Characters 5 most played characters Online

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
1) Most randoms I happen to encounter are, but I usually play with people that I know, however, so not really.
2) Ranks are meaningless.
1) That's what I meant, most randoms on PSN are free.
2) True, but it's a nice little ego booster to have lower ranks fear me and I'm only at B rank. Lol

Brute

Standard Donor
1) That's what I meant, most randoms on PSN are free.
2) True, but it's a nice little ego booster to have lower ranks fear me and I'm only at B rank. Lol
Randoms "fearing" me stopped boosting my ego a long, long time ago...

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Beating people with Zack is a pretty good ego booster, since people like to try and downgrade my character, and automatically route for the non-Zack player. I've been called a "Zack spamming noob" too many times on PSN to recall. How can you even spam Zack? He's not even easy to use. lol :)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Zack is very fun to use, but I use him occasionally, mainly for trolling purposes. Clown outfit and all. I like liking doing his kicks for a bit and then the little taunt at the end where he's like, "I'm right here!". Plus, his taunts are hilarious.

AkaShocka

Beating people with a bunch of characters that are totally different in all ways is the greatest ego booster. Ha, I win! :cool:

Hades

From personal experience I would say that the skill cap on the Xbox side is much higher. That being said, almost all the top players use Xbox Live to practice. Therefore people can practice and can get as good as, if not better, then said top players. Ps3 doesn't get that type of exposure. (DOA to my knowledge is the only fighting game with the better players on Xbox. Literally every other FG is uncompareable. So Let us have this!! xDDD)

Brute

Standard Donor
The skill cap on xbox is higher? The people who set that cap, ie: the top players, play on both systems, such as Rikuto, Sweet Revenge and Master. Thus, the "cap" is exactly the same.

The console elitism is stupid and I'm tired of hearing about it. There are noobs and vets on both platforms. This dick measuring contest is pointless.

Pictured Mind

So what's up with Helena? I see everyone talking about how she's so overused, but I don't see her a lot. I don't even have her as my main anymore, according to my 5U record. Back when DOA 5 said that she was my main I could understand that Helena players don't want to fight another Helena, but when she's not my main I don't see her either.

Am I the only one who doesn't see her a lot? I guess I am.

MuMuGuy

From personal experience I would say that the skill cap on the Xbox side is much higher. That being said, almost all the top players use Xbox Live to practice. Therefore people can practice and can get as good as, if not better, then said top players. Ps3 doesn't get that type of exposure. (DOA to my knowledge is the only fighting game with the better players on Xbox. Literally every other FG is uncompareable. So Let us have this!! xDDD)

As a VF5FS player, I can tell you that the skill level from an outsider looking in is terrible, but many upper echelon VF players on XBL really know their game. Some foolish design choices for the online component makes the online look scrubbier than it actually is.

A lot of top level players in VF will open private rooms, effectively keeping themselves out of the general player pool. The reason for people doing private lobbies is that there is no kick feature in VF5. If someone has a bad connection or is just bad at the game, their is no way to remove them, so private rooms alleviate this concern. The most unfortunate part of VF5 online is that higher ranking players make a concerted effort to avoid playing each other to instead pad their stats on lower ranking players.

The skill cap on xbox is higher? The people who set that cap, ie: the top players, play on both systems, such as Rikuto, Sweet Revenge and Master. Thus, the "cap" is exactly the same.

The console elitism is stupid and I'm tired of hearing about it. There are noobs and vets on both platforms. This dick measuring contest is pointless.

I agree wholeheartedly. The FGC is divided enough as it is due to game wars (ie. Tekken vs DOA and SF vs MK). The DOA community isn't exactly robust, so the last thing the community needs is petty console-based infighting.

Hades

I wasn't trying to spark an arguement. All I'm saying is that DOA players (from my experience) are more of a challange on xbox then on PS3. If I offended anyone I apologize as it was not intended, i was just commenting about something i saw in this thread earlier. Again, My apologize.

Xernuht

It's perhaps safer to say the bar isn't set higher on the Xbox, but the floor's much lower on PSN (thnx, CF).

AkaShocka

Why does this matter? I had a moment when this PSN vs XBL thing bugged me but now I realized why does it matter? XBL has players that would destroy PSN and PSN sure as hell has players that will destroy over on XBL. I think people think XBL has better players because more of the tourny players are there. But I dunno.....

Pictured Mind

Why does this matter? I had a moment when this PSN vs XBL thing bugged me but now I realized why does it matter? XBL has players that would destroy PSN and PSN sure as hell has players that will destroy over on XBL. I think people think XBL has better players because more of the tourny players are there. But I dunno.....

Actually they're scared of me because I tell everyone how good I am. :)

Edit: Just kidding tho, in case anybody was wondering.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's perhaps safer to say the bar isn't set higher on the Xbox, but the floor's much lower on PSN (thnx, CF).
I'm sure the floor is set as low as humanly possible on both consoles as well. If there was an argument to be made, and I'm not convinced there is, it would be regarding the distribution curve.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD