DOA5U Akira Tutor Nights - Xbox

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I only played like two or three matches in DOA5 with Wah and that was at the exact moment I made that post. Sorry.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I've got a bunch of new tech for Wed. Bakano, I think I've figured out the guaranteed CB without being conscience of an open or closed stance on both players. I need to run more tests.

When paying attention to both player's stances, I now understand how it works. You want to knock the opponent so they perform a blind side 180. They waste a step to cross their body. You want to match their stance. Offline, you don't have to pay attention to stance, but online, due to lag, you can only rely on the blind side step.

Incognito

Wait, open and closed stance. Isn't that just, the direction his body is facing. Like if his right arm is out foward, then it would be this stance and vise versa?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Yup. It isn't any special command. If Akira's chest is facing the screen, it's an open stance. If his back is facing the screen, it's a closed stance.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Bakano came up with a guaranteed CB combo after the 2nd hit, but couldn't make it reliable. I did a bit of training to understand why it would fail at times. It takes a lot of awareness, but I can see this being a powerful tool.

I also came up with a way to refresh thresholds, but I need to test it against a slow escaping opponent to say that it's fool proof. I got some neat set ups for the GBoD as well.

Should be an eventful Wednesday this week.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Any new comers, you are welcome to join. When you get on, send me a message so I know to send you a room invite. It will be a private lobby.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Did this happen last night? I got called into work and couldn't attend. I failed so hard at showing up this week.

Incognito

It kinda did and didn't lol. When you got off, I was the only Akira on at the time. Then Zeo got on and we played for a bit. His controller was glitched so his mic wouldn't work, but I gave him the notations for the CB setup. He said he'd work on it. Other than that, it was just Zeo and I, along with Tamisu and his friend.

Zeo

It kinda did and didn't lol. When you got off, I was the only Akira on at the time. Then Zeo got on and we played for a bit. His controller was glitched so his mic wouldn't work.
No no no no no. I said it was glitched so it looks like it's always plugged in even when it's not. My mic itself works fine if I actually plug it in, but don't try to talk to me without checking or I won't hear you.

Incognito

Ohhhh. My bad. Well either way, it was still funny gettin' to hear Tamisu yell at you from his mic xD

Incognito

Oh just random things lol. Just messin' around honestly. He didn't think you had a mic and I informed him that you did you just don't use it often. He told you to plug in your mic and be more social xD When you said you needed to eat he laughed and made some random troll-like comments. Like I said, just messin' around.

saikyom

hi everyone
I'm really happy ,I was from the first people to main akira in doa 5 (I play him since virtua fighter 2) :)
in the beginning there was few infos and it was hard to find anything on forums, my xbox did rodd so i was off for a long time, and now that i check the forum back, it's alive and kicking, just wanted to thank you all for what you're doing, and i saw neo rebirth matches and it was awesome :) keep the good work.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I should rename this to the Xbox Bakano & Sly Bass collaboration nights. Is there not another soul out there?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD