Anti-Rachel strats, tips, and tricks thread.

Raze

Adding a frame data sheet for Christie on FSD is something you apparently do not know how to do.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Doing something =/= Knowing how to do something

Y'know, just while we're acting like smartasses.
Also, having no laptop and having a lousy Xbox browser with limited options (and occasionally resetting) doesn't help.

Either way, my point still stands that I know how to do more than just complain.

Raze

Doing something =/= Knowing how to do something

Y'know, just while we're acting like smartasses.
Haha i like every single one of your posts outside of the Rachel forum and think your awesome.
I'm still gonna rip on the vets not doing shit to add frame data or move a good game forward.

But for ego's sake i'm the best West Coast Sarahand Vanessa player in VF5FS and have contributed in both those forums, and i'm enjoying contributing here. Sadly this site's Vets just cry and don't add data... *sigh*.

Drake Aldan

From what i've seen at TFC all the old school guys can keep their tech and keep whining about Rachel.
I agree with your general sentiment (i.e. a rising tide raises all boats), but you're getting dangerously close to a callout. ;)

But I don't know if you hang out in the type of places where people would start angrily propositioning you for money matches...

I had been planning to add Rach's data after the patch but I suppose I can start now.
Hopefully things don't get too mangled... :(

Raze

Well i'm a VF player first and i'm really liking this DOA game, I am in Washington state, a bit North of the Seattle area, but I'd love some offline. I have a ton of insanely good smoke (it's legal in this state don't freak out guys, also I remember lopedo from DOAU was a smoker, I think). I'm no super DOA n00b I just preferred VF. FS has tier and balance issues that make Rachel look like a character that gets 1hp of damage from her air throw. Which is another reason why me and my VF friends kinda laugh at this whole argument.. But I would totally be up for any local offline play, i'm a stick player rockin the Hori Fighting Edge for PS3, so would be up to play anyone locally. Frames don't hold up online, so online rank etc is worthless.

Would be totally cool to hang out and have some money matches. I'm just calling out all the vets that aren't adding in frame data because this site is anemic. But money and competitive fun is not a problem. Nobody to call out on skill level, but tons to call out on laziness.

Like I said the forums are pretty awesome, they need more data on them though, and it's not debatable.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Haha i like every single one of your posts outside of the Rachel forum and think your awesome.
I'm still gonna rip on the vets not doing shit to add frame data or move a good game forward.
Even if I did, you'd probably still hate me for trying anyway. Otherwise you wouldn't have called me out in particular.

I should be getting a laptop sometime this week. If I do this thing, don't you or anyone else give me a hard time about it. That's all I ask.

Raze

No way i'd be totally supportive, it would be really cool if you did that!!
I have not one thing against you, I just think team ninja delivered a good game, my VF friends are into it, fuzzy guards work, and I really want to get the DOA guys into adding frame data here. I do recommend them to check FSD for data, but there just isn't as much as there should be (from VF players prospective/expectations) .. I really only spotted one troll on this site who suggested Momiji buffs, for who knows why, sine she's a beast,but I digress.

But the goal is to try and get this sites veterans adding in the frame data, because it really is a solid game and it's bringing in players from other games. Our communities really push to add data and help each other improve in match ups and fundamentals. We do money matches and smack talk too, but we all add data and try and make the best of the game we all waited so long to get.

I think DOA5U is worth the same effort form it's players!

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Haha, do people really hate you or is that a running joke? I honestly haven't noticed anything. You're a bit weird, but I think you're a good guy.

Rubedood

That's not true. I know how to complain about not having something to complain about.

I know what the punch, kick, hold and throw buttons are. I know what initial, active, and recovery frames are. I know what free canceling is. I know what the conditions for a guaranteed situation are. And if my browser on the Xbox wasn't so crappy, I'd write a few more things. But speaking for myself, complaining's not the only thing I know.

Well, you're a special case, and I get a kick out of you, so obviously I wasn't referring to you

vINv

People coming up with a resolution. Thats nice to see lets all get better and grow together like were supposed to.

Drake Aldan

I do recommend them to check FSD for data, but there just isn't as much as there should be (from VF players prospective/expectations)...
That's true. I namedrop FSD where I can online but tbh they have to pretty much go digging when they get here to find things.

The templates for the frame data are up, I'll be filling it out in bits and pieces. Anyone's welcome to contribute or proof.

Princess Kasumi

I have picked up rachel 2 days ago and i "butt hurt" a rachel player that said i am a terible rachel player etc.
he did very bad rachel combos, he doesnt know how to space and use her tools right, to be honest there are many bad rachel players on doa5u but i dont know if japanese and american rachel players are better.

here is a picture of his hatemail he sent to me
wiq5xv.jpg

Itz King Beebop

I have picked up rachel 2 days ago and i "butt hurt" a rachel player that said i am a terible rachel player etc.
he did very bad rachel combos, he doesnt know how to space and use her tools right, to be honest there are many bad rachel players on doa5u but i dont know if japanese and american rachel players are better.

wiq5xv.jpg
That's called salt lol... idk there are a lot of really bad Rachel players out there, and now your job as an official Rachel player is to expose the wannabes; I found that a Rachel played right is great at exposing the lame ones... but if you can, when someone sends you hatemail, just try to help explain to them what they did wrong. I know that they most likely won't listen because they're salty for losing, but at least it will be a small step toward improving our community (out of 20-30 salty people you give advice to, 1-7 of them actually listen; these statistics are applied in fighting sports like MMA and Muay Thai, and can probably be applied to fighting games as well) AND ISN'T 66K FRAME ADVANTAGE!? WTF IS HE DOING SWINGING AFTER THAT!? Yeah... keep exposing scrubs... then educate them with your higher knowledge.

Princess Kasumi

That's called salt lol... idk there are a lot of really bad Rachel players out there, and now your job as an official Rachel player is to expose the wannabes; I found that a Rachel played right is great at exposing the lame ones... but if you can, when someone sends you hatemail, just try to help explain to them what they did wrong. I know that they most likely won't listen because they're salty for losing, but at least it will be a small step toward improving our community (out of 20-30 salty people you give advice to, 1-7 of them actually listen; these statistics are applied in fighting sports like MMA and Muay Thai, and can probably be applied to fighting games as well) AND ISN'T 66K FRAME ADVANTAGE!? WTF IS HE DOING SWINGING AFTER THAT!? Yeah... keep exposing scrubs... then educate them with your higher knowledge.
well i usaully want to help players, explain how to play and so on but most of them keep ignoreing me and harassing me istead of helping them, i am today going to make a tread on this topic, feel free to comment on it

RoboJoe

I mentioned before that in an online match with Gen Fu I was able to consistently force Rachel's FT to whiff the kick that forces you up while still getting hit by the initial stomp, thus allowing a wake up kick. I was told this was a glitch with super heavy weights (worked despite Gen Fu not being one). I was not able to reproduce that in training mode so I gave up. However, today I managed to do it at offline casuals using Pai. Unfortunately, I was zoned out trying to remember one of Pai's throw commands so I don't know exactly what I did to accomplish that, or if it was even me and not the Rachel player that did something to make it happen. It may have had to do with trying to tech while still in the air, but I'm not sure. This needs to be explored because it is a game changer against Rachel and if it could be done consistently, Rachel would lose a lot of her bite.

Itz King Beebop

wiq5xv.jpg
Now that I think about it, this is actually one of the Rachel players that have been trying to tell people how to play with Rachel on the threads...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD