Any announced changes for ryu in UDoA5?

MajesticBlue

That was one of his tag moves in Doa 4 I think. I have played Doa 5 tag so little I forgot all about the canned tag options.

Brute

Standard Donor
I rarely ever play(ed) Tag in any of the DOA games, though depending on how the co-op feature works in 5U, I may start.

EvilJun

Did the airgrab also get nerfed? in one of the videos the guy was trying to do 236p, 8p, 41236T but the throw whiffed though it may just have been poor execution from the player.

But if they DID nerf the height which you could do the airgrab then good bye 236P 41236T wall combo

Brute

Standard Donor
Everyone here could play Ryu better than that video.

Anyway, I was thinking: how awesome would it be if PP2K/1K became a hit-throw into a nerfed version of his ongyoin T/mid K hold? It would actually make that silly-crap move totally awesome.

Brute

Standard Donor
It was kind of a rhetorical question. I know it would be insanely awesome. :p

EvilJun

really not sure what to make of pp2k/1k lol, maybe some + frames on hit? but then again we already got 2h+k for that. Maybe just give it some better follow ups, not sure.

Brute

Standard Donor
really not sure what to make of pp2k/1k lol, maybe some + frames on hit? but then again we already got 2h+k for that. Maybe just give it some better follow ups, not sure.
If only 2H+K could be done from more strings than 1P, similar to hayte's floor sweep, Kasumi's trip, or Pai's 1H+K.

The 1K move is really ridiculous as Ryu's low mix-up from punch strings. Needs some kind of re-working, especially now that 4PK is gone. Guess we'll see how 4P2P does, but I don't see it being as useful as Hayte's sweep (frame advantage looks low from the one clip), or as freaking cool as my idea.

GodlyHades

If only 2H+K could be done from more strings than 1P, similar to hayte's floor sweep, Kasumi's trip, or Pai's 1H+K.

The 1K move is really ridiculous as Ryu's low mix-up from punch strings. Needs some kind of re-working, especially now that 4PK is gone. Guess we'll see how 4P2P does, but I don't see it being as useful as Hayte's sweep (frame advantage looks low from the one clip), or as freaking cool as my idea.
Any thoughts about his new mid? Im wondering if it will be like Hayate's where we could change it up between mid punches or switch it up to front kicks/low kicks

MajesticBlue

1k needs to stun on normal hit again. If he does have it from ongyoin it would be amazing.

If the new 4P2P it is around as good as 4P2P was in Doad it will be good. Though the new move looks like it gives more push back.

Reactions: cip

Brute

Standard Donor
Any thoughts about his new mid? Im wondering if it will be like Hayate's where we could change it up between mid punches or switch it up to front kicks/low kicks
I just haven't seen enough of it to know, sorry.

MugenXTenshin

Hello can someone give me some good tips for Ryu because I will master him. Do somebody know some good Ryu Players on 360 here ?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD