A Discussion of sexualised design of male/female characters

UpSideDownGRUNT

He never wore shades outside of one costume before DOA5, Hayate has that same hair, 80s rockstar style? The only thing even close to that is C1 and even then that's pushing it.

He says that for all characters, that isn't proof that he is Ein.

Whatever, we're both being stubborn as hell and it's going nowhere. I'm just gonna delete all the previous posts so as not to get this thread derailed /locked.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Are you serious? Now this thread is even more of a mess...
Simple solution, edit /delete all the posts that are just us arguing.

Although I did delete too far and ended up deleting the post that started this mess...

And yes I did add Lightning to tactical/uniforms because that costume is her officers Guardian Corps. Uniform so it firs the theme.

Nikotsumi

The last page is indeed a mess, but i definitely prefer this over the previous one......
Speaking of the West and perverted... Does anyone here know "Meidocafe": https://twitter.com/Meidocafe He's a Swiss-German otaku who's just a tad insane. XD

Cb_enTnWwAAa895.jpg

Some more, also some NSFW stuff:
Ca70JcbWAAInCWK.jpg:large

CayVHSkUcAAXBlw.jpg

CcDsZaTUMAE9idf.jpg

Cc3ElSBWAAADvHJ.jpg

CXKNWL2WYAEW0FJ.jpg:large

A Marie Rose cosplayer as a toilet lid... o__O
One word : CREEPY. Shouldn't have checked this thread...... my poor eyes D:
Marie Rose, that Marie cosplayer and my reaction :
lol.gif

Argentus

Probably yes lol(atleast here), I'm more into skinny jeans and tight fitting clothes.

Though tactical gear/uniforms done right can look pretty cool/sexy
View attachment 20277View attachment 20278
images
Rebecca yes, other two not so much for me. Never liked lightnings look and that Lara outfit for the same reason: the jacket/body armor makes them look much fatter than they really are.

In lightning case the jacket distorts her physique and flares her hips too much. The Lara one, itmakes her look like a barrel lol

Don't get me wrong, I like me some hips like Rebecca there

RebeccaNew_4053.png

images

Lightning just always looked...housewifey to me and not even in the good way

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Don't forget Vanille! :-D
My-iPhone-5-Wallpaper-HD-Entertainment-oerba-dia-vanille-final-fantasy-xiii.jpg

I love her design so much, so ornamental and homely while remaining practical. Her hair is also at an acceptable and sensible length too for an adventure.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
watching jojos bizarre adventure and its quite living up to its reputation and name.

anyhow this is the anime version
GrtUWFC.png

this is the manga version
0131.jpg

either they're wearing the tightest thongs in history or there is NOTHING there.

Jadeinchains

Vanille and Fang have such great designs ( and hair ) in fact I'd say all the character designs in the XIII trilogy were great. They were obsessed with pink hair though considering 3 out of 4 female main characters had it!

Also I was on the wikia and could you believe that Vanille is apparently 19 years old in XIII!? I swear I thought she was a 14/15 year old the whole way through it!

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Vanille and Fang have such great designs ( and hair ) in fact I'd say all the character designs in the XIII trilogy were great. They were obsessed with pink hair though considering 3 out of 4 female main characters had it!

Also I was on the wikia and could you believe that Vanille is apparently 19 years old in XIII!? I swear I thought she was a 14/15 year old the whole way through it!
I thought she was way younger too, she looks almost as young as Hope (Another character I like) or at least a year or two older
@Russian-chiropractic19 So THAT'S JBA?? I thought it was like a kid's show or something, but here they have tribal muscular men wearing thongs....guess you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover. :-/

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I thought she was way younger too, she looks almost as young as Hope (Another character I like) or at least a year or two older
@Russian-chiropractic19 So THAT'S JBA?? I thought it was like a kid's show or something, but here they have tribal muscular men wearing thongs....guess you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover. :-/

i can't even describe JBA, but kid friendly is certainly not one of the adjectives i would use. not because of the asses so much as its super fucking violent and gorey. in the anime some nazi gets his leg chopped off then a pillar man breaks all the bones in his own body and hides in the nazis wounded leg like a fucking squid. also named characters die all the time like its game of thrones.

i cant even tell who this was made for. its presented like seinen, but filled with tons of male fanservice, but has shounenish plots.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Now that does sound bizarre! XD But it doesn't sound any worse than other animes I've seen. Shimoneta, and Prison School were definitely way out of this world with the sexual content and undertones they had.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Now that does sound bizarre! XD But it doesn't sound any worse than other animes I've seen. Shimoneta, and Prison School were definitely way out of this world with the sexual content and undertones they had.

The weird thing is Jojo doesn't really have those undertones despite having having scenes like that. It's just a lot of weird poses, outfits and, partial nudity. Nobody acknowledges any of what's going as a strange or embarrassing.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
The weird thing is Jojo doesn't really have those undertones despite having having scenes like that. It's just a lot of weird poses, outfits and, partial nudity. Nobody acknowledges any of what's going as a strange or embarrassing.
Not ever? Ok, that's weird, mainly the fact that no one says anything or acknowledges the strange stuff that's happening around them....kinda like in today's society.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Only Lightning and Serah have Rose hair(which makes sense as they're sisters), Vanille's hair is actually orange/ginger.

And I thought the same lol which I why I thought she went well with Hooe, but instead they had that whole HopeXLight thing which shippers took way too seriously. I wanted LightXFang

FunFact: Fang was originally meant to be a male and her flirty/playful attitude originally belonged to Lightning(when lightning had a more crimson hair colour) but in the end they decided flirty and playful would fit a FemFanf and made Lightning alot more moody and slap happy.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Rebecca yes, other two not so much for me. Never liked lightnings look and that Lara outfit for the same reason: the jacket/body armor makes them look much fatter than they really are.

In lightning case the jacket distorts her physique and flares her hips too much. The Lara one, itmakes her look like a barrel lol

Don't get me wrong, I like me some hips like Rebecca there

RebeccaNew_4053.png

images

Lightning just always looked...housewifey to me and not even in the good way

I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of outfits like the one Rebecca has because I feel that it's a bit overdone, same with Jill's in RE1. Don't get it wrong I do like Tactical outfits at times but mainly when it's something like RE2 Leon's, Jill's in RE1 somehow looks fake.

watching jojos bizarre adventure and its quite living up to its reputation and name.

anyhow this is the anime version
GrtUWFC.png

this is the manga version
0131.jpg

either they're wearing the tightest thongs in history or there is NOTHING there.

JJBA is very unapologetic in that regard and somehow, it comes off as very badass rather than completely ridiculous. Again, I think it's mainly how the author is completely shameless and most people see men doing this as out there compared to females in which it defaults to sexy no matter what.

You thought Vanille was 14/15? I mean damn lol.

Jadeinchains

I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of outfits like the one Rebecca has because I feel that it's a bit overdone, same with Jill's in RE1. Don't get it wrong I do like Tactical outfits at times but mainly when it's something like RE2 Leon's, Jill's in RE1 somehow looks fake.

JJBA is very unapologetic in that regard and somehow, it comes off as very badass rather than completely ridiculous. Again, I think it's mainly how the author is completely shameless and most people see men doing this as out there compared to females in which it defaults to sexy no matter what.

You thought Vanille was 14/15? I mean damn lol.

How old did you think she was. Cause I mean her personality and mannerisms is that of an 8 year old half the time so its so hard to tell. Like GRUNT said They also call her and Hope kids through out the game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD