume designs. The rings are a pretty awesome touch they could do a lot with them combined with her use of the Fleming's rules to really make some cheeky designs that give a nod to actual Electrophysics. I agree with the C.Viper parallels and I hope we get to see some similar stuff from her that really flaunts her status as a decidedly "Not Good" character and really enforce that she's not just some surface level pawn for MIST but one of their lead scientists that's invested in Donovan's treachery.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I love how deep they kinda went with her design. Honoka is probably the laziest design of TN. Her entire appearance and movesets are from other existing characters, she really needs to be her own character.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Now I can definitely see what they meant when they said her character was "voluminous", I think they were trying to reference her design's strong parallels to science xD and here I was months ago just thinking she was an angel or something, I was so foolish >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD