Any announced changes for ryu in UDoA5?

SilverForte

On stream, Ryus WR H+K caused a bound state, I think on aerial hit, cant wait to see the izuna combos with this thing.

EvilJun

So it looks like his 46T may give him a free backturned combo now but maybe his opponent wasn't guarding after the throw, not sure.

SilverForte

Okay so this is what I saw

46T gives more advantage on hi counter
66P bound on counter hit, you can force tech afterwards with 236P, possible juggles currently unknown
WR H+K bounds, same deal as above
33T izuna, knew about this before

Sadly not much ryu was shown, no concrete evidence on whether or not 4p2p is + on normal hit, aside from the one low quality video, kinda hard to tell there.

Brute

Standard Donor
He also looked slower than turd, even moreso than in vanilla. Hoping that was just stream nonsense.

MajesticBlue

I highly doubt they made him slower. Everybody says the game looks slower but i don't see it. Though the animations look a lot different. Maybe the game will feel better. I was hoping for more solid Ryu knowledge.

Honestly though. If I can get his Iws4KP and Shoho down online I may go back to using him a lot more. I just feel so dang bad with this incarnation of Ryu. Hate not being able to have the execution play him at the highest level. Not being able to Iws4k was a major reason I had too switch. If I can't do a characters best stuff i get depressed. Im trying to get a handle on it though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly though. If I can get his Iws4KP and Shoho down online I may go back to using him a lot more. I just feel so dang bad with this incarnation of Ryu. Hate not being able to have the execution play him at the highest level. Not being able to Iws4k was a major reason I had too switch. If I can't do a characters best stuff i get depressed. Im trying to get a handle on it though.
I always heard it as "WR" = while rising, with "WS" = while standing, but w/e

Honestly, the Shoho doesn't get butchered too bad online due to the buffer system. I use the same timing for it online as offline and land it 90% of the time. Senko's a different issue. I've almost perfected it offline, but online I'm wavering around 50-60%. The way it requires all 3 inputs to be within their time window prevents buffering the next stage early, so if a lag hiccup hits one part of it, you're screwed.

UpSideDownGRUNT

well according to the stats (if you can even take those seriously) he's actually faster, in vanilla 5 he was 2 on speed and 3 on power in 5U he's 3 in speed and 4 in power and I can see some slightly faster stuff coming from him too although that could be the new animations making him look faster.

Also I'm seeing alot of DoA3 in 5U Busa's 33P and 46T, Hayate getting some old DoA3 tools, DoA3U seems more nd more like a possibility. Will TN actually do a DoA3U? probably not.

MajesticBlue

IWS is a Tekken term used to do Instant while standing moves. So it's a bad habit from that. IWR is instant while running. So that's why i didn't say IWR. I love to combine all the notation and confuse the heck out of everybody.

I play on arcade stick so I just need to re learn the muscle memory I think. Regardless I drop shoho a lot. Funny thing is I can do Raijin online pretty easily lol. I need to get them down though. Plus now that we lost PP4PK as a wall ender gotta learn his real wall game.

Nameless Sama

I want to know if the :1_: or :3_: :5: :H+K: are an averted kick is like Ayanes. I hope so. The good think is that :4: :6: :F: allows you to make combos and if you combine with the helicopter kick that would be awesome. I saw his :H+K: :K: :P: . I think that would be a very good and useful move. I think that is a very good sit stun.

Nameless

ScattereDreams

Looks like it tracks as well in case people think he'll go for the high ender. But still pointless outside of juggles, the second kick can still be crushed, unless the first kick causes a jail on block.

Juan The Man

What's jail on block mean?te="ScattereDreams, post: 115671, member: 181"]Looks like it tracks as well in case people think he'll go for the high ender. But still pointless outside of juggles, the second kick can still be crushed, unless the first kick causes a jail on block.[/quote]
What

Brute

Standard Donor
What's jail on block mean?te="ScattereDreams, post: 115671, member: 181"]Looks like it tracks as well in case people think he'll go for the high ender. But still pointless outside of juggles, the second kick can still be crushed, unless the first kick causes a jail on block.
Means if one snags, the next one must as well. For example, most people PP. If the first lands the second can't be held.

Nameless Sama

OFF Topic: Hey guys I hope we get some more people to the Hayabusa Thread. I have a bad feeling about Ultimate because I think that a little group like us will take Ryu. Its like the Hayabusa Village we are the little survivors and the other are dead. I think I can change that If I kick at the 360 other good player in the ass with my videos to change their mind I hope and Brute I will show you my 9 Izunas with three rounds in one Match too ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Ultimate comes out I will not play Online after 2 Hours practice. I will analyze Ryu with his movelist and I try to find out what I can do with his new moves with and without combo challenge . After that I will post these experience here.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD