Anime/Manga Talk

UnD34D

So I saw the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie. It is fucking awesome. It goes until Kenshin kills the opium dealer that kidnapped Megumi, and that gang that protects him is kind of muddled together, but its fucking awesome. Note I saw it without subtitles and I don't speak Japanese though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I finished it. It was pretty good but there's very little action and it's very...quirky. Decent setup for the game, though.

d3v

P4 Animation has a different ending from the game though. It doesn't exactly follow the true ending and cuts a few things (Izanami) out.

d3v

I can only wish someone would put out a Cromartie fighting game. Freddie and Mechazawa for god tier!

qoodname

Just finished watching guilty crown and i have to say i didnt enjoy an anime as much as guilty crown in a long time! It could have been better plot wise cuz it was kinda predictable from time to time (even though the story itself isnt bad in my opinion) but besides that i really enjoyed it. The character development is good, the animations are top notch and the soundtrack is one of best ive ever heard for an anime! I really recommend you atleast taking a look at it if you havent seen it!

If you have seen it already id like to hear your thoughts about it aswell of course.

TRI Mike

I don't really like long anime because I tend to lose interest rather quickly. It took me months to watch Code Geass because the series has more than 50 episodes. I recently watched High School of the Dead, ToraDora, Queen's Blade, Divergence Eve, and will soon start Gundam 00 and Samurai Girls.

Yeah I like ecchi.

Darth Lotonic X

I don't really watch anime anymore but I keep up with the manga for One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto. I'm finding Naruto to be the most interesting at the moment. Bleach is shit, and I feel that One Piece has passed it's high point.

Dr_Tom

Neon Genesis Evangelion is epic (when watched with the End of Evangelion) and I'm pumped for the third and fourth Rebuild movies
The Eva movies are ridiculous. The first was pretty straightforward, but the second really shook things up. I'm eagerly awaiting the 3rd and 4th movies.

I'm still very iffy on the Rebuild movies. First one was great and was basically a recap of the first 7 episodes with some much improved animations and fights(that Ramiel fight! Holy shit!). The second one completely diverted from the series, which I'm ok with and enjoyed immensely. What bugs me about the movies is the changes to the characters. Shinji having a back bone this time around is nice, and new character Mari intrigues me to no end. But the changes to Asuka and Rei don't sit well with me. Rei developing feelings like she has in the movies just feels wrong, and where she's trying to unite Shinji and Gendo by inviting them to her apartment for a home cooked meal....it just doesn't feel like Rei anymore. Asuka for the most part was awesome in Rebuild 2...until we see her cooking a meal, presumably for shinji(as teased about by Misato when she catches Asuka cooking). I don't know, I love the Rebuild movies, they're a lot of fun to watch, but there are things that make it seem less like Evangelion to me and more....generic I guess.

Kaworu intrigues me a lot too. He's the only character so far that seems to have ties to the old TV series. Like Rebuild isn't a re-imagination of the TV series but an alternate universe or time loop where Kaworu is the only character who knows of and remembers that universe/time loop.

qoodname

Yeah I like ecchi.

You might be interested in ''Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou'' then. Its just 12 episodes long and actually quite funny.
If you like the whole romance stuff like ToraDora you might like ''Ano Hi Mita Hana No Namae O Bokutachi Wa Mada Shiranai'' aswell.

DrDogg

I'm still very iffy on the Rebuild movies. First one was great and was basically a recap of the first 7 episodes with some much improved animations and fights(that Ramiel fight! Holy shit!). The second one completely diverted from the series, which I'm ok with and enjoyed immensely. What bugs me about the movies is the changes to the characters. Shinji having a back bone this time around is nice, and new character Mari intrigues me to no end. But the changes to Asuka and Rei don't sit well with me. Rei developing feelings like she has in the movies just feels wrong, and where she's trying to unite Shinji and Gendo by inviting them to her apartment for a home cooked meal....it just doesn't feel like Rei anymore. Asuka for the most part was awesome in Rebuild 2...until we see her cooking a meal, presumably for shinji(as teased about by Misato when she catches Asuka cooking). I don't know, I love the Rebuild movies, they're a lot of fun to watch, but there are things that make it seem less like Evangelion to me and more....generic I guess.

Kaworu intrigues me a lot too. He's the only character so far that seems to have ties to the old TV series. Like Rebuild isn't a re-imagination of the TV series but an alternate universe or time loop where Kaworu is the only character who knows of and remembers that universe/time loop.

I'm okay with the changes because I've seen the Eva series and the End of Eva movie. I know how that goes and I'm okay with getting a semi-fresh take on it. If I want to see the original, I have multiple ways to watch that.

Vanity Assassin

So I saw the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie. It is fucking awesome. It goes until Kenshin kills the opium dealer that kidnapped Megumi, and that gang that protects him is kind of muddled together, but its fucking awesome. Note I saw it without subtitles and I don't speak Japanese though.
I really want to see that, I've always loved Kenshin

UnD34D

I really want to see that, I've always loved Kenshin
It's definitely worth it if you get a chance to. The actors they got to portray everyone look very legit. The only one I wasn't very impressed by was the dude who plays the leader of the gang in that portion of the series. I can't remember his name and I'm to lazy to look it up, but he ends up joining Kenshin in the anime and fighting Shishio. They just made his gang an amalgamation into one character, and he only uses one dagger instead of two.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD