“Alright then... let us begin the experiment” NiCO General/Gameplay discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining_Wave

All this chemistry and physics stuff you're pointing out is causing me to develop a little respect for this character. I noticed the three rings she's wearing on each hand match the Fleming thing you mentioned. Cool. What's the logo on her tie? Is that a MIST logo?

But all i see when i look at her is Ayanami Rei... her undergarment looks a little like like a plugsuit.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not sure if anyone posted this but this is her battle deluxe preorder costume:

IMG_20181120_231412.jpg

I actually love it, it gives me Blair dame vibes xD

blaire-dame-fighting-layer-artwork.png

I'll definitely be using this outfit when comes out with her secondary hair for a darker appearance :-D

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So as a lot of you know, I've been VERY busy with Soul Calibur this past month and will continue to be, even after DOA 6 releases.

That said, I'll be juggling both games. I never say things like "This is my new main" or anything like that before a game drops, but right now she will be the definite focus of my efforts so you can look forward to some character breakdowns on my channel down the road.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So as a lot of you know, I've been VERY busy with Soul Calibur this past month and will continue to be, even after DOA 6 releases.

That said, I'll be juggling both games. I never say things like "This is my new main" or anything like that before a game drops, but right now she will be the definite focus of my efforts so you can look forward to some character breakdowns on my channel down the road.

Didn't you expect to be interested. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Macca Beam

I wish we had gotten her before Marie Rose so she wouldn't be getting hit with that stigma.
well, if this happened you'd just be hearing "this series went downhill with nico, oh look a nico clone, blah blah" for years on end instead, which doesn't improve anything (especially when some swore on them being equivalent)
and although she had a stigma, she's not the only character getting hit here. and all because some rabid waifufriends didn't get what they want, since a little ~open-mindedness~ would prevent any stigma and bickering from happening

also complaining about things looking similar in dead or alive pfft

i used to make shitposts about how the name sounds like a chemical compound but it's real, huh

But all i see when i look at her is Ayanami Rei...
it's a Rei clone in terms of appearance and personality. the short blue hair over eye after you knock the hairclip off is an attempt to grab the Rem audience as well
speaking of which, this is actually the most anime personality they've come up with yet since nobody really acts and speaks with such a deliberate lack of emotion

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
well, if this happened you'd just be hearing "this series went downhill with nico, oh look a nico clone, blah blah" for years on end instead, which doesn't improve anything (especially when some swore on them being equivalent)
and although she had a stigma, she's not the only character getting hit here. and all because some rabid waifufriends didn't get what they want, since a little ~open-mindedness~ would prevent any stigma and bickering from happening

also complaining about things looking similar in dead or alive pfft

i used to make shitposts about how the name sounds like a chemical compound but it's real, huh

it's a Rei clone in terms of appearance and personality. the short blue hair over eye after you knock the hairclip off is an attempt to grab the Rem audience as well
speaking of which, this is actually the most anime personality they've come up with yet since nobody really acts and speaks with such a deliberate lack of emotion
Many people that work in labs and such lack emotions when I think of it. I mean if she works and experiments on living creatures it’s kinda natural for her to lack emotions.

RetroMe91

NiCO is growing on me more and more, especially after learning about how deep the character design choices go. I also love that battle suit from the deluxe set (even though it just looks like her alt costume without the skirt and blazer). Hopefully she is just as fun to play as she looks. I actually like her design and backstory.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I have edited the thread, it now also serves as a gameplay thread so that we do not need a separate gameplay thread for NiCO

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Can't wait. At first I was just excited to see what's changed with Tina and Lisa and work off the rust while learning the new mechanics. Now? Now I've got to learn the science queen too. And that's going to be even more fun. :)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I can’t wait for her, TN did say on the website that she’s quick. I wonder if she’ll be another 9 framer like Honoka.

Dr PaC

Looking forward to it!

just_me

Standard Donor
Since I'd assume a bunch of people missed it in the thread about the DoA Festival here

A recent Famitsu article about the event contains a short interview with Shimbori mainly about Nico:

――それではNiCOについて、詳しく教えてください!

新堀P NiCOは悪の組織“M.I.S.T.”の研究員でして、何か目的があって戦いに参加するキャラクターです。見た目としては、マリー・ローズよりもさらに幼い感じに見えるのを当初は狙っていたのですが、また違った魅力に溢れるキャラクターにできたと思います。

――なぜ登場させようと考えたのでしょうか?

新堀P よりかわいい子を出そう! と考えたのが発端ですね。ただ、NiCOって『DOAXVV』がサービス開始する前から作り始めていたキャラクターなんですよ。ですが、『DOAXVV』には、みさき、ルナ、たまき、フィオナと、どんどん魅力的な女の子が登場していって……(苦笑)。“かわいい”のハードルがどんどん上がっていったので、それを超えるものを作らねば! と、最初の方針を優先するのではなく、知的で中二的にカッコイイ部分をより強調していったという感じです。

――電気を使う、科学者(サイバネティシャン)なんですよね。

新堀P はい。サイバネティシャンとは、サイボーグを作ったり、ハッキングを行うなどといった“M.I.S.T.”内での役職です。科学マニアなので、それを格闘技に取り入れているのです。そして、自身は東南アジア発祥の伝統武術プンチャック・シラットの使い手でもあります。

――プンチャック・シラットとは、どんな武術なのでしょうか……?

新堀P おもに掌打などを得意とする武術で、懐に潜り込んで戦うことを得意とします。ゲーム的に言えば、相手の上段攻撃などを回避しながら攻撃するのが得意ですね。ただし、リーチは短めといった感じです。ちなみに、シラットを登場させたのは、もとから僕がシラットを『DOA』に取り入れたかったからなんです。これは『DOA5』のころからずっと考えていました。

――なるほど。PVでは雷道のようなロボットもいましたが……?

新堀P 雷道ではありません。ですが、あれが何なのかは本編を遊べば分かりますよ。これ以上は言えませんね!

――また、こころ&ラ・マリポーサも発表されましたね。

新堀P ストーリー的に、こころはいままでにないシリアスな物語に直面します。異母姉妹のエレナと何かが始まるのでは……? といったところです。ラ・マリポーサは、『DOA5』のストーリーで、ラボの爆発に巻き込まれました。ファンからは「死んだ!」と言われていて(苦笑)。ケガはしましたが、じつは生きています。不死鳥の如くリングに戻って来たというところから、今回の衣装は“フェニックス”をモチーフにしています。“マリポーサ”が“フェニックス”となることで、2倍の2億パワーになって帰ってきたわけです(笑)。ちなみに、技もたくさん増えていますよ。

And here's my attempt to clean the google translate (and quickly consult a dictionary when it didn't make any sense to me at all lol)

Please, tell us more about NiCO!

Shimbori: NiCO is a researcher for the evil organization “M.I.S.T.” and participates in the tournament for unknown reasons. I initially wanted to make a character that looks younger than Marie, but I think I managed to create a character that’s charming in other ways.

What was the thought process behind her creation?

Shimbori: Let’s make a cute little girl! That was the original idea. However we came up with the concept before DOAXVV launched and with Misaki, Luna, Tamaki, and Fiona a lot of cute girls appeared in DOAXVV… this steadily raised the bar for a cute character, so we had to make something beyond that! I think I managed to emphasize her coolness and intelligence over her cuteness.

She is a scientist (Cybernetician) that uses electricity, isn’t she?

Shimbori: Yes. Cybernetician is a job at M.I.S.T., she builds Cyborgs and is a hacker. She is a science maniac and incorporated this into her fighting style. She is also a practitioner of Pencak Silat a style originally from Southeast Asia.

What kind of martial art is Pencak Silat?

Shimbori: It is centred around Palm Strikes and sneaky attacks to the bosom (upper body?). It is also good at dodging high attacks but has limited range. By the way, I wanted to include Pencak Silat for a long time now. I have been thinking about this since DOA5.

I see. Was that a Raidou robot in the trailer?

Shimbori: It’s not Raidou. But you will figure out what it is if you play the story. That’s all I can say for now!

Kokoro and La Mariposa were also announced.

Shimbori: Story-wise, Kokoro will be involved in a serious story not seen before. What will happen between her and her half-sister Helena? La Mariposa was last seen in an exploding lab in DOA5’s story. Fans said, “Lisa is DEAD!”. She was injured but actually, she is ALIVE. She came back into the ring like a Phoenix, so her costume is Phoenix themed. By transforming from “Mariposa“ into “Phoenix” her power level doubled to 200 million *laughs*

Pretty sure @werewolfgold or @Dionysus can provide a better summary… but I think it's not super terrible… probably.

KwonJigglypuff

Thanks for the translation!

So yeah, the process was indeed to have a cute little girl. Even younger than Marie? Wow... Guess we'll see a toddler fighting with a teddy bear at some point. Why not. As long as she is not sexualized. Would be fun!

werewolfgold

Pretty sure @werewolfgold or @Dionysus can provide a better summary… but I think it's not super terrible… probably.
Ha ha, I literally just created a GFaqs topic about this. Looks good to me. The best idea I can think of for the Pencak Silat "bosom" thing is that it's known for palm strikes and sliding in close, past the guard and fighting that way. Unfortunately silat is not quite in my wheelhouse so I'd have to look into it.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Its fascinating that that was their original concept in making her. They certainly turned that around a bit (Except facially you can definitely still tell the original intent there) because she definitely looks more appropriate for 18 years of age than Marie Rose.

just_me

Standard Donor
They really could have played it a bit less safe with her face and her hair… can't be helped I guess. But at least I could believe that NiCO is actually 16-18 (in her C2 at least)

Also, some choice quotes from the gtranslate that made me laugh:

“Let's have a cute child than Shinbori P !”

“Will something start with a heterosexual sister Elena ...? ”

and my favorite:
“After shooting Niibori P, the one who does Leon's cosplay suddenly penetrated!”

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
So NiCO will be a fast close combat fighter... I hope she won’t have a horrid range like honkers because that would be upsetting.

Reactions: CFW
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD