DOA5U Akira Tutor Nights - Xbox

Incognito

I should rename this to the Xbox Bakano & Sly Bass collaboration nights. Is there not another soul out there?
Just me. I don't see Zeo play much anymore. Waiting for the patch. I just talked to SweetRevenge. He'll play some matches with me after he plays a tourney. 'Cause he doesn't wanna play on the old patch before going into a tourney (I wouldn't blame him).

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
'Cause he doesn't wanna play on the old patch before going into a tourney (I wouldn't blame him).
I hear you on that. I think it's a big reason why I'm no longer going to Winter Brawl. That and I don't want to spend another 100 bucks to mod my joystick to understand a PS3.

Incognito

I hear you on that. I think it's a big reason why I'm no longer going to Winter Brawl. That and I don't want to spend another 100 bucks to mod my joystick to understand a PS3.
Yeahhhh. I just want a converter that is reliable and doesn't give me laggy inputs. That's all.

Zeo

Was going to show up tonight, ended up feeding my nephew which took 2 hours. Sorry guys.

Zeo

Came in really late but, I got wrecked. Not playing for a month then jumping right in without warming up really effected my play. I felt like the punching bag of the night. Need to work up the motivation to play more. Seriously need to run it back against 2 certain players.

Incognito

Came in really late but, I got wrecked. Not playing for a month then jumping right in without warming up really effected my play. I felt like the punching bag of the night. Need to work up the motivation to play more. Seriously need to run it back against 2 certain players.
Hehe <3

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Galen and I had a, "How to troll you opponents" combo building session prior to the large room yesterday.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So I got myself a Vita and DOA5+. I must say, it is pretty freakin awesome. I can actually play Akira and pull off his :H*+K:. The online matches have been solid. No complaints.

The only thing that is regretful is that there is no lobby matches. Strictly search or individual invite only.

EDog21

So after my recent performance I"m jumping off the Zack and Tina on to the Akira train. Can you teach me the way?! That's assuming I don't lag too bad of course lol.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Sure. Add me as a friend. Just some fair warning, you'll hate Akira if your connection is bad.

EDog21

Sure it'll be ok. Only other thing im worried about is when I do the knee I make a very exagerrated button press with my left hand. Not that anyone would watch my hands or anything, but it's big enough to notice without trying. I figure I can try to switch to a stick, change my button layout, or just learn to do it faster.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Sure it'll be ok. Only other thing im worried about is when I do the knee I make a very exagerrated button press with my left hand. Not that anyone would watch my hands or anything, but it's big enough to notice without trying. I figure I can try to switch to a stick, change my button layout, or just learn to do it faster.
Never use two hands to execute the knee. What is easiest for me on a pad is binding guard to A. All you have to do is quickly slide your thumb from A to B. I compare it to snapping your fingers. Thumb moves at the same speed, and you'll want to completely slide your thumb across the B and off the side of the controller. Don't stop on the B button.

EDog21

I see. Didn't like doa 2 use to have a as guard and x as throw? That sounds alot more efficient I'll have to work on that for Civil War hopefully.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I see. Didn't like doa 2 use to have a as guard and x as throw? That sounds alot more efficient I'll have to work on that for Civil War hopefully.
Read up on all the stuff I've posted in here. I feel as if I've brain dumped more information about this character than any other character sub forum. It's a lot to digest, so I recommend taking sections and learning the execution. When you can start executing the guard break, :236::P+K:, :4::3::P+K:, :236::P:, :4::6::P+K: it really messes with people's psyche.

EDog21

Yeah try to do it when possible, but sucks when people just attack through it lol. Just gotta practice making sure I use right moves at right time also.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Yeah try to do it when possible, but sucks when people just attack through it lol. Just gotta practice making sure I use right moves at right time also.
Look at the tips and tricks section. I've put different set ups in there for it.

EDog21

Sorry I missed yesterday. I was in a walking dead marathon while playing chaos rings on my phone, and feeling out paperwork for job im applying for. As evidence from the videos posted, I felt like I couldn't move when he attacked me. I don't have the movement fluidity yet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD