DOA5U Ayane Video Thread

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah. It felt like we were doing the same things at times. Though overall I did notice slight differences in styles.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You guys were mirroring moments of success through sets, but aside from that neither of you play the same.

You're more risky during approach, but better at keep out. Gill's flow during footsies is above yours but he has issues getting in as he relies on 66KK4 or run up throws often.

Your CQC neutral is more aggressive in that you opt for 6P3 as block pressure often. Gill's CQC neutral is basic string free cancel and throws.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Haha, how perceptive Hajin! You make it sound like we're opposites. If Gill & I became one we'd be like a Super Ayane =O.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
A couple casual matches I had recently.

Welcoming my good buddy Yurlungur back to Toronto. Oh how I dearly miss playing him!

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You have gotten better, but I really do want to see you give up that BT PPPP for the BTPP4PP7K back turned juggle. You'll net more damage if you get that juggle down.

ShinMaruku

I spent quite some time in training and some long sets. So good to see some progress. I do love my fights with Rigs.

I have been doing 3 hours in tag a week trying to squeeze in bt pp4pp7k. Timing is a bit funky but I am working at it. :)

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I agree with Hajin, what I think is hurting you the most is inconsistency with juggles and inconsistency with how you apply offense. Good usages of BT 4P+KP (though it is a complete waste to use it as a juggle, since many better options could've connected such as BT PP4PP7K & BT PP6KK4~7K for example).

Next time you go in the lab, perform BT PP4PP7K & BT PP6PK (or BT PP6P~K) and do them over and over and over until you can hit them in juggles. Hell BT PP4PPP isn't that bad an option to thanks to the quick recovery and netting only 4 less damage than BT PP4PP7K (as an additional tip, you can try BT PP4PP7K as BT PP4PP8K to see what works better).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
When you use 7P to create space from your opponent, don't leave your back to them. You can't instantaneously block from BT and leave your self open to CH's. Also when BT'ed, don't approach with the back roll, especially don't approach with BT6T. It's not an OH and is highly reactable. If you are going to approach with back rolls, don't throw out an attack, just roll~then block. Nice attempt at the 6K2K bound juggle. If the opponents techs after the knockdown, don't jump away or act defensive, continue pressure with safe attacks or throws.

ShinMaruku

Thanks for the pointers, I was using the bt throw because that fellow was not expecting it. I will work on my BT defense .

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
No problem dude!

It's still not a good move to throw out on a whim and can easily become a bad online habit due to it being unnecessarily harder to react to online. I'm not sure that the Kasumi player knew what they were doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD