Call me ungrateful

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
For all that is holy, look at DOA6's reception in general even when Nakamura stepped up, it's the same exact thing. You speak of brainwash but you are the biggest one in here. You literally took that nice juicy bait from the people upstairs with one guy being the meatshield, so you direct every bits of your anger towards the guy as intended because it's typical shit.

Did Shimbori screw up? yes he did, shit balance is typical shit. Was he the reason why DOA6 fell? No, because support doesn't just grow out of trees. My man, this discussion wasn't even rational the moment you even made the thread from what you posted, shits on you. You make a thread, people respond it with details of how it is with the game, you take it with a grain of salt for how it was handled or you grow the fuck up.

There is a time and place for things for when you wanna speak out your ass, but making a thread about a topic that's long been done and covered for the results of the game isn't the way to go. Ain't nobody hopping on a bandwagon but you. You and the rest of us don't work for the game so go sit down.

DOA got where it's at because of KT, no matter who steps up. If you want to believe it's not false then go ahead. Regardless, it won't adjust DOA6 so move on. Wait for DOA7 and then go complain there.
Yeah ok. Keep talking your shit. I see you've made this place your sanctuary for Likes, and when you don't get any you open your mouth bigger to compensate.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah ok. Keep talking your shit.

Bet your ass I will. Least I know what happened to the game. Clearly you didn't.

Likes, and when you don't get any you open your mouth bigger to compensate.

Enlighten me as to how is this relevant lol, but if this was some sort of comeback then woo boy it's a bad take. Least I actually play other games instead of constantly complaining for a game that's already covered. Heck, I don't even play it, but your salt gives me that strength for how much of a clown the posts be from you every time I read it.

Anyways, discussion is over, if it's beating up a dead horse then stop making threads about it. People already know what happened with DOA6 so move along.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Dude, you are going to get me heated with this nonsense.
How the hell are you blaming ONE GUY for the ultimate fault of the COMPANY?
Shimbori didn't cause any of the damn issues with the sexuality and the costumes, KT did!(including having to deal with the embarrassment that happened with EVO Japan).
Shimbori didn't decide to go and deal with a shit engine and a terrible budget, KT did(which they also did with DW9 and why that game was a failure... or the same with the Atlier series)

No one isn't trying to say Shimbori isn't perfect but holy fucking hell, you are basically telling a lifelong DOA developer that he should go and disappear not because he made a bad game, but he was handed terrible tools and could barely make a passable game and tell him he should have somehow turned it into fucking gold.

All you are doing is forcing them blame on a victim while leaving the actual perpetrators completely at large. When they hand you a goddamned budget, then you have to use only the budget the hand to you unless you are willing to go out of your way to pay for other expenses:
This is what a game's budget is for:
-Gathering Team Members
-Creating a Soundtrack
-Designing the engine to doing what you want it to do
-Creating the character models and the costumes they have
-Creating the Story Mode Models and making THEM do what you want to do
-Creating the Stages
-Making sure all of that shit works and iron out all of the kinks.

And they have to also hope they have the time to actually get all of that shit done. KT didn't even give them much of a budget and you wonder why the game is crap and the influence was all over the place when KT basically undermined the team at every step?
Don't blame the dude when he was given a shit hand and was told to somehow make it a Royal Flush, blame the dealer who gave them that shitty hand knowingly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dude, you are going to get me heated with this nonsense.
How the hell are you blaming ONE GUY for the ultimate fault of the COMPANY?
Shimbori didn't cause any of the damn issues with the sexuality and the costumes, KT did!(including having to deal with the embarrassment that happened with EVO Japan).
Shimbori didn't decide to go and deal with a shit engine and a terrible budget, KT did(which they also did with DW9 and why that game was a failure... or the same with the Atlier series)

No one isn't trying to say Shimbori isn't perfect but holy fucking hell, you are basically telling a lifelong DOA developer that he should go and disappear not because he made a bad game, but he was handed terrible tools and could barely make a passable game and tell him he should have somehow turned it into fucking gold.

All you are doing is forcing them blame on a victim while leaving the actual perpetrators completely at large. When they hand you a goddamned budget, then you have to use only the budget the hand to you unless you are willing to go out of your way to pay for other expenses:
This is what a game's budget is for:
-Gathering Team Members
-Creating a Soundtrack
-Designing the engine to doing what you want it to do
-Creating the character models and the costumes they have
-Creating the Story Mode Models and making THEM do what you want to do
-Creating the Stages
-Making sure all of that shit works and iron out all of the kinks.

And they have to also hope they have the time to actually get all of that shit done. KT didn't even give them much of a budget and you wonder why the game is crap and the influence was all over the place when KT basically undermined the team at every step?
Don't blame the dude when he was given a shit hand and was told to somehow make it a Royal Flush, blame the dealer who gave them that shitty hand knowingly.

Best post. Thank you for understanding.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well I never denied it was his opinion, nor does he himself deny it. I mean personally I changed my opinion on Shimbori after reading some posts of other members. I appreciate his work until DOA5U, after DOA5U/LR I can’t really thank him besides the fact that he continued with the series. You can’t blame KT for everything as well. KT didn’t say we want x type of mechanic in DOA’s gameplay. That’s all Shimbori and his team at TN.

Yeah they did. They said everything they needed to with the budget they provided him.

Anyways. You liking this trolls post is foretelling on what you think.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yeah they did. They said everything they needed to with the budget they provided him.

Anyways. You liking this trolls post is foretelling on what you think.
I can like what I want to like. Maybe not worry about what I do since what I think isn’t any of your business to begin with.

Seigen

Ok, putting aside how barebones the game was/is and the predatory DLC practice, who's responsible for the dogshit mechanics 6 was blessed with? Did KT ask Shimbori to make the game a braindead scrub inclusive clusterfuck mechanics wise?

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Ok, putting aside how barbones the game was/is and the predatory DLC practice, who's responsible for the dogshit mechanics 6 was blessed with? Did KT ask Shimbori to make the game a braindead scrub inclusive clusterfuck mechanics wise?
Nakamura has a grudge against tournament players (ESPECIALLY Japanese players). If there's anyone to blame for scrubbifying the game, it's him.

Seigen

I highly doubt KT let the personal issues of a TN member with the competitive community ruin the game's competitiveness and market success; it seems too unprofessional for a Japanese company, even by KT's low standards. So either 1. KT asked TN to make the game scrub friendly to draw in the DOAX whales or 2. Shimbori/Nakamura are a bunch of scrubs themself that wished to make the game easier for bad players or 3. they simply had no fucking clue of what they were doing.

human013

Didn't you guys just go through a, "You can't blame one guy for..." recently? And here we are blaming one guy lol. What's more believable? One guy who has it out for DOA and decided to sabotage the game or
3. they simply had no fucking clue of what they were doing.
My money is on 3. The game reeked of incompetence. TN just did whatever they could to make DOA6 look new without thinking it through. How else were they going to build off of DOA5?
  • Meter
  • Break Hold
  • Fatal Rush
Nothing of substance was added but it looked new and exciting on the surface.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I highly doubt KT let the personal issues of a TN member with the competitive community ruin the game's competitiveness and market success; it seems too unprofessional for a Japanese company, even by KT's low standards. So either 1. KT asked TN to make the game scrub friendly to draw in the DOAX whales or 2. Shimbori/Nakamura are a bunch of scrubs themself that wished to make the game easier for bad players or 3. they simply had no fucking clue of what they were doing.

Shimbori had good intentions with the game and wasn't given to what was suppose to be given.

1) TN had a skeleton group working on the game. The rest of the team members went to work on other games or freelancing Square Enix's Dissidia and Nintendo's Zelda. Two big hitting franchises that are more favorable and legitimately worth it because that's where the money was at. Nioh is a prime example because the concept behind the game had a huge following (Difficult games/Dark Souls etc.), far greater than any fighting game because the communities for that is huge.

2) DOA6 was even outsourced to a Vietnamese studio which a lot of people forgot to mention including myself. Part of the balance was on Shimbori and the whole mechanics was just plain implemented poorly, but in the long run there is a possibility that it could of been adjusted in a well balanced fashion with meter intended. Unfortunately no one knows at this point because support for it is over (typical and as expected).

There is a pattern to it all.

DOA5/DOA5U/DOA5LR (Shimbori) - Did positively well.

Nioh 1 - Did massively well.

DOA6 - Did pretty poorly (Shimbori).

Nioh 2 - Did massively well.

All TN games up there and developed in the same building. DOA6 could of been the same exact game as DOA5 or it's counterparts and it still would of objectively been a worse game than DOA5s. I mean, peeps might as well ask Mr. Wah on everything that's happened. It's the asshats of the people upstairs. They tried to bank off you expecting you to pay a game that was handled with crumbs, so TN did exactly as intended. Developed with crumbs on their hands. So the guy bounced. I would of bounced too if I was used as a meatshield for shit that ain't even on me. There are better companies and work places out there, working on DOA games might as well be a stress test at this point because people seem to think DOA is the holy grail of fighting games when they can't play anything else but DOA.

Sure, maybe some aspects are on Shimbori, but in terms of the grand scale of things that's minimal. The only time people could fully blame a single individual is if he was given everything in his disposal (budget and time) to make the greatest DOA game of all time, and then flunk it. Which didn't happen.

Last edited:

NightAntilli

At this point I don't think the person has anything to do with it. The core mechanic of DOA is simply broken and inferior to pretty much all other fighters out there. It was never really taken seriously as a fighter, and after so many tries, there is still no significant progress.

Maybe DOA is simply not a franchise worth saving anymore. At least not for fighting games. They're better off focusing on the Volleyball games and merch.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
At this point I don't think the person has anything to do with it. The core mechanic of DOA is simply broken and inferior to pretty much all other fighters out there. It was never really taken seriously as a fighter, and after so many tries, there is still no significant progress.

Maybe DOA is simply not a franchise worth saving anymore. At least not for fighting games. They're better off focusing on the Volleyball games and merch.
I wouldn't say the core mechanics are broken, it's just the critical stun game is jarring to new players since when you're in a stun that's long enough to combo from, you're thrown in a guess to escape situation and must hold or defend properly which can be difficult, so they tried to add a way to simplify it but made the BH too annoying and constant since it breaks the flow of the match, and BBs are pretty much rewarding on hit and block and aren't really punishable. They could get the core mehanics right if they say down and actually thought of ways to do it, I don't think people are just gonna settle for the beach games since the fighting game itself still has a strong playerbase

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I wouldn't say the core mechanics are broken, it's just the critical stun game is jarring to new players since when you're in a stun that's long enough to combo from, you're thrown in a guess to escape situation and must hold or defend properly which can be difficult, so they tried to add a way to simplify it but made the BH too annoying and constant since it breaks the flow of the match, and BBs are pretty much rewarding on hit and block and aren't really punishable. They could get the core mehanics right if they say down and actually thought of ways to do it, I don't think people are just gonna settle for the beach games since the fighting game itself still has a strong playerbase

I agree with some of the bits yeah.

In DOA the moment you get hit, you gotta guess. It's simply the situation that it was implemented not the way they wanted it. DOA is heavily influenced with Yomi with a bit of VF lite behind it. But most fighting games are a mix with Yomi as an addition, but DOA is full on Yomi for most of the time and the way you get rewarded is completely different to most of the modern fighting games out there, which it's unique in it's own way, but I do feel that there are things that are "too" different to the other ones out there.

I still firmly believe that DOA has to go to the route of implementing throw breaks on NH when you guard so that even new players that pick up won't get blasted by sheer attack shenanigans and having to pure guess between when to block/attack/hold. I don't think they'll ever get rid of DOA general stun play, but there is room for core mechanics improvement, which is what they tried to do albeit more tailored to newer players.

The whole SS situation as an example was the big complaints a lot of people had in the past including myself because DOA's neutral step system is awful. They heard the complaints but didn't implement it the way people thought it would be. Things might of gotten overlooked or they simply didn't have the right moment to do it, who knows, if they had such an issue then they could of just reverted back to the old freestep movement system, which also got botched as well. It's quite the disconnect that people just got tired explaining it to TN so it is what it is.

human013

The core mechanic of DOA is simply broken and inferior to pretty much all other fighters out there.
Everyone and their mothers have said this and have been saying it since day one. The only people who say it isn't are DOA people. I'd say DOA should be saved only if it is willing to make big changes because the 3d fighter genre is already small enough as is. TN just needs to do a GGST and do a complete overhaul, then when people complain just tell them to fuck off politely like what Arcsys did. It was something along the lines of GGST being their vision for the game and they're sticking with it. Of course, TN would have to be competent enough in the first place to pull this off.

When your game revolves around stun locking every couple second, mashing to get out, and guessing, there is clearly something wrong. Look at any tournament footage and whenever SE is needed, put up the QTE from God of War and see how often it pops up. Having to choose between mashing out of stun or guessing with a hold does not equal depth.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD