Anti-Rachel strats, tips, and tricks thread.

DR2K

Wtf? Why is this? How that safe? Is it because the other person getting up or whatever?

The other person is in recovery frames while they're teching the 2K. So Rachel has around +11 of Advantage. I don't know if she can do it from every set up/knockdown though.

Take a look at the first round for an example of the tech.

MasterHavik

Well it seems you're best bet is to stay on the offense and hope for the best.But that video is an example to all us Rachel players. We shouldn't just be banking on the vortex/blender. We need to still play a full game.

Last edited:

Kayin Amoh

Best bet? Start praying. The Vigoorian's gonna rearrange some things, but you might just make it out alive without being transformed into a bloody, quivering mess.

Though yeah, speedy aggression seems to be the best defence. She doesn't seem to have much quick interrupters.

MasterHavik

Best bet? Start praying. The Vigoorian's gonna rearrange some things, but you might just make it out alive without being transformed into a bloody, quivering mess.

Though yeah, speedy aggression seems to be the best defence. She doesn't seem to have much quick interrupters.
Oh yeah that too.

MasterHavik

lolwut?
Ryu has mid P reliance mid low string mix-up. Rachel's are godly compared to his.

Anyway, this thread is hilarious.
Hey I'm just trying to help. But hey people say that same thing as a negative for a lot of characters. Btw those mid punches that are ssable and only having one good low isn't enough let's be serious here and stop eating out Rachel use our heads folks. This thread is trying their hardest, but people like you are quick to shoot down obvious flaws with the character.

Brute

Standard Donor
only having one good low isn't enough
Her 2P is i14 and +1 on NH (high crush)
4PP2P is +8 on NH
2H+K is +5 on NH
2P+K K is a SS +15 on NH

Ryu has 2H+K/1P2K that is + frames on NH. That's it. No string mix-ups for it. You have no idea what "good lows" and "bad lows" are.

let's be serious here and stop eating out Rachel use our heads folks. This thread is trying their hardest, but people like you are quick to shoot down obvious flaws with the character.
There are not obvious flaws with this character. I have been in the lab with her for the past 2 hours going through all her frame data and "using my head." I am "trying my hardest." I'm sorry if you are unable to keep up.

Cla

Standard Donor
stop eating out Rachel
Never :cool:

Anyway... Ryu actually having.. you know... speed... makes his "few" mix-ups way more viable. You don't exactly get overwhelmed by Rachel's mid/low mix-up pressure. The fast chars like Ryu can just keep coming at you with their mix-up game. Guard Rachel's once and she's back to being helpless to getting her first hit in.

MasterHavik

Ryu has 2H+K/1P2K that is + frames on NH. That's it. No string mix-ups for it. You have no idea what "good lows" and "bad lows" are.

There are not obvious flaws with this character. I have been in the lab with her for the past 2 hours going through all her frame data and "using my head." I am "trying my hardest." I'm sorry if you are unable to keep up.

Line by line

1.LOL I don't know what good or bad lows are? Did you forget who I play? I'll leave it at that dude. I'm not here to have a war of words.

2. And I think you're not correct sir. I have sent as much as time as you i the lab with her and I see issues with the character but everyone has a boner for that stupid blender. I posted a video on the facebook group showing how going for the blender and only that is a bad habit. I have been using my head and not going nuts over good tools not "OMG she's perfect."

But I'll leave it at that dude since you wanna really turn this into dickwaving and trying to play know it and all and assume what I know.

Well she is a pretty face to look out. But whatever i'm out of this thread and i'm going to learn this character and not just get a hard on about some stupid blender.

Brute

Standard Donor
Anyway... Ryu actually having.. you know... speed... makes his "few" mix-ups way more viable. Y
Ryu is not that fast. Fasest mid is 13 frames with basically 0 mix-up potential. Next fasest is 15 frames. And with 4PK gone he has basically 0 +frame mix-ups from any of his strings on block. THe closest you get is 6KP.
1.LOL I don't know what good or bad lows are? Did you forget who I play? I'll leave it at that dude. I'm not here to have a war of words.
Don't really care. Rachel is very good low mix-ups even on NH. That's that.

2. And I think you're not correct sir. I have sent as much as time as you i the lab with her and I see issues with the character but everyone has a boner for that stupid blender. I posted a video on the facebook group showing how going for the blender and only that is a bad habit. I have been using my head and not going nuts over good tools not "OMG she's perfect."
Link it here and I'll look at it.

Raansu

Her 2P is i14 and +1 on NH (high crush)
4PP2P is +8 on NH
2H+K is +5 on NH
2P+K K is a SS +15 on NH

All of them are unsafe on block, all of them are slow, and all follow ups after hit can be blocked by any follow ups, all of which are generally slow. And what exactly is wrong with a slow character having advantage on hit?

Gen Fu can practically do the same thing btw and no one seems to have an issue with him. He can air grab you into a guaranteed kick that leaves him +4 on a character with 11 frame mids. I get it, Rachel a new character and people are freaking out instead of just learning the match up but man are people seriously overrating her.

phoenix1985gr

All of them are unsafe on block, all of them are slow, and all follow ups after hit can be blocked by any follow ups, all of which are generally slow. And what exactly is wrong with a slow character having advantage on hit?

Gen Fu can practically do the same thing btw and no one seems to have an issue with him. He can air grab you into a guaranteed kick that leaves him +4 on a character with 11 frame mids. I get it, Rachel a new character and people are freaking out instead of just learning the match up but man are people seriously overrating her.

How many safe lows in this game you do know?

Raansu

How many safe lows in this game you do know?

Is this a serious question? Practically everyone in the roster has safe lows on NH and all of Rachels lows are unsafe on block just like most of the cast. Of all the things to complain about, her lows being + on NH is one of the silliest ones.

d3v

Her vortex is pretty linear and predictable, especially if they're trying to knock you down in one string.

Brute

Standard Donor
The single best strat against Rachel is belief in your god.
Guess I should attend Church more often.

Is this a serious question? Practically everyone in the roster has safe lows on NH and all of Rachels lows are unsafe on block just like most of the cast. Of all the things to complain about, her lows being + on NH is one of the silliest ones.
No. These types of moves are uncommon for a heavyweight, especially with her general safety if she opts to end with highs/mids.
and Gen Fu has been complained about. His 3PP has been super-safe and in general he epitomizes the poke-stun reset BS that people complain about in the new DOA games. 3PP is changed now, but I hear he's even better in 5U (I just haven't learned his new stuff yet).

Raansu

Guess I should attend Church more often.

No. These types of moves are uncommon for a heavyweight, especially with her general safety if she opts to end with highs/mids.

Ya and that's exactly how a heavyweight should be designed. Slow, safe and guard break heavy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD