Characters 5 most played characters Online

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
But I'm pretty sure at tournaments, don't they always use PS3s for tournaments? I think the only reason people say the skill cap is higher on XBL is due to DOA3 and DOA4 being Xbox and Xbox 360 exclusive respectively. But there are people who do play on both systems and can dominate on either platform.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
For me the 5 Most played characters online? Well... uhm.. lemme fix my weave for this one:
1) Ayane
2) Momiji
3) Hayabusa
4) Hitomi
5) Kasumi

And on the weekends it's apparently the rise & fall of the Hitomi army for me. I shit you not I fought like over 10 back to back one time. -.-

Argentus

For me, it's been

Ayane
Ayane
Ayane
Ryu
Helena

on psn.

It's to the point where I just cancel if I see someone mains Ayane, which is a LOT OF FREAKIN PEOPLE, just because I'm so sick and tired of fighting just her all the time.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Who the hell is seeing Lisa online other than when I, or Shocka, come into town?

Hitomi
Kokoro
Kasumi
Ayane
Ryu

In no particular order

Side Note: There seems to be an influx of Eliot players lately

Pictured Mind

Have you seen a Zack? :p

Only the occasional random that uses him once and then switches to another character, like myself. Haha.

Who the hell is seeing Lisa online other than when I, or Shocka, come into town?

I actually see a pretty big bunch of spammy Lisas. The only good one I've ever played on XBL was Kodachi. All the other ones were spammy retard mating dancers.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
When I pick Leon or Gen Fu, you know it's real. Just kidding XD. I want to learn Gen Fu. Just some tips for when you ever fight my Leon. If I get you in stun, I will NOT, and SHALL NOT jab, or do any follow up. I'll start charging charge-ups and wait till the the opponent is finished their stun and tries to :P: or :6::P: me, or if they hold, and let it rip. If I launch you, I will not do a strike combo, it is solely breakable wall air-throw. I love going against the grain.

Anyways. In DOA5V, I picked up Gen Fu, and I had a decent time with him. BUT! I lost "The Touch" when I played DOA5U, so, I'm going to train the HELENA out of him. I have a decent Helena too actually. They are my top 5 characters. Recap:
1st: Zack
2nd: Leon
3rd: Gen Fu
4th: Bayman
5th: Helena

Xernuht

I'm sure the floor is set as low as humanly possible on both consoles as well. If there was an argument to be made, and I'm not convinced there is, it would be regarding the distribution curve.

Well, I'm PSN-only, so I can't speak from experience. Just external observation.

Chapstick

I fought two Lisas last night. Forget what the other one's ID was but one had godslayer in their ID if that rings any bells. There was one night I fought 3 Zacks. Last night I saw a pretty good one fighting someone.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I fought two Lisas last night. Forget what the other one's ID was but one had godslayer in their ID if that rings any bells. There was one night I fought 3 Zacks. Last night I saw a pretty good one fighting someone.
Maybe it was me... But if he wasn't using C1, C5 or Legacy DLC, there's NO chance that that was me.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
For me, it's been

Ayane
Ayane
Ayane
Ryu
Helena

on psn.

It's to the point where I just cancel if I see someone mains Ayane, which is a LOT OF FREAKIN PEOPLE, just because I'm so sick and tired of fighting just her all the time.

Who do you use? Most Ayanes that I encounter try to beat me with the stupidest shit in 2 or 3 bar connections. I really wish that TN didn't make Ayane or Hayabusa free. They didn't think through the CF very well.

Pictured Mind

Who do you use? Most Ayanes that I encounter try to beat me with the stupidest shit in 2 or 3 bar connections. I really wish that TN didn't make Ayane or Hayabusa free. They didn't think through the CF very well.

I play on 360 but it feels like I'm chilling on XBL core fighters. Ayane, Kasumi, Hayabusa, Hayate and Hitomi are everywhere.

Argentus

I use Leon and Mila. Ayanes are especially frustrating because even with Mila, I play as a power character, so unlike AYANE, I can't just keep mashing straight through lag and have a dozen attacks come out in 2 seconds regardless.

And no, they didnt. Core fighters shoulda been

Kasumi
Hitomi
Lei Fang
Bayman

For good variety.

A ninja, a balanced character, a grappler/power character, and a something else. Lei fang coulda been swapped out for someone else, like christie, or brad wong.

But not just ALL THE NINJAZ that they wound up actually doing.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I use Leon and Mila. Ayanes are especially frustrating because even with Mila, I play as a power character, so unlike AYANE, I can't just keep mashing straight through lag and have a dozen attacks come out in 2 seconds regardless.

And no, they didnt. Core fighters shoulda been

Kasumi
Hitomi
Lei Fang
Bayman

For good variety.

A ninja, a balanced character, a grappler/power character, and a something else. Lei fang coulda been swapped out for someone else, like christie, or brad wong.

But not just ALL THE NINJAZ that they wound up actually doing.

Mila's actually about the same striking speed as Ayane on average. Ayane just has faster lows. So speed isn't really an issue. Believe me, Mila can mash in lag if she wanted too (6PP anyone...?) In fact, Mila can deal with Ayane just fine thanks to her great pokes, useful OHs, good range, and good damage. Just stay on top of Ayane when you have the advantage. But yeah, Ayane is really annoying to fight in lag because you can't react to her mix-ups properly and she thus gets away with too much bullshit.

Brute

Standard Donor
Mila has an i12 mid. Ayane's at i13 (unless BT, in which case she gets that hilariously stupid i11 move that proves TN was on crack through at least part of DOA5's development).

Then again Tina has an i12 mid and an i11 when BT. So whatevs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD