Any announced changes for ryu in UDoA5?

Brute

Standard Donor
Well that Mid better guardbreak since they took away some of our guardbreakers lol I wish we had more gameplay of it since it comes out next month
It won't, seeing as it looks to be a decently safe/quick.

In general it seems Ryu's punch strings will consist of PP4P2P/4P2P and 33T mix-ups, seing as 4P2P seems to be + on NH now.

GodlyHades

It won't, seeing as it looks to be a decently safe/quick.

In general it seems Ryu's punch strings will consist of PP4P2P/4P2P and 33T mix-ups, seing as 4P2P seems to be + on NH now.

LOL this is going to be so much fun to use on Helena and Kokoro since they duck the most when fighting Busa. Though he is getting another mid and I heard it was fast. Have you seen it?

cip

Master posted a list of changes for Hayabusa somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know, where? I can't find it anymore :(

UpSideDownGRUNT

Master posted a list of changes for Hayabusa somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know, where? I can't find it anymore :(

weeks ago? the only one I know of is the E3 changes which he posted on DoAW

Hayabusa: currently has a new low throw into izuna drop. 33+throw which looks identical to his advance low punch hold.
Has a new while rising handstand looking move that is a 3in1 it seems since it hits so fast but doesnt seem as powerful as his triple kick attack. Its done WR,f+k which can sometime be annoying if you want to get 4f+k after a crouching attack but there has been ways to avoid this since doa2 so it will take some time to get used to. Its unsafe.
Hayabusas 3f+k no longer guard brakes and is a new animation that hits you twice now. Also unsafe even in string aka 4pk.
Because of the new kick animation after the move mentioned above hayabusa can no longer do that string ender against wall bounces on most characters.
Triple kicks has a new ender for mix up which is now f+k,k,p. its a mid punch. I believe its unsafe since the kick ender is still a guard break and mostly safe.
Hayabusa has somewhat of a front flip cancel for some moves now. He can do WR, handstand into 9p to cancel out of the last animation. He can also do it from 4f+k and sidestep k. I believe there might be one more he can do it from but currently cannot remember.
Advance mid kick hold is allowed in stun and believe all characters can do that now.
9k has the hard knock down like hayates p+k move so hayabusa can no longer do qcb p into 9k anymore which usually guaranteed 6p. He still gets follow ups though just like everyone else.

GodlyHades

weeks ago? the only one I know of is the E3 changes which he posted on DoAW

Hayabusa: currently has a new low throw into izuna drop. 33+throw which looks identical to his advance low punch hold.
Has a new while rising handstand looking move that is a 3in1 it seems since it hits so fast but doesnt seem as powerful as his triple kick attack. Its done WR,f+k which can sometime be annoying if you want to get 4f+k after a crouching attack but there has been ways to avoid this since doa2 so it will take some time to get used to. Its unsafe.
Hayabusas 3f+k no longer guard brakes and is a new animation that hits you twice now. Also unsafe even in string aka 4pk.
Because of the new kick animation after the move mentioned above hayabusa can no longer do that string ender against wall bounces on most characters.
Triple kicks has a new ender for mix up which is now f+k,k,p. its a mid punch. I believe its unsafe since the kick ender is still a guard break and mostly safe.
Hayabusa has somewhat of a front flip cancel for some moves now. He can do WR, handstand into 9p to cancel out of the last animation. He can also do it from 4f+k and sidestep k. I believe there might be one more he can do it from but currently cannot remember.
Advance mid kick hold is allowed in stun and believe all characters can do that now.
9k has the hard knock down like hayates p+k move so hayabusa can no longer do qcb p into 9k anymore which usually guaranteed 6p. He still gets follow ups though just like everyone else.

Ive never seen Hayabusa's Handtsnd skills before besdies the handstand throw. Is there a video where I could watch it?

GodlyHades

Brute should me an mod. Just sayin. XDD.
That was a badass storyline in the first video, I wonder what that scroll said. Now back to the handstands: They look useful like brad's but idk if we will be able to unleash them quick against fast character like christie, koko, etc,.

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute should me an mod. Just sayin. XDD
Well, those videos aren't mine, just some random ones I found on YT.

That was a badass storyline in the first video, I wonder what that scroll said.
Fans speculate it was a message from Hayate asking for Ryu's aid in the upcoming assault on DOATEC in DOA4.

Now back to the handstands: They look useful like brad's but idk if we will be able to unleash them quick against fast character like christie, koko, etc,.
They're not about speed, they're about mix-ups. For example, PP2K into hand-stand is a way better mix-up than his current PP2K move.

GodlyHades

Well, those videos aren't mine, just some random ones I found on YT.

Fans speculate it was a message from Hayate asking for Ryu's aid in the upcoming assault on DOATEC in DOA4.

They're not about speed, they're about mix-ups. For example, PP2K into hand-stand is a way better mix-up than his current PP2K move.

LOL Ryu had a PP2K XD?!!?! Thought only Hayate did XD.

EvilJun

From the looks of it, the third punch in 3PPP doesn't cause a knockback anymore, which means that string on counter hit should leave the opponent at threshold unless they have some insane reaction speed and can hold the seccond punch.

Brute

Standard Donor
LOL Ryu had a PP2K XD?!!?! Thought only Hayate did XD.
Yeah. It's his 1K (that stupid low poke that leaves him negative on normal hit and can transition into ongyoin or the charged P guard break).

From the looks of it, the third punch in 3PPP doesn't cause a knockback anymore, which means that string on counter hit should leave the opponent at threshold unless they have some insane reaction speed and can hold the seccond punch.
Or hold the third punch. Y'know, the third hit the the string. The third hit in punch stings usually being a mid P so people gradually start to just mid P hold on third hit on reaction? Still useful for Izuna baits, but y'know.
Also, that was revealed some time ago.

EvilJun

Or hold the third punch. Y'know, the third hit the the string. The third hit in punch stings usually being a mid P so people gradually start to just mid P hold on third hit on reaction? Still useful for Izuna baits, but y'know.
Also, that was revealed some time ago.

Third hit is unholdable if the second hit connects (unless they nerfed it of course, lol)

Brute

Standard Donor
Third hit is unholdable if the second hit connects (unless they nerfed it of course, lol)
That's a natural combo? Damn, I never knew. Always free-cancel the third hit to keep up the stun, lol.

SilverForte

Ya know, if the properties are the same and it is a natrual combo, I'd say that's really good as it will put them at high or maximum threshold without knocking them over like it used to be.

UpSideDownGRUNT

3PPP seems alot like it's DoA3.2 iteration as I noticed 3PPP also did not cause knock back and caused a stun in 3.2, if it's the same in 5U then that's pretty awesome.

MajesticBlue

You didn't know about the goodness that was the 3P(PP) NC at the wall? It was like one of his only good things before the patch haha. Should have read my guide bro. (lulz) The fact that the third hit KDed made it not super worthwhile to throw it out unless at the wall like EvilJun said. I wonder if it is gonna interact with the wall. I don't know if I want it to or not. It seems his wall game could be nerfed. Losing PP4PK as a wall ender isn't the end of the world but kinda sucks. That new mid kick looks lame.

Based on the way he was designed in Doa 5 I have a feeling it is no longer an NC. All most all of Ryus safe moves and things worth doing KDed. He was designed to have to take risks to start up his stun game. The patch changed it a little though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Most of you probably noticed this, but after being tagged in by Momiji, he immediately did ongyoin 6K. Could be a tag-specific thing, or it could mean his has that move outside ongyoin, which would be a nice range tool that's decently safe and crushes highs without being in gimmick stance. IIRC it could be done by normal standing 66K in DOA4, but obviously that's his GB knee in DOA5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD